Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Rack Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
R
In the tutorial video it mentions you can use the middle mouse button to change the view, but this doesn't work on my system. I'm using Windows 8 (Yeah I know, but it was cheap) so that might be something to do with it. As it stands I can't change my view for the first couple of minutes until I can spawn as a dragon.

It also seems like there should be an option to change the mouse buttons. I have a 5 button mouse and would generally prefer never to use the middle mouse button and certainly not for anything as core as changing view. Is it possible to add in features to configure the mouse buttons?

Support
Support

So if you hold the middle button down the mouse cursor doesn't change from an arrow to a circular crosshairs symbol in the middle of the screen (allowing you to use the mouse to adjust the camera direction)?

Have you tried your other mouse buttons, in case the game thinks one of them is the middle button?

Can you configure your middle button function in windows (as double click, etc)?

R
Rack Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
R
That's right, the middle mouse button doesn't do any of that. The thumb button turns into a Dragon, the other side button does nothing and the left and right buttons are select and move.

In Win 8 the default functionality of the middle mouse button is to call up an instant view of all windows, if I change this to middle mouse button the middle mouse does work properly. It's not an ideal solution of course but that is the root of the issue.

(As a side note if I change my other side button to middle mouse I can use it to change view, which is far easier)

D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Rack

(As a side note if I change my other side button to middle mouse I can use it to change view, which is far easier)

I was looking for the option to this in controls and couldn't find it. It seems to if they added the option to remap the key it would be less of an issue. I hate using the middle mouse button for anything other than scrolling in/out.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Damedius
Originally Posted by Rack

I was looking for the option to this in controls and couldn't find it. It seems to if they added the option to remap the key it would be less of an issue. I hate using the middle mouse button for anything other than scrolling in/out.

And you are not alone. Using that middle button is finicky at best.

* as usual this is imho (unless stated otherwise); feel free to disagree, ignore or try to change my mind. Agreeing with me is ofc also allowed, but makes for much worse flamewarsarguments.

It is a full moon night and ... bèèè! ... the Weresheep are out...

Moderated by  Issh, Larian_QA, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard