Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Hello!

We're gonna be adding more Raven inhabitants to the DC website over the next couple of days!

Today we introduce Ophelia, Trinculo and Scarlett.

http://www.divinitydragoncommander.com/personalitiesoverview.php

Tweeting @forktong
veteran
veteran
Super, added those to my post on the SA forum.

A couple typos, though.

Ophelia:

"she is determined to find a cure or any sort alternative that may keep her alive"

Either delete 'sort', or add 'of' after 'sort'.

Trinculo:

"If one want to sum up the impish spirit with one word"

should be "wants"

enthusiast
enthusiast
thanks for the update and looking forward to reading about more characters smile

M
addict
addict
M
There is no translation in French for Ophelia, or at least it's not showing smile
Same for Trinculo.
Human General Henry's description is translated, just not his name.
General Scarlett description is not translated either.

But glad for the info \o/

Last edited by melianos; 23/07/13 06:02 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Now, I'm curious w/ Scarlett's secret.

So, skeletons can also get cancer huh.

"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because we are still prisoners of society"
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by melianos
There is no translation in French for Ophelia, or at least it's not showing smile

Oops. Fixed for all languages!

henryv: bone cancer!

Tweeting @forktong
journeyman
journeyman
This is great, can't wait to hear what the Lizard Princess is all about.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Added dwarf princess Aïda, lizard councillor Prospera and general Catherine today: http://www.divinitydragoncommander.com/personalitiesoverview.php

Sorry Fernando frown

Tweeting @forktong
veteran
veteran
Nice!

Although... is it Aida, or Aïda? The website uses 'i', but just now you used 'ï'.

addict
addict
Catherine's description really says nothing about her ability in combat. Rather odd for the description of a general.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
M
addict
addict
M
Double checked, everything is in French now smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by EinTroll
Catherine's description really says nothing about her ability in combat. Rather odd for the description of a general.

Scarlett doesn't have description on her battle abilities other than the "secret" in the description and tomboyish kind of description.

Perhaps Catherine's military description was being the queen? I do agree that it's too vague for both of the characters as compared with edmund and henry.

I like the glasses of the dwarf princess.

Last edited by henryv; 25/07/13 05:05 AM.

"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because we are still prisoners of society"
M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Nice!

Although... is it Aida, or Aïda? The website uses 'i', but just now you used 'ï'.

It's Aida.

The descriptions are meant to give a glimpse of the characters' personal stories by the way, rather than say their strategic value.

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I would in time however like to add their strengths and traits as well though. Good point.

Tweeting @forktong
old hand
old hand
Nice belly button on the elf wink
-
Ok actually the game is really shaping up kind of wish I had more time to dabble in it - seems like a full time job just to keep up with the posts and websites update much less play.

journeyman
journeyman
Huh, had not expected the Lizard Princess to be from an authoritarian background. I guess the Lizards run the gamut from authoritarian,libertarian to liberal. Quite an interesting bunch really, and I am still quite interested in Camilla as my first go to choice for the campaign. I am very happy to see the full roster of characters available for viewing, and I'm all the more eager to get this game smile .

veteran
veteran
I'm a little worried about some of these characters being a little too much like one-dimensional caricatures. Yes, that is intentional, but it might make some of them stray too far so that even players who share similar views to the characters" are turned off by the absurdity and extremism.

I will try and hold off judgement until I play the full game, though. Maybe different sides will show up once I get to know the characters.

It occurs to me now that the earlier updates that suggested that the Lizards were the "Free Market solves everything" Libertarians were wrong. Thinking about it, I think that it's the Dwarves who actually occupy that "free market rules" niche. The Lizards might be more Authoritarian types, most concerned about Order.

The Lizard Princess certainly has a damn fine pair of WMD

journeyman
journeyman
I like the Shakespearean-themed naming of the councillors (particularly Yorrick grin ).

veteran
veteran
I hadn't noticed the Shakespeare theme, aside from Yorrick and Oberon.

I'm not a huge fan of Ophelia's guilt-trip-inducing backstory. It's pretty much saying "Pick someone else and you'll condemn her to death. You jerk."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard