Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I want to get to a level 35 before i get to the hall of echos but im not sure what the fastest way to level up is can anybody give me any usefull tips on what the fastest ways to level up are? I have only been able to find levels around 18-20 in the orobas fjords and i don't know where to find any level 21-30. My strength is all the way up and I don't know is that will help me any.

Last edited by Angelica cordle; 02/07/13 02:19 AM.
Support
Support

At the start of the fjords there are a couple caves you can get to in dragon form. If you clear down the mountain path, cross over to the opposite beach, then swim / fly around the corner of that mountain, there is a path that goes past the depleted ore mine and leads to High Hall and the harbour (the path eventually splits).

If you've done all that, and explored around the fjords, the next area to go to for higher level opponents would be Stone's Flying fortress, with a teleporter entrance on the mountain island in the middle of the channel leading to the harbour, on the north east side.

Technically you get more experience if you mindread first, where possible, then focus on combat and then turn in quests. Ultimately, though, you are still going to end up at pretty much the same level if you do everything.

If you don't have your dragon form yet, you'll need to return to Maxos temple and take the teleporter there that was made available after Amdusias was defeated.
Your first encounter after you use that teleporter you can mindread to go up a level, so the higher level you are (I made it to 22 in the fjords) the more of an experience bonus that will be. You don't need to get to a high level, but it would be better if you got to a new level before entering, to get a full level bonus (equip anything you have with a Wisdom boost). If you have done everything that you can, you might consider reloading a save just after going up your last level (if possible).

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Ok thanks and stones Flying Fortress which one is that because from my understanding there are 4 or 5 flyin fortresses in the fjords. Im a level 26 now

Last edited by Angelica cordle; 02/07/13 03:10 AM.
Support
Support

From the start of the fjords, Stone's fortress is the first of those teleporters you get to, on the north side of the island in the channel leading to the harbour (east of Dragon Cliff Castle). Raze's fortress is the next hardest, on the mountain across from the harbour (where the anti-dragon shields almost meet the mountain). Broken Valley is probably the next easiest, followed by Keara's flying fortress (across from the start of the Red Hammer tribe area) and then Kali (at the end of the channel that goes south from the harbour).

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Ok thank you i found it im a level 27 now i can at least try to get to a level 32 like i did in my 1st play through i did every mission, I took out every enemy, ad then i went to Kali's Flying Fortress but only that one i couldn't find the others i had a glitch in my game during the 1st play through

Last edited by Angelica cordle; 02/07/13 04:20 AM.
Support
Support

I went up to level 26 near the start of Stone's flying fortress, and almost got to 28 by the end (not counting the ant-dragon defences and headquarters). I got to 29 in Raze's Fortress, 30 at the start of Keara's fortress and 31 towards the top. Finishing most of largest rock in Kali's fortress got me to 32, and finishing most of the rest and clearing the dragon defences in Stone's fortress got me to level 33. Continuing to clear dragon defences and headquarters, including Broken Valley, I got to level 34 in Kali's fortress, finished with them all and turning in a couple quests got me to level 35. Finishing off loose ends and turning the remainder of the quests brought me to level 37, reaching 37 and a half at the end of the Hall of Echoes.

I left the dragon defences until last because structures give a fixed experience amount, so theoretically you could level a little higher if you do the ground opponents first, and leave the towers, etc, until later. Practically it didn't make a lot of difference, though.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Wow thank you over the night i went to Kali's Flying Fortress and razes and reached lvl 29 thank you that was a big help but there's one thing.....how to get past the anti-dragon zone area i can't get passed it

Last edited by Angelica cordle; 02/07/13 04:25 PM.
Support
Support

The anti-dragon zones around High Hall and the harbour can not be lowered; you can only enter in human form. The anti-dragon zone in Stone's fortress can be removed by destroying a generator in that fortified area.

The only thing in Rivertown Gorge is Kali's flying fortress. There is no way to get lower or reach any other areas, and if you enter on foot from the fjords, you need to be quick about transforming when you enter the gorge, because that first step is a big one...

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard