Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Alastar Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
So far I am able to start matches vs just A.I but when another player is involved most of the time I get "nat punch-through failed" or a failed connection, and same thing happens when someone joins me. I would get kicked from the lobby when someone tries to join and that message would appear.

Now, I had a friend look at the NAT for my router, and apparently it is either all on or all off, leaving me without a firewall if it is off.

So, any other suggestions to try and get the multiplayer to work?

And on another note, I remember hearing that there were 3 different kinds of dragons: one more focused on people who want to be the dragon more often so the dragon is stronger but the RTS units are weaker, another dragon that is balanced, and another one where the dragon is pretty weak but is useful for support and other abilities. Which of the three dragons in this game is which?

Last edited by Alastar; 29/06/13 04:58 AM.
addict
addict
Normally, routers should have a port forwarding option, that may be called something else. You'd have to find the ports the game uses and forward them. This means exposing a select few ports, and not disabling the whole firewall.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
journeyman
journeyman
Human Dragon is balanced, Dwarf Dragon kick some ... with his devastating competences, and Lizard Dragon is more a support one...

I don't know if it has any influence on the units, except your aura though.

N
addict
addict
N
Well NAT hole punching for UDP works on ~90% of the routers, but may fail on routers that use port-restricted NAT; AFAIK in that case at least one player must set up port forwarding on the router otherwise the NAT tables on the router will discard the DC traffic.

You should either ask Larian about the port numbers or run "netstat -a -b -n" while playing with other players connected and set up port forwarding for all entries where the state is "LISTENING" and has the DC exe filename under it.

Alastar Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Thanks for the information, I'll see if I can get this to work. Also, I usually only see 2 or 3 games,on the lobby list, are there more games going on then that or is my connection or something not letting me see the whole list of games?

veteran
veteran
2 or 3 games? You're lucky. There aren't really that many games going on at the moment.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I'm suffering from this problem as well, so any help is greatly appreciated.

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
In case anyone is wondering. I've had success with forwarding UDP port 23232

old hand
old hand
This should be a lot better now since the last patch. Can you let us know if you're still having problems ?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Issue not resolved here. I keep getting "nat punch failed" .

Originally Posted by Norbyte
Well NAT hole punching for UDP works on ~90% of the routers, but may fail on routers that use port-restricted NAT; AFAIK in that case at least one player must set up port forwarding on the router otherwise the NAT tables on the router will discard the DC traffic.

You should either ask Larian about the port numbers or run "netstat -a -b -n" while playing with other players connected and set up port forwarding for all entries where the state is "LISTENING" and has the DC exe filename under it.

I tried that and I can find dcapp.exe using a udp connection, but nowhere in "LISTENING" . So I tried forwarding that particular port under dcapp.exe (you know, setting up static ip for my gaming pc, instruct router to forward that port (e.g. :49988)), nothing helps!

enthusiast
enthusiast
And yes, I have DC running on steam, Windows 7 64b, though I don't think that info is relevant here. So much for multiplayer! That means I'll have to invite meself to Larian studios to play lan wink that's the least they can do for helping me multiplay!

Btw, I couldn't help but investigating the installed files and such, I allways like to consider what scripts could be rewritten with just notepad.exe and I noticed your inhouse-engine is using directX9 instead of directX11. Seriously?

Moderated by  Issh, Larian_QA, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard