Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#467678 27/06/13 03:31 AM
Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
hellos again! I posted a request for long hairstyles awhile ago. Been checking in and something popped in my mind....I notice a lot of MMOs have "flirt options" when interacting with npcs. Sadly it's only for male characters...If Players can charm/flirt/persuade npcs in some way. Will female players have the option to with male npcs?

it gets a lil awkward in games, I make cute little healer types and then the game forces them into this dominant lesbian role flirting with female npcs..so just nervous!!

By the way I am totally in love with the weather system idea and the fact you can make it 6 players with the editor (I read that on the forums o.o)

Support
Support

I don't recall flirting with NPCs being mentioned during the kickstarter, but the game was originally designed with one male and one female lead character (until the backstory was changed and that was removed as a constraint), so it is unlikely it would be put in just for male characters.

journeyman
journeyman
I alwais like to see what interesting ideas people have about what a game should be, and I believe art should imitate life :p right!

Death and glory!
stranger
stranger
i would be very surprised if the flirt options in the end don't end up being for the male and female characters.

never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
stranger
stranger
=_=" now i want to find a female gamer who can play the female character so i can try to attempt to flirt with them :p as marius voinescu says art should imitate life hehehe

Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
I think there are alot of female gamers! just most of us don't really get into games due to the male focus a lot them have.

journeyman
journeyman
Would be nice if every N.P.C. were to have individual "flirt success" thresholds for both sexes. wink

Proud Probatanthrope

Tor.com: Boob Plate Armor Would Kill You (cf. "ball plate armor" - Just think about it.)
Divinity Original Sin General forum post number 6000 wooooo!

You can bribe people... What's the difference between bribe and flirting?

Last edited by watser; 27/06/13 06:22 PM.
stranger
stranger
flirting's an art though hehe

Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
bribes cost money/items. Flirting is free

Bribe may cost you something of material value.... Flirting will cost you your dignity. It's just two different kinds of currency.

Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
dignity? Think we are talking about a diff kinda flirting. You do know flirting is a common happening in day to day life? I think you are thinking of..well not going to say it on the forums.Both genders flirt and who is to say someone does not want to play a silver tongued rogue? or charming priest/priestess?

Edited to add Priest/Priestess to show both genders can have options of flirting without it being some degrading act as some are trying to make it seem.

Last edited by Ellary; 27/06/13 10:05 PM.
This will be funny because I'll play with my girlfriend and there is a feature (pursuade) between the two characters which is similar to flirting. Let's say sweet talk. hehe
However this is a good idea to give the possibility to flirt with NPC-s and this can be really funny if the other character is there in the moment and can hear everything.
I mean only light things with this of course.... :hihi:

We are proud to report that we finished our DOS2 localization project (Hungarian). :'-)
https://warg8.jimdofree.com/
I for one think flirting is extremely uncharming and really really annoying.

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Originally Posted by watser

Watser picks up all the chicks at the club by walking up to them and telling them that he wishes to pursue the act of procreation and possibly form an agreement for a long term engagement.

Like a sir.

journeyman
journeyman
Maybe we should have more gamer girls come here and post in the thread :P

Death and glory!
Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
so Watser we are all supposed to feel that way? silly me I had thought Larian liked hearing ideas from all players...*taps her head* I must have misread that.

edited because I forgot a T >.>

Last edited by Ellary; 28/06/13 05:45 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Gamer girl here, for what it's worth...

To address the OP's question: it was mentioned during the Kickstarter that some characters would react to the player character's gender, but I imagine the experience will be very similar for both male and female players. I'm sure there'll be at least one or two opportunities for flirting. wink

Originally Posted by Affixiation
Originally Posted by watser

Watser picks up all the chicks at the club by walking up to them and telling them that he wishes to pursue the act of procreation and possibly form an agreement for a long term engagement.

Like a sir.

Almost true, I would never agree with longterm commitment.
Girlfriends are the worst investment you'll make in your life, it's nothing but expenses and you get nothing in return.

V
apprentice
apprentice
V
also a female gamer and I dont think I have ever been put off a game because it was male centered.. I mean yea sometimes you HAVE to play a male toon as thats the only option but if its an RPG then you are supposed to be playing as that guy anyways... I cannot recall ANY game that forces you to be a lesbian smirk

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard