I'd like to propose a few camera adjustments (these were posted before by me, but I figured it'd be good to repost them here):
- When you enter RTS combat, have some default camera position which we can always return to
-Right now, if you move your camera up a mountain or something taller than your current view, your camera will be fixed in that position. I think it'd be better if it returned back to the camera you had before. This way you wouldn't have to reposition your view.
- When you come from dragon form back to build, your camera should return back to the default view (or the camera you had before you morphed) instead of being the same location from where you transformed. This will save us a few seconds of confusion to resettle our cameras back to a strategic point of view.
- You should be able to change the camera angle with holding in second mousebutton instead of using the middlemouse. I hate using middlemouse button for anything but scrolling.
- You can position your camera, so when you click on the minimap for a new location, your view will be placed from outside the map and looking in. This in itself is not a problem, but when you reach the outer edges of the maps your camera will begin to rise as if there was a mountain. This is very very annoying and forces you to once more resettle your camera to a desired position, taking up valuable seconds.
- Depending on which map you play, and which starting position you have, your starting camera should always show your entire base (your citadel plus all three construction sites).
- And remove the "who vs who" bar on the left side, it's a huge area where you are unable to click on anything and it doesn't provide any useful information really. If you don't know who you are allied with and who you are against, you are not paying attention in the first place.
- In the lobby, can press a character button and the chat will rapidly create that character. Why is that not possible for backspace?
- Personally I think, using your jetpack, traveling from point A to point B fuel consumption is completely out of proportions with the cost of dashing. Dashing should be expensive, but I suggest making the consumption be bigger for using the jetpack to cover distance.
-The zeppelins range improvement aura should be listed as a passive ability, where it says how much the range is improved by.
-Perhaps changing the Zeppelins "Fly, my flaming pretties" to uncontrollable drones which will fly around for a duration, attacking random targets, instead of a single target ability.
-When you are playing team matches, you and your teammate should always spawn on the same side of the map, as in closest to each other.
-This game is in dire need of a ping system
- Regnox and I had a game earlier vs. two insane AI's. In the very beginning I morphed into my dragon to attack one of the AI's scouting troopers. There was just one problem, it was Regnox.
I'm colourblind, and I couldn't tell the difference between who was AI and who was Regnox, ultimately making us lose in the end (very close and fun fight tho).
Making some of the colours more distinguishable from one another would help greatly (or make a colourblind option). I'm full spectrum colourblind btw. - Thank you!
-Perhaps a hotkey to remove all HUD? Would be awesome for the sake of screenshots (dragon form is absolutely gorgeous on ultra)
- In a game we just had, we had a player on lagtimer. He ended up closing the game down, but the timer continued. After it exceeded 30 seconds we were unable to kick him from the game because he was already out. This left the rest of us stuck in a game we couldn't quit, or had any way of communicating ingame. When the lagging player drops out manually, the game should continue.
-Chat is disabled during lagtimer
-Cursor disappears during lagtimer
Last edited by watser; 28/06/13 09:44 PM.