Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Hello every one as some of you might know I'm a big fan of kickstarter and all rpg's I know this is the Larian forum but I simply must tell you all of a little game that I think deserves your attention. Its called Balrum, and it is in the making by a two man team from Hungary, its a rpg with a simple story but quite a lot of substance to it, the game play is meaty made up of crafting, questing, building, fighting and exploring, in short a neat little game that I believe should get funded. Please take a look and if you really like it, tell other people about it to smile
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/balconyteam/balrum

Death and glory!
enthusiast
enthusiast
Oh wow. This is th exact same post I saw 2 minutes ago in the Sui Generis forum.

Look it stands to reason...You can't eat 'cos you don't have a stomach!
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Well I wanted to spread the word about it on different forums smile Im NOT spamming! I just really want people to take notice about this game.

Last edited by Marius Voinescu; 17/07/13 07:36 PM.

Death and glory!
journeyman
journeyman
Too many games like this one these days... It seems heavily combat-oriented, too, like most of these RPGs, which is quite boring imvho.

old hand
old hand
Well... that depends upon the definition of spam. To be honest I think I'm going to wait on that game; it is just one too many. My #1 game for this year is D:OS and I've decided I'm not going to buy any new games until after D:OS ('cept maybe metro light). Heck I don't even have time to play the DC beta this week - why would I be buying more games ?
-
But that is me personally. I'm sure there are others who feel differently and there might even be a few that are glad you mentioned it. Still I'm not convince it is appropriate to spread the word across every other game's forum but this is an interesting topic one could debate for quite some time and I'm sure in the end there would be no conclusive answers just a collection of different opinions ranging from the far left (nay) to the far right (yay).

Originally Posted by Marius Voinescu
Well I wanted to spread the word about it on different forums smile Im NOT spamming! I just really want people to take notice about this game.

journeyman
journeyman
Perhaps there should be a separate thread somewhere for 'other Kickstarter projects you back'? I come across some interesting ones now and again.

addict
addict
Well, I'd say that such a topic doesn't belong in the D:OS section of the forum, rather in the misc section, and regardless of how much attention one wants to draw and of benign intent.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
journeyman
journeyman
Agreed, it belongs in the misc section.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Oh come on guys please help me out here, your more interested about where the thread is rather then what its about!

Death and glory!
I wouldn't get too excited about a 2 man indi team project. Legend of Dawn just came out and is probably one of the worst designed RPGs in history, not to mention buggy.

I'd be more excited about Larian Studios new RPG (Divinity: Origional Sin) (of whos forums you are posting on btw) as they are an actual "team" of developers with experiance and actually like developing these kinds of games.

Only Kickstarter project worth backing. Plus this game is now going to be cram packed with features, you should check out what they are doing with this game.

Last edited by Von_Rotten; 18/07/13 07:40 PM.

I pledged and all I got was this lousy awesome game!
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Dont a pesimist man, this game is preaty nice give them a chance! They may be a small but quite determined.

Last edited by Marius Voinescu; 18/07/13 09:37 PM.

Death and glory!
journeyman
journeyman
Legends of Dawn still got tons of cool things in it. Though I don't understand why they wasted time and money with voice-over, while the release of the game was undoubtedly rushed ; their lack of experience is felt throughout the whole game and a real problem. I guess it's not easy to manage such a project, it's not that bad yet.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Thanks a lot Baalka, please take a look at Balrum and spread the work if you like it smile

Death and glory!
apprentice
apprentice
A few points:

1. If everyone put off topic things like this in the divinity original sin general section, it would be a mess and difficult to find actual discussion of divinity original sin.

2. This forum isn't even that active, you are unlikely to get even 1 or 2 to help.

3. It is against the rules of the forum. We are all guests here, and should respect our host's rules.

Just trying to be helpful, I think maybe you do not understand how the forums work and I am happy to help. Not trying to be a wannabe mod just trying to help you in your quest to spread the word about this game.

veteran
veteran
Marius,

Am I right in assuming the 'two person team' making this game includes you?

If so, would you like some feedback on your Kickstarter?

Please click the banner...
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
No im not in their development team, but ive taken a liking to the project and i want to see it done, thats all! I think its really nice and deserves it

Death and glory!
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Thank you all any feedback is welcome, i realize i should have put the thread else where but i really want to get more support for the game

Death and glory!
veteran
veteran
Not a lot of point in feedback if you aren't associated with the project, Marius, which is why I asked, of course smile

Please click the banner...
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Im just really enthusiastic about this game and I want it to be made, and I want to help them, but i cant do it alone so please help me out smile

Death and glory!

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard