Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
I can! gosh I feel bad listing games on Larian forums...but its Saints row the third..a few other games too! just cannot recall the names. Where male players had more benefits then female players. Guess I am just picky =p

journeyman
journeyman
I don't mind playing male characters, but it's nice to be offered the choice if it doesn't affect the storyline too much. For D:OS I'll probably go with the default setup of one man, one woman - at least for my first playthrough. I've kind of got attached to Roderick and Scarlett. smile

How did males have more benefits than females in saints row?

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Voodoou
... I cannot recall ANY game that forces you to be a lesbian smirk
Fear effect 2

Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
watser I can tell you are trying to troll my post, so will humor you. Play the game and listen to a female character..they sound angry and butch. And I am sorry a female getting excited over female strippers? yeah the devs of that game set all the speech for male character mostly. There was not once you could flirt with a male character. But my female character had something flirty to say to each of the females.... Most games focus around the male player base and seem to forget girls can game to...flashing things and buttons don't confuse us...

Helena I am doing the same(one male one female), though I won't be playing alone~ a dear friend and I will be venturing through the game..and then fingers crossed we can make a story for it as well..if the tools are easy enough to understand =p

stranger
stranger
I'm a female gamer and I do hope there is a good amount of equity/parity between male and female choices. I usually prefer to play as a female given the option because it's more novel given how games usually are catered toward a male audience.

I'm not quite sure about the specifics, but is it possible to to a female only or male only run? Or is it always one male and one female when it comes to co-op?

Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
can both be any gender ^^

addict
addict
That most games are made for man has just the reason that at least 90% of all gamers sre male so its the main target audience.

I really like that in D:OS you will be able to have all kinds of combination possible and that you`re not forced into stereotypes like all woman are archers etc.

I think everybody should have the possibility to flirt with everybody in the game but the Npcs might react diffirent. Since not everyone might be hetereo or homo or he/she is in a tight relationsship or maybe totally asexual. Or maybe they find flirting disgusting and you loose a lot of sympathypoitns wink.

stranger
stranger
Thanks, Ellary! Sounds good!

I am pretty sure if we count the more casual games in the industry, we'd see that about 30-40% of gamers are actually female. XD It seems to me that more and more gamers are females these days anyway. SO hopefully that trend also causes more focus on equal pandering. lol

Or maybe if you don't have enough charisma/attractiveness points or whatever, you will also be rejected even if you are the right gender. And if you were extremely good looking, you would make someone fluster even if they were more heterosexual. All of that would be cool. I somewhat doubt it will be THAT in depth in this game, but I hope for something like that in the future.

R
stranger
stranger
R
I want mustaches, homosexual romance options and a snippet of Bohemian Rhapsody playing in the background when my two hairy heroes discover each other.

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Originally Posted by rattle
I want mustaches, homosexual romance options and a snippet of Bohemian Rhapsody playing in the background when my two hairy heroes discover each other.

Somebody to love would suit that much better.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Affixiation
Originally Posted by rattle

Somebody to love would suit that much better.

Or 'I Want To Break Free'. wink

journeyman
journeyman
Oh no here come the inuendoes. :P Well the thread is still quite civilized but that might change :P

Death and glory!
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Prax
Thanks, Ellary! Sounds good!

I am pretty sure if we count the more casual games in the industry, we'd see that about 30-40% of gamers are actually female. XD It seems to me that more and more gamers are females these days anyway. SO hopefully that trend also causes more focus on equal pandering. lol

Or maybe if you don't have enough charisma/attractiveness points or whatever, you will also be rejected even if you are the right gender. And if you were extremely good looking, you would make someone fluster even if they were more heterosexual. All of that would be cool. I somewhat doubt it will be THAT in depth in this game, but I hope for something like that in the future.

Hey if you have someone to flirt with while playing you could pretend it works for your characters to, or you could make a mod with the tool set to make it just so .

Death and glory!
apprentice
apprentice
I cannot recall ANY game that forces you to be a lesbian smirk

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mighty_Jill_Off

V
apprentice
apprentice
V
ok so the two games ppl listed as forcing you to be a lesbian I have never heard of.. perhaps I should have stated major games.. and saints row?!?! really?!?!?! you should EXPECT that one to not be female friendly..its part of their deal to be very "male". I am sorry OP but it really does sound like you are looking for an issue where there just isnt one. If you have played the other Larian games you would know they are very female friendly games and you should not compare them to abominations like Saints Row >.< I mean thats like comparing Sonic to Leisure Suit Larry.

You have never heard of Mighty Jill Off?
You should be ashamed of yourself! It's about a girl with a bootlicking fetish who gets kicked out of her mistress' castle, great fun!

Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
ok so the two games ppl listed as forcing you to be a lesbian I have never heard of.. perhaps I should have stated major games.. and saints row?!?! really?!?!?! you should EXPECT that one to not be female friendly..its part of their deal to be very "male". I am sorry OP but it really does sound like you are looking for an issue where there just isnt one. If you have played the other Larian games you would know they are very female friendly games and you should not compare them to abominations like Saints Row >.< I mean thats like comparing Sonic to Leisure Suit Larry.

Looking for an issue? woah lets back up. you and Watser can step down right now. The orig post is not angry, is not demanding.. its a simple question. Now both of you can take your lil troll boxes and go fail troll some other post.

getting lil bleh of alot of you guys on here trying to start lil trolly fights in simple posts...so calm down, take a breath..its gonna be ok.

Last edited by Ellary; 03/07/13 07:13 AM.
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Originally Posted by Ellary

Looking for an issue? woah lets back up. you and Watser can step down right now. The orig post is not angry, is not demanding.. its a simple question. Now both of you can take your lil troll boxes and go fail troll some other post.

getting lil bleh of alot of you guys on here trying to start lil trolly fights in simple posts...so calm down, take a breath..its gonna be ok.

i'm fairly sure she's serious, just ignore it.
OT: usually if an rpg gives you the option to choose your gender, most interactions are the same, with the exception of interactions with people who act differently according to the chosen gender.
there are also a couple of rpgs where men and women have different advantages and disadvantages, like fallout, there is a perk that (if chosen) allows for unique dialogue options with the other gender, and it also gives you a 10% damage bonus against the other gender aswell

Edit: about fallout 3 again, i'm fairly sure that in fallout new vegas, you can get a guy you need to kill to sleep with you (if you're a woman) and then you can kill him after he's asleep.
does this count as flirting aswell?

Last edited by deamento; 03/07/13 05:46 PM.
veteran
veteran
I highly doubt Larian would 'force' your character to be lesbian. And I suppose any flirting in the game will be tongue in cheek and geared towards both sexes.

You can't compare a game like Divinity:OS to the likes of Saints Row the Third. It's not realy an RPG, it's definately not to be taken serious. And the main protagonist is angry, whatever you choose. Man, woman, or something in between (cus you can do that).

It's one of these days...
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard