Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
henryv Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by JadeViper
The big gold boosts and discounted production is very strong if you're lucky enough to get the card combo. This isn't OP because each spot has a production limit based on your gold, so your home territory can only ever produce 8 units. I've definitely popped out 8 juggernauts in one go on a few occasions. It's just the way the cards flop.

As I've said before, using 250% gold card will increase the income capacity of the capital to 20. Increasing your production queue to 20 since unit production is dependent on how much the country is earning.

Yes, it is dependent on luck, and utilizing your resources well, so it might have been intentional on the part of the developers hence the question mark above.

On the bugged screenie, I'm actually the defender. There are no entrenchments. I don't even know how to produce entrenchments. The AI is attacking that country always. Sending out one unit at a time. Big reason is to immobilize my troops inside and hinder any troops going in.

Last edited by henryv; 06/07/13 04:07 PM.

"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because we are still prisoners of society"
henryv Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Double post.

Last edited by henryv; 06/07/13 04:08 PM.

"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because we are still prisoners of society"
M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by henryv

As I've said before, using 250% gold card will increase the income capacity of the capital to 20. Increasing your production queue to 20 since unit production is dependent on how much the country is earning.
Yes, it is dependent on luck, and utilizing your resources well, so it might have been intentional on the part of the developers hence the question mark above.

There is a further problem with this - there are more than 2 gold boost cards (1 turn and 2 turn which have no real difference as both work for one), all of which can be stacked with each other, but there is good news, strategic building is limited at a mere 144units per country per turn and getting them all means a lot of luck or parliaments the latter will mean they are rather weak until they pull it off.

As such I must really recommend that all but maybe 2 of types of gold card be removed or make them based off the base/mine value and not the total value.

Oh and trying to exceed 1000g on a country (8 + mine + cards) will result in a ctd.

Last edited by Maxdmg; 06/07/13 09:51 PM.
henryv Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Maxdmg
Originally Posted by henryv

There is a further problem with this - there are more than 2 gold boost cards (1 turn and 2 turn which have no real difference as both work for one), all of which can be stacked with each other, but there is good news, strategic building is limited at a mere 144units per country per turn and getting them all means a lot of luck or parliaments the latter will mean they are rather weak until they pull it off.

As such I must really recommend that all but maybe 2 of types of gold card be removed or make them based off the base/mine value and not the total value.

Oh and trying to exceed 1000g on a country (8 + mine + cards) will result in a ctd.

It is a bug/exploit then. Yeah, I agree with what you've suggested on the part wherein multiplying it on the base value. Multiplying the gold by the total value seems to destroy the balance of the game.

Also, in addition to what you've said, I would suggest changing the variable where the unit production slots in a country is dependent on. Instead of income, it should have been research but multiplied by X amount for balance.

The reason for my suggestion is that the gold boost function should have only been boosting the gold not units production. Also, there are no cards that could increase research anyways (?).

Last edited by henryv; 07/07/13 12:27 AM.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Issh, Larian_QA, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard