Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#469478 16/07/13 01:25 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello everybody.

Last patch (1.0.128) fixed almost all MP games crashes, but new trouble was encountered. When I try to join some(but not all) lobbies i recieve a "NAT punch-through failed" massage. Also, and it seems strange to me, I sommetimes recieve this message when I create my own lobby and after other players join it.

Maybe somebody knows, is it another one bug, or trouble with connection, router, etc?

P.S. I have already opened ports from this list(https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8571-GLVN-8711&l&l=english) on my router

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yeah I can confirm this, sometimes it happens with me too

!
And there was funny\strange cases happen when I`m hosting the game and begin to set Ai and type of map sometimes I am thrown back to lobby list
and I can see my own name at the lobby but I never could to join it
If I can I upload screen there

Last edited by James 540; 16/07/13 04:04 PM.

Experience is a hard master but a good teacher-Proverb of RPG player (c)
veteran
veteran
I admit that I usually play against the AI, but all the multiplayer games I've tried since 130 have given me "NAT Punch-through Failed"

addict
addict
I tried to join a few games from the lobby just to test for NAT punch through errors. I got a lot of them, only a few successful joins.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
stranger
stranger
I haven't really tried this yet, but I used to get some NAT Punch-through errors in earlier patches. I found that the solution to that would be that both the host and the joining players restart their game and create a new lobby. This has worked several times for me and some friends when we got the error. I am, however, unaware whether this solution still works for the current game version.

journeyman
journeyman
This is unrelated to bug fixing, but before I did actually google what "NAT" was, it's short for "Network access type" - and in some cases with gaming consoles is restrictive to what can be said, done, or played even. Assuming from the "punch through failed" I'm guessing that your network access type is restrictive to dragon commander. In no way am I going to be able to trouble shoot this without googling it so your on your own. :P
However I doubt it's fixable with port forwarding.

Support
Support

Actually, NAT in this case means Network Address Translation (don't think 'type' is a common usage). The 'punch-through' is essentially a way to get two computers that may be behind routers connected to each other without having to manually set up Port forwarding.

NAT punch-through info

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
And what ports need to be opened to play DC without any problems?

Support
Support

I don't know if the game uses any ports other than the standard Steam ones that you already opened. The lobby system is being updated, though, which is expected to be done Friday.

journeyman
journeyman
Well I haven't had any issue at all, I don't play with other people though mostly AI, but I personally haven't had any issue with nat, desyncing, crashing, but I have my computer ported for a minecraft server in the background too, and still don't have an issue, maybe it's router/modem/computer firewall issue then, that's different for every computer/modem/router?

R
stranger
stranger
R
Hello!

I ran into the same issue today. The game was running smoothly yesterday, but when I attempted to connect to my friend's game this evening using the Direct Connect code, I encountered the following error message: "Connecting to NATpunch server failed. Connecting via online wasn't successful either."

I managed to resolve the problem by performing a verification and repair process for the game in GOG. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Select the game in your GOG library.
2. Click on the settings menu at the top (located next to the play button).
3. Choose "Manage installation."
4. Then, select "Verify / Repair."

This should help you get the game back to its working state.

If you purchased the game on Steam, you can try repairing it through the Steam platform.

Moderated by  Issh, Larian_QA, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard