Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
veteran
veteran
Okay, I had a fight against air units in which I used my mines. I am not impressed with the mines. I think I did occasionally kill an Imp Fighter with them, but the imps tended to just shoot the mines down harmlessly.

It's pretty clear that the mines are visible because they're an anti-Dragon weapon, and people would get annoyed at being killed by invisible mines. Fair enough, but they cost 20 Research points, and have a 22 second cooldown.

I don't think I can do it at this moment, but later, I'll try and find a human to test how well the mines perform in various combat scenarios:

EDIT: I found someone who let me test.

- Do the mines do friendly fire damage (if I deploy them to kill a Dragon at point-blank, will I blow up my own balloons anyway? A: Deploying mines when a Dragon attacked killed the Dragon, and I didn't seem to suffer splash from the mines. I'll have to try this again to be sure, though.
Is there a difference if the Dragon is attacking or is sitting there?
- Will the mines track the Dragon? How far? A: A little ways.
- Will the mines track a Dragon under the effects of Chameleon Hide? A: Didn't test that yet.
- Against Imp Fighters, will the mines be any use if I plant them and retreat away from the Imps? A: Absolutely no use at all.
- What if I move some balloons towards the Imps and plant the mines, so the imps are inside the Trigger radius? A: You need to move the balloons really close to the imps to get them in the trigger radius.

EDIT: More tests are a good idea, but other than working well on the Dragon, Aerial mines do not seem that useful.

If, after the tests, the aerial mines don't seem to perform to the standards of a 20 RP upgrade, what buffs could be given to them?

Maybe one of:
- Cloaking, like the other mines. Effect: Mines will be more effective as a drop and retreat weapon.
- A trigger radius that matches the range of an Imp Fighter. Effect: Balloons no longer have to suicidally move towards Imp Fighters to effectively deploy mines.
- The ability to target ground and sea units. Ground and sea units can already target air mines, so that should be okay. Effect: Greater utility for the air mines.
- A greatly reduced cooldown - like 3-5 seconds. Effect: It will act as an area of denial. the mines will be visible, but with so many more, it will slow the enemy down as they have to clear them or move around them.

Last edited by Stabbey; 01/08/13 05:08 PM. Reason: ran some tests
veteran
veteran
This I'm sure is a first: A Hearsay bug!

I'm watching the re-recording of the match between KennutTy and Swen, and often, KennuTy's screen is covered with blood splashes and red glows - even though he isn't being attacked and his health is not going down. I think maybe Swen's Dragon is taking damage, and the effects are also showing up on KennutTy's screen?

journeyman
journeyman
I just seen the new tournament to get top 3 on the leader board, the prizes look awesome. Unfortuanately I think there still appears to be a lobby issue in multiplayer! Larian said there were over 5000 games going on at one time, I only see about 13 games and most of them are full, and when I start a lobby nobody joins. Is anybody else still having that issue, or what should I do so I can join more games?

Also I don't see anybody on the leader board! only person I see is Octaff when I click "top player."

Support
Support

Currently I see 20 lobbies for multi-player, and there are 6 people listed in the Skirmish leaderboards and 3 in Campaign.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Issh, Larian_QA, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard