Next Thread
Print Thread
#468129 30/06/13 02:07 AM
Asyreon Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Hello,

I'll cut short, the game is really promising, I enjoyed what I've seen.
Here are, however, a few things that I think could be useful.

During the Strategy phase

- The possibility to sell your cards to the merchant.

- The dotted line when you move an unit is ok but, at mid-game, it becomes confusing to me, there are so much units crossing themselves that, in the end, it's useless because we don't understand anything. What about the dotted lines only remain for the last action done, and show for every other units only when you select them, with a clic ?

- The "Undo" option is probably interesting, though I didn't use it so far, but it'd be way better, in my mind, if you could undo the action of a specific unit, by clicking on it, instead of having to undo all what you've done so far (especially if you only intend to correct one single mistake).
Same for the researches.

- Is it possible to make the units more visible on the map ? To me, it gets confusing at mid-game (sometimes I've forgot an unit because it wasn't visible enough in the crowd).
A slim line (of a different colour than the one you're using as a player) around the model of the unit would help, I think.
It'd stand out better.

- The border of the frontier are OK in my opinion, but an option to "animate" the borders (make the dotted lines slowly move clockwise, for instance) could make it clearer.

Quick question on the cards, does the buildings make better quality cards if they're placed on territories of high value ?
I didn't really understand it.

Before the RTS phase

- The possibility to take back a card we've placed.

- To see exactly the influence of a card, in %, before placing it. The number of the star indicate its power but still, it's not clear. Or maybe it is intended ? But to be honest, I don't understand the logic behind it.

During the RTS phase

- Instead of having 10 icons of the same units when you're selecting a group (or doing a queue in the factory), why not just one icon with the corresponding amount of units in the corner of the picture ?

- To "kill" our own units, so as to manage our Support ressource better (let's say you ask him gently to leave the battlefield).

- An alert when our base is under attack. It'd especially be truly helpful while under our dragon form.

- The waypoints should be visible only when you hold the Shift button. Also, it'd be good to move a waypoint with a left-click.

- To me, the RTS phase lack of depth. The maps are quite empty.
I guess it's a necessary sacrifice to keep the phase fast-paced.
There are a few things that the game lack of, such as an engineer unit (whose role would be to construct obstacles), buildings/vegetation to hide in, side objectives such as fighting for the possession of, let's say, a wizard's tower who could then cast devastating AoEs every X minutes.
Also, I wouldn't spit at more living maps, with climatic variations, villages, animals, forests, ...
To me, in the current state of the RTS phase, playing skirmishes in MP is not that great compared to other RTS games, because of this lack of depth and interactions.

- A short description of the buildings should always be available, with its function(s) and incomes.

That's all I've thought so far, the beta has not many bugs (except for one frustrating thing, where some units of a group just keep from executing an order).
The game is great, overall, nice work =)

P.S. : Great musics ! Also, I'm not a fan of the Kickstarter update song, but it's OK in this one, good remix.
The other ones, however, are truly excellent !

Last edited by Asyreon; 30/06/13 09:32 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Asyreon
There are a few things that the game lack of, such as an engineer unit (whose role would be to construct obstacles), buildings/vegetation to hide in, side objectives such as fighting for the possession of, let's say, a wizard's tower who could then cast devastating AoEs every X minutes.

Those don't really seem compatible with the game. It's too fast-paced for obstacle-builders, CERTAINLY too fast for things to hide in, and I don't think that there will be a lot of potential for side objectives in the bulk of the campaign. It's just not that kind of game.

Heck, the game's basically too fast-paced for even the minor obstacle building already in the game (mines) to be very useful.

Asyreon Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
About the Strategy phase :

- I think it'd make sense that the more capitals are in your possession, the more researches you can pursue at the same time.

- I didn't play with other players, so can anyone confirm that, after having captured a capital and merged our own researches with the ones of the other player, and in case the defender reconquer it, he doesn't learn OUR OWN technologies in the process ?
That would give him an unfair advantage.

- The concept of "Population" isn't clear, has anyone more infos about it ? I didn't find anything in the manual.

Last edited by Asyreon; 01/07/13 03:27 PM.
veteran
veteran
It's an interesting idea to let you pursue one or two additional researches per extra capital you take over, although it might be too powerful in addition to the other advantages you get (instant control over all territory.

Population determines the starting Recruit pool on the RTS maps.

Moderated by  Issh, Larian_QA, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard