Print Thread
#46764 28/03/03 08:45 PM
S
Strife Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
i installed the game and keep getting the message "unload the debugger and try again" or something to that affect. anyone have this problem before, if so, is there a solution?

Strife~

veteran
veteran
Extracted from the old forum

Debugger... hmm... what programs run in the Taskbar (the small symbols next to the clock)? They normaly don't show as seperate programs in the Taskmanager but rather as Tasks (second Tab). Does ist help to close some of these programs you don't need? Can you find the debugger there and close it?

An as Ragon said in another thread...
- Try switching your desktop to 16bit color mode
- Try running Divinity in W2k or Win9x compatibility mode. Try both modes and if it does not help don't forget to turn the compatibility mode off again.

lar:
The debugger message originates with Safedisc which is the copy protection mechanism used in. If the message pops up, Safedisc has detected a program which could potentially be used to crack. Apparently it sometimes mistakes other applications for debuggers and switching these off usually remedies the problem.

If nothing at all is happening, we're dealing with a safedisc problem - that the configuration tool doesn't start up at all is only possible if the configtool.exe is not in the same path as Divinity OR if there are *.cfg files. But even then - from V1.29 on the game checks if it is feeling healthy on the file front and warns if the game is being started up after an abnormal termination. The first window which initially appears belongs to safedisc and I'm starting to think that therein lies the real problem. Before forwarding this to the expert in the field, I'd just like to make sure that you really see nothing, but then really nothing at all when you click on the Divinity icon.
Lar

Lynn:
I'm not sure about your problem, but it's possible that the problem is caused because of the save disc protection.
Please contact the CDV support regarding this, they are specialized in this matter.
You can find their coordinates at the back of your manual.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard