Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Jaedar Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Originally Posted by Raze

The Steam group announcements section lists some changes in Monday's update.

Yeah, wouldn't happen to have any for yesterdays update as well? smile

The new tooltips are cool. Perhaps the unit skill tooltips should be copied to the ones in the research tab as well? New menu is snazzy as well. There's some weird loading screen shenanigans going on as I start multiplayer games since it starts by having the loading gears in bottom right, then goes to the skirmish loading screen with the map view and such.

veteran
veteran
Unofficial 1.0.84.9727 Patch Notes
  • New Menu
  • There are tooltips for all the units and skills, which have lots of helpful information, good stuff.
  • The bar on the Dragon’s HUD that wasn’t used is now the jetpack meter.
  • You can now hold the mouse button down for continuous fire of your breath weapon, although it’s much slower than clicking it repeatedly.
  • The cost for spawning in as a Dragon has been reduced to 30 Recruits, down from 35.
  • Newly built Hunters have a 90 second cooldown before they can teleport (regardless of whether Teleport has been researched or not)
  • The maps have been renamed from their working names.
  • You can now build units in a queue of over 15 at a time. (The building queue scrolls).

Balance Changes
  • Troopers damage decreased from 110 to 105.
  • Grenadier's health increased to 770 from 750.
  • Grenadier's range increased to 825 from 700.
  • Shaman's speed increased to 130 from 110.
  • Hunter's damage increased to 31 from 30.
  • Devastator's damage increased to 225 from 190.
  • Bomber Balloon's range increased to 550 from 350.

J
Jaedar Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
The new build(from 10 minutes ago) moved the menu so it covers the dragons face. This does not look very good.

J
Jaedar Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
This is my thread, pretty nice huh.

Anyway, the pace right now(skirmish) seems REALLY FAST. I dunno if I messed up some option but you get ridonk amount of money and stuff. Too fast for my tastes.

It would be cool if minimap indicated if a building site was captured or built on. Hollow cube for captured, solid for built maybe?

apprentice
apprentice
I tried a easy skirmish match against one AI opponent and in few minutes the AI sended a army many times bigger than my few ones and crushed me without chance of defense. Some ideas?

And a suggestion, maybe put subtitles in the video tutorials

Support
Support

You can set the AI to 'None' rather than easy, to get a feel for the game mechanics. Some people find that speed capturing the nearest recruitment centre(s) and building up troops is key; at least one person mentioned taking to dragon form early to pick off the enemy scouts before they could start capturing building sites.

It isn't focused on beginner help, or procedural advice (use of hotkeys, etc), but you could check out the topic:

What tactics have people discovered? [Theorycraft]

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Raze

You can set the AI to 'None' rather than easy, to get a feel for the game mechanics. Some people find that speed capturing the nearest recruitment centre(s) and building up troops is key; at least one person mentioned taking to dragon form early to pick off the enemy scouts before they could start capturing building sites.

You can't pick off the enemy scouts as a Dragon anymore - at least in Campaign mode - you need to wait like 90 seconds before you can first spawn as a Dragon.

Support
Support

Oops, I guess I should keep up with each build if I want to give advice. shame

J
Jaedar Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Played some campaign with myself. Discovered one rather gamebreaking issue.
[Linked Image]
Every time a transport is in combat, they always die, 100%(looks like the max integer). In naval battles this is especially problematic since they take their cargo with them.

I think I even had a transport die, despite it not being in the combat, just for being in that region on that turn.

Also, the ai can't play the island map. It was hoarding 20 something troopers on its starting island and not even capturing its harbor point until several minutes into the game. The geometry also seems weird, on the southeastern coast of the main island, my troopers had to move to point blank range to shoot the 3 units the ai managed to move off its main base(it started with them loaded in a transport).

And yeah, the dragon timer is in multiplayer as well. It's a bit too long in my opinion, at least in skirmish.

I'm a bit worried dragon will make it trivial against the AI(in sp too), because the ai doesn't push its starting troop advantage at all(playing on hard) and it doesn't use dragon either so the player has a huge advantage.

Last edited by Jaedar; 29/06/13 11:05 AM.
stranger
stranger
I have this bug "65535", but with flying goblin, not with a transport.

addict
addict
They are IMP fighters, not goblins.

This bug happens most often with transports, I've had it happen with troopers too.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
stranger
stranger
I recognized one thing. After a skirmish ends and shows the victory screen one cpu core goes wild while the rest stays normal.

[Linked Image]

journeyman
journeyman
A couple of things that somewhat bothered me, sorry if they were already mentioned (which is most probably), I only read a couple of feedback topics.

Map :

- After playing a card on a country, while the miniature on the map looks ok, the large card that appears when you hover over it isn't the same (in my case, after playing the 200% gold buff, it appeared a purple card with a dragon illustration, though the text was correct).

- The academy building is said to give "0% discout on research", both when building and when hovering over it on the map. Not that interesting.

- If moving the map around while hovering over a building or a unit, the text follows the map and not the building. Doesn't matter much I guess, but feels awkward to me.

- The cursor becomes a hand over ally units, as if you could grab them.

- When preparing for battle, I missclicked and used a card I didn't want to. I found no way to remove it, maybe I missed the obvious (or it wasn't obvious enough? Right click maybe?), or maybe there's none on purpose. If so, I'd love to know why, as it appeared somewhat annoying to me. CORRECTION : I didn't try, but I'm pretty sure now that the undo button will do the trick. I didn't think to it, as it wasn't on the forefront anymore with the battle window. Maybe some more obvious method would help.

- Concerning preparation too, being asked to let the Imperial army lead the battle while playing as rebels is... Awkward.

Battle :

- In battle, though with a correct fps, lots of things aren't smooth at all : zooming/dezooming does it by huge increments, same for moving the map (travels like the 5th of my screen when hitting once a direction key), or clicking any button (skills, recruitment) : it doesn't work properly, most of my click don't do anything, I often must try 3/4 time before it works. Spamming or not doesn't change anything to that ratio.

- Something else that proves excessively choppy is turning into a dragon : it's totally mad for the few first seconds, whirling around, looking up, down, behind... Even if I don't do the sightest mouse move, and everything at low fps. So for the moment, I always turn dragon behind my units, and muyst wait these few seconds to have passed before engaging the ennemy. It's quite game-breaking as I loose all the blitz power of a jetpack-dragon. There were a couple of times where it didn't do that, I couldn't sort out what makes that happen or not. It still got very low fps (I have no indicator but I'd say 4-5) for the same time.

- I love artillery. In fact, I love all big guns. But especially artillery. I already got some fun in my first battle researching the siege mode in barracks, putting some arties and a zeppelin somewhere, and vaporizing those foolish infantries and defense cannons! mwahahah! Hm. Though, what constructive I can say, is : a range indicator for the siege mode would be really, really great. Some faint color disc, or a dotted circles... Something like the area of the shelling.

- Those lovely arties lead me to another thing gameplay-related : I got a ~300 recruits value army, neatly massed, with 6 arties in the middle of them. I started bombing their buildings, far out of range of any ennemy (the AI didn't build any arty, and even though, I got the Zeppelin), lolled around a bit as a dragon, came back... To notice most of my forces were depleted, with a clearing in the middle of the army. I'm pretty sure the 2 artillery behind got they shot 'intercepted' by the two in front of them, which made my bombing very effective... Against my own troops. Meh. The battle ended before I could make sure of this though, I'll do some testing.
Well, what I wanted to suggest is : a 'formation' system would be great, really great (too). Even something as simple as click-and-drag with right click to put the units in a neat line (instead of my already mentionned neat mass) would avoid such a problem and be overly useful in a large panel of situations (as a Total War player, I tried to do this tons of times).

- Also got the 65535 bug, with transport on the Obbrana country : after a battle, while I got 2 jeeps and 1 transport on the country, it reports 1 jeep and 65535 transports as casualties, with 1 jeep and 2 transports left. However, I have no transport remaining on the map (the jeep is there). Note that I didn't loose it during the fight, it wasn't even hit, nor any other naval unit (and if I'm not wrong, the loss ratio is distinct for air/land/naval, so it shouldn't have been destroyed).

Thanks for reading all this, I hope some of this feedback may prove useful. I'll try to read more of what has already been said to avoid redundancy, but I wanted to give my first feedback while playing -and was way too much impatient to read all before horsey .

Last edited by Baalka; 29/06/13 10:10 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Suggestions:

1) Possibility to sell the cards at the shop (Ex: For the spell cards that you already have purchase).

2) A system that sorts the cards. When you got some Tavern on the map, it rapidly become hard to see what you have.

3) Possibility to see the spells that you already got when you select your cards. Since the multiplayer don't last enough to remember properly all of what you purchase, you may select spell cards that you don't need (Can be because you already have it or because you don't have the spell necessary for you (ex: Use the stealth strategy (become invisible and unleash hell on enemy) -> you select fire pillar card but finally don't use it because you forgot that you didn't bought yet the stealth spell).

Last edited by Ovnidemon; 30/06/13 12:39 AM.

PS: Sorry for my bad English
stranger
stranger
In the dragon research menu, the skill "Friends With Benefits" says "hits inflicted on this shield heal you for a total of 0% of the damage done"

aka Phexicans - Weresheepfox of Sin
stranger
stranger
Sorry if someone's already mentioned this bug but in my last match, some ground units (both mine and the enemy's) were stuck outside the map and partially underwater. Neither juggernauts nor my dragon could get close enough to the enemies to attack them, and they wouldn't move, so the battle became unwinnable. Pressed restart battle and got a CTD.

Last edited by mica; 01/07/13 09:59 AM.

aka Phexicans - Weresheepfox of Sin
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Issh, Larian_QA, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard