Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Elenoe Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
1) when in options (F10menu -> options), F10 brings another menu (and mess a little ESC functionality sometimes). I guess it shouldn't

2) ESC should bring options when there is nothing to cancel

3) when in options and dropdown some combobox, mouse scrolling outside that combo should still scroll the main list. When combo goes outside a screen it's "impossible" to scroll down to see all the choices it has

4) it would be nice to have "Keyboard scroll speed" option. Map scrolling is way to slow on zoom-

5) card collection - grid mode - letters are too small (1920x1200). I would suggest to enlarge card a bit on mouse over or at least on click so the text is readable

6) card collecion - grid mode - cannot select the card to play, only possible in scrolling view. Why?

7) card collection - filters are not working. Seeing all cards on "All". But any other choice show nothing or card which doesn't belong there ("Call of Valor" is in "Unit advantage" instead of dragon advantage/skill)

8) research - no tooltip or hint on how long it takes? Also it shows full bar before I start research (should show empty).

9) research suggestions - should be indicator on main screen (possibly turns left) and if possible - button to bring research on (the one on main city right click is not lucky choice IMO)

10) strategic map - there should be ability to storno unit move (by moving it back or to another tile). Saw "back" possibility, but it takes back last action, right?

11) battle card selection - missing filters?

12) dragon skill loadout - dragging skill from the list to the key should work even when skill is already assigned to another key (it should remove it). Right now, if skill is already assigned to key, you can move it from the list but you cannot assign

13) RTS mode, camera controls - I REALLY missed space/ctrl for bringing camera up and down. When I'm over battlefield and not just using WASD but want to "fly" I push middle button and expect ability to move like in other games. But since forwad + middle button goes where I look (ground usually) it brings me to close without ability to get up (scrolls are not working either with middle mouse). Space/Ctrl are most natural for me. But I need the same for dragon. To just go up/down.

14) RTS mode, tutorial - when I stopped tutorial prematurely (saw it before) and escaped, the whole game mode remained in greyscale

15) In the main menu just after start, LOAD GAME is greyed. It's needed to start new multiplayer game in order to get F10menu, where LOAD is available

That's what I've noticed in first hour. There were too many crashes in RTS thought to test it more frown Tried to describe some in that Larian debug window, hope it pack saves as well. First crash start when I've selected factory and tried to assign it under group key. Another one when just after load (for some reason always loaded in dragon form and very high zoom - close to dragon) when I want go out of dragon (needed wait like 15s before tried or instant crash). A some more frown

As for "wish". I really cannot get away the idea this game would be so glorious and unique and was meant to be played as MOBA game with "always-on" dragon, commanding buildings and general strategies. Not direct control of units. It's way to fast paced and what I was mainly do was defending.. poorly. Everything in the game just screams MOBA. Strategic map, cards, probabilities, bonuses systematics, upgrades, pace, AI.

Having blend of MOBA and I of the Dragon is my secret dream smile

Oh, forgot, Steam version 1.0.93.9727, Win7Pro64bit, i5-2500, GTX570

Last edited by Elenoe; 29/06/13 09:17 PM.
addict
addict

As for "wish". I really cannot get away the idea this game would be so glorious and unique and was meant to be played as MOBA game with "always-on" dragon, commanding buildings and general strategies. Not direct control of units. It's way to fast paced and what I was mainly do was defending.. poorly. Everything in the game just screams MOBA. Strategic map, cards, probabilities, bonuses systematics, upgrades, pace, AI.

Regarding the pacing: Have you played Starcraft 2? The pacing in DC is not that much faster.

A MOBA is more of a twitch gaming thing than an actual strategy game. The latter involves some actual thinking and a larger scale.

The nature of DC makes it so you have to be aggressive and on the offensive as much as possible, since map control is vital. Every recruitment centre speeds up recruit income AND raises your supply (support) cap by 50. A turtling strategy will not work unless you inflict far more casualties than you take, and do so over an extended period of time.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
I cant imagine this game being a MOBA

veteran
veteran
Actually I would love to have a special skirmish mode in which you only fight as dragon against other dragons without normal units or buildings.......

PvP dragon battles or dragon deathmatch, shouldn't be that hard to implement. smile

WOOS
Elenoe Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by EinTroll

Regarding the pacing: Have you played Starcraft 2? The pacing in DC is not that much faster.

I did, mastery and insane included. And as non-RTS player I take only extraordinary ones. And TBH.. DC won't beat SC2, not in RTS, not in story, not in multiplayer. That's my point. Why even try? Why not make a game that has no competition instead?

It's just a "secret" wish smile Larian means RPG for me.

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by Elenoe
Originally Posted by EinTroll

I did, mastery and insane included. And as non-RTS player I take only extraordinary ones. And TBH.. DC won't beat SC2, not in RTS, not in story, not in multiplayer. That's my point. Why even try? Why not make a game that has no competition instead?

It's just a "secret" wish smile Larian means RPG for me.

I kinda have to agree, there are tons of RTS games out there, and I was so excited when I heard about this mix of a RPG/RTS, But it doesn't feel that way, The board game i really nice, and I enjoy it, but my dream for Dragon Commander, is a game where one player can be a master of RTS, and the other a Master of Dragon Mode, and both of them have a equal shot at winning in multiplayer

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Elenoe

DC won't beat SC2,[...] not in story [...]

You're joking, right? That's a very insulting thing to say for the brilliant story writers Larian has.
SC 2 only has a blanket story so it can say it has a story and for some things to make a modicum of sense. It's bland, simple, doesn't say much. We haven't even seen the plot of DC yet.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
Elenoe Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
a little different topic then the original smile

about SC2 story.. it may be simple. I've read the books so the game visuals are only addition to the "great" plan in the story as a whole. But even without it.. HotS has very "flow" connection between videos and mission tasks, they are very much connected to each other. And it works. Blizzard can make this work in excellency. And storytelling is important as well. It's not just "script". Even when I always disliked zerg as faction HotS made me to feel for them. So I consider it well done in the end of day.

I would not say Larian writers are briliant. Kirril's music is. Stories are "just" good. Storytelling is the same. Bioware has brilliant storytellers f.e. NWN1, Dragon Age, Mass Effects.. They however make bad games under EA. That's why I preffer Divinity 2 over DAO. Stories are not that exciting.. but it has all parts good game needs. It has stats and inventory. There is freedom in move and solving problems. Hidden quests and dragons (very few games let you take form as flying dragon), humour and my own ugradable tower, working controls. And that's sort of things I'm looking in D:OS (movable items, synergy combat system, new co-op dialogs (and humour, quite good story, my own upgradable home and freedom in choice)).

I'm a bit sceptical now about DC as I'm not sure what could missing SP campaign really change on what I've seen. It may.. I just don't think it happens. I mean SC2 did quite big thing in SP missions. They are dynamic. Almost all are "original" in some way. Not just here's your base, build units and destroy enemy base X 30 levels. So if I would judge on SC2 skirmish.. it would be just pretty damn well RTS (controls are really mastered) but nothing more. I don't think this happens with DC. Maybe it will I don't know. It just never happened before. Larian strenghts are in different things. And right now they have closest engine for The I of the Dragon type of game smile Plus they can do good and original things.

Moderated by  Issh, Larian_QA, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard