Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Lar_q Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
A small but sweet patch today, as we continue our quest to eliminate all crashes we know off.

Changelist 1.0.164.9727

- Fixed crash in Training Grounds
- Fixed stability problems on strategy maps
- Changed options in MP Advanced options are printed in chat window now for reference
- Changed battle result tool-tip
- Added option to remove FPS cap
- Area effects are removed when restarting a level now
- Tutorials are temporarily reset when entering Training Grounds
- Stability and performance improvements

Have fun!

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
- Added option to remove FPS cap

Hallelujah

apprentice
apprentice
What about the camera pan button? You said there's an option to change that, but I still see nothing!

veteran
veteran
Thanks to the latest twitch TV stream, I noticed a new change (this was at least in the previous build): The Troopers "Spoils of War" skill is now really, really fast to execute. 3 Troopers can convert a building in seconds.

I should see if Aerial mines are fixed in this build.

veteran
veteran
Any news on the "after match stats screen"?

WOOS
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by LordCrash

If you mouse over units I think it shows a few stats. Like "efficiency".

It could still be better obviously but probably considered low priority right now.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by SniperHF

If you mouse over units I think it shows a few stats. Like "efficiency".

It could still be better obviously but probably considered low priority right now.

That's not what I mean..... wink

I mean something like that but with the possiblity to text- and voice chat with your opponent after a skirmish or campaign match: [Linked Image]

Last edited by LordCrash; 30/07/13 11:40 PM.

WOOS
old hand
old hand

That's not what I mean..... wink

THANKS for explaining that rolleyes

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Larian Twitter
Our latest Dragon Commander beta update has our players going religious on us wink

If you really want to see high praise, add a unit tester map to the Tutorial section where you can control BOTH a Zealots base and an Imperials base and test various upgrades and play with the different Dragon types and skills. smile

Players will have a hard time complaining that it's too fast-paced to learn when they're in direct command of both sides. wink

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Upvote for sandbox mode.

veteran
veteran
Is it now possible to choose the starting point of the host on the campaign map??? Or is the host still forced to begin in the left bottom corner?

WOOS
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Bug:
Advanced settings in multiplayer campaign games don't get saved
I had adjusted the recruit costs multiplier to 2x, saved my game and quit.
When I continued playing today, the multiplier was back at 1x.

apprentice
apprentice
Seriously though, what about that camera pan key? I don't know if I'll be able to play this without a way to change it.

journeyman
journeyman
Is it now possible to choose the starting point of the host on the campaign map??? Or is the host still forced to begin in the left bottom corner?

Excellent question.

veteran
veteran
They also need some way to sell or trade in cards.

Reading the skill descriptions closely, it is apparently intentional that Aerial mines do not cloak. Next question: Has anyone actually ever used Aerial Mines? I guess the intended usage is to plant them and run as soon as an imp fighter shows up?

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
I haven't.
Then again I never saw the necessity to do so. I mostly play campaigns against AI, which isn't particularly interested in naval or aerial battle, it seems.
Unless very late in the campaign they rarely use any arial units (zeppelins maybe) and then my ground units and/or dragon was sufficient to keep them in line.

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
Originally Posted by El Zoido
I haven't.
Then again I never saw the necessity to do so. I mostly play campaigns against AI, which isn't particularly interested in naval or aerial battle, it seems.
Unless very late in the campaign they rarely use any arial units (zeppelins maybe) and then my ground units and/or dragon was sufficient to keep them in line.

Really? For some odd reason I always tend to get at least 1 AI that goes crazy with bomber balloons. It will make packs of them and bomb the ever loving hell out of anything that doesn't have AA. Once I cover everything with AA they switch up their builds but I have definitely seen the AI use air forces.

Naval units is what I've seen the AI not use much (they use transports a fair bit but they tend to avoid ironclads and juggs). Then again that one AI in Swens review stream was crazy about keeping a strong naval presence and would have won with a huge jugg fleet if he didn't use sneaky trooper rushes with capturing.

I think that the AI is definitely a fan of land forces but they are the meat-and-potatoes units of the game while naval/air tends to be more auxiliary. That said I have seen them use them so I suppose your experience is abnormal maybe? Or maybe Swen and I get all the luck with the smart combined arms AI smile

veteran
veteran
I tried to take a close look at the radius, by comparing it to the radius of a Zeppelins cloak and a Zeppelin's Range increase. From as close to a top-down view as I could get it, I placed a zeppelin as close to a mine as I could, and scattered units in a radius beneath it. I activated cloak and looked at what units under the mines radius were cloaked.

Aerial mines seem to have a trigger radius of about 500 m. Imp Fighters have a maximum firing range of 875 m, and can fire while moving.

I will TRY using Aerial mines in actual combat situations, but it seems to me that if the balloons drop the mines and run away, the imp fighter(s) can probably shoot the mines down harmlesly, and then go after the balloons, whose mine skill will still be on cooldown.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Originally Posted by Ravenhoff

I think that the AI is definitely a fan of land forces but they are the meat-and-potatoes units of the game while naval/air tends to be more auxiliary. That said I have seen them use them so I suppose your experience is abnormal maybe? Or maybe Swen and I get all the luck with the smart combined arms AI smile

Maybe. Since Bomber Ballons are high up in the research ladder it takes a while until the AI (or myself for that matter) uses them, so you don't tend to see much fighters either (since they don't serve much purpose).
I also restart a campaign when a new patch is out or to test the effect of the different sliders in the advanced settings, so I don't get that much late-game action.
Might also have to do with difficulty? I play mostly on medium, but consider changing it to hard at least for 2vs2, since now that I have some more experience, the medium AI is not as much of a challenge as it used to be, esp. if you have an AI on your side.

veteran
veteran
I tried some island skirmishes when the new maps came out and the AI can indeed use bomber balloons and naval units effectively now. I am racing in a campaign straight for Aerial mines so I can test them out.

Oh yeah, on Little Rivellon: "Wyrmtrhone". I think that should be "Wyrmthrone", to go with the imp country theme naming.

BUG: I just did an autoresolve, and one of my troopers was killed in the calculation, and the trooper's graphic vanished (but I could still mouse over it to see that it was a Trooper).

BUG BUG: Wait, something screwed up. There were two autoresolves in a row for the same battle! A lone trooper killed a Grenadier and the aformentioned vanishing trooper, so I hit "continue", and then there was a second autoresolve - without anything changing - and my dead trooper came back, but I lost my hunter and armour (and Grenadier) to that F&^$ing lone Trooper.

It's possibly related to me alt-tabbing out of the game before hitting continue?

REQUEST: Let us see the upgrades a unit has in the army battle screen. That will influence out decisions, but now all we can see is 1,2,3 stars. well, okay, I guess we can still look it up from the history transcript on the right.

BUG: On Forlorn Lands, the starting bases are on plateaus. The Bomber balloons are dropping their bombs and they're hitting the ground instead of the buildings.

The AI is actually nasty at countering those things.

Last edited by Stabbey; 01/08/13 12:39 PM. Reason: bomber balloons
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Issh, Larian_QA, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard