Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
journeyman
journeyman
Post deleted due to irelevant infomation!

Last edited by Marius Voinescu; 06/07/13 11:19 AM.

Death and glory!
I don't mind, and I'm not attack you smile

Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Good~ ^_-

S
stranger
stranger
S
I see nothing wrong with providing an option to play as a heterosexual female.

Here's a video that talks exactly about the issue that the OP brought up:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/7044-The-Creepy-Cull-of-Female-Protagonists

Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
woah, Starker I had never seen this video. Thank you!! am glad someone is pointing all that out! most of us want to express most of that, but lack the ability too! again great vid thankies!

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Starker
I see nothing wrong with providing an option to play as a heterosexual female.

Here's a video that talks exactly about the issue that the OP brought up:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/7044-The-Creepy-Cull-of-Female-Protagonists

Ok so i watched the trailer and I very much agree with the ideas in it, female characters are not given the place they deserve but rather a antiquated suppressed version of what male ruled society wants them to be, and whether we admit it or not even in the real world its still pretty much the same. Women still have only half as much power as men do. At least IM sure Larian is fair in this area wink and personally id love to hear more girls opinions on this so we can change the general perception and then shatter it to tiny pieces!

Last edited by Marius Voinescu; 08/07/13 08:35 PM.

Death and glory!
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Marius Voinescu
[...] so we can change the general perception and then shatter it to tiny pieces!

So... you want to change the general perception from state A to state B only so you can "shatter" state B... into chaos? (state C)

I'm not really sure Larian even needed to be reminded that women exist. I say this because I think that is enough to be sure that they will treat both genders with fairly equal opportunities.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
The only option should be dominant lesbian role OP, sorry. Cause it's more fun..

:P

Last edited by slimgrin; 09/07/13 02:30 AM.
Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by slimgrin
The only option should be dominant lesbian role OP, sorry. Cause it's more fun..

More fun for a male, yes because most men live in this fantasy world where every single female gamer is some hard ass lesbian. Hate to break the bad news, but my friends and I..none of them play hard type characters...we all create cute characters and usually all play supports...Most of the female gamers I know, wish there were options for a gentler female lead.

changed it to most men, instead of all since there has some guys on here who thankfully understand what female gamers want.

Edited again to clarify something, I am not anti gay/lesbian. I support both choices. I simply just wish to see more options in video games for a larger audience.

Last edited by Ellary; 09/07/13 05:35 AM.
*burns a Barbie and a He-Man doll and prays to the gods to smite the demons of commerce*

Ideals are like stars. We might never reach them. But we can set our course by them.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Bearhug
He-Man doll

Action figure!

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Ellary
Hate to break the bad news, but my friends and I..none of them play hard type characters...we all create cute characters and usually all play supports...Most of the female gamers I know, wish there were options for a gentler female lead.

In my case, just more female protagonists would be nice: I'll play as a chap if the story really warrants it (e.g. The Witcher) but it's quite irritating if there's no good reason to not be offered the choice of a male or female character.

As far as the hard-arse variety are concerned, as much as I liked Mass Effect, I did find that Shepard was a bit too shouty to really represent "me".

And I'm afraid to say that my RL shoe obsession tends to spill over into games, too!

J'aime le fromage.
A
stranger
stranger
A
I know I'm a few weeks late on my post, but I concur completely. A lot of females in video games tend to be this masculine characters with little in the way of feminine quality. It would be nice to have a gentler, sweeter character who's less of a hard ass. Not every hero has to be a commander of an army or give harsh orders, especially female heroines. Less bouncy bosoms and half-naked warriors who cut up their enemies into tiny pieces, and more darling heroines (like a tender-hearted female Priestess, for instance) would be far more interesting to me. I plan to have a hardened male warrior and kind female heroine on my first playthrough. =)

addict
addict
Because murder of many living beings keeps a person kind and gentle...

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
A
stranger
stranger
A
No, of course not. One would undoubtedly change emotionally over such a trial. But I have no doubt that a female Priestess could remain good and kind throughout the ordeal. Murder is a sin, but is killing vile beasts and villains a sin? *Shrugs* Besides, I would have my warrior do the majority of the killing and my Priestess most of the healing and support spells.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ellary
[quote=slimgrin]
Edited again to clarify something, I am not anti gay/lesbian. I support both choices. I simply just wish to see more options in video games for a larger audience.

I can only support that wish. smile

WOOS
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Vometia
As far as the hard-arse variety are concerned, as much as I liked Mass Effect, I did find that Shepard was a bit too shouty to really represent "me".

I noticed this real quick. Male is macho...female is butchish.

Last edited by theNILE; 04/08/13 12:26 AM.
R
apprentice
apprentice
R
Originally Posted by theNILE
Originally Posted by Vometia

I noticed this real quick. Male is macho...female is butchish.

I'm willing to argue that male or female shepard is just a stereotype military solider. Which to be fair is what she is. And the stereotype for that is a loud, shouty, tough person. That a female can't be this way without being considered butchish is a bit sexist in and of itself I feel.

I don't mind my character being male or female if that is what the story calls for. The Witcher and Primal being examples of this. If the game is going to let me customize or create a character then I feel I should be able to choose either gender. And that both gender should be treated equally. Though I'll choose female almost 90% if given the option.

Last edited by Ragnin; 05/08/13 05:00 AM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
I do believe that if the story/setting calls for it, male and female characters should be treated differently, for why not? Men and women are treated differently in real life, so what's the issue in a video game? Men and women are vastly different from on another. Though we are equal in rights, we are not equal in mind, body, and spirit. I find it a wee bit silly that women are considered equals in many medieval/fantasy games, but it pleases the customers, so that is why it is done.

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
By equal I meant they have access to the same amount as a male character does. If the guy can go flirt it up and romance 4 different party members I would like the female to be able to have the same amount of effort put into her dialogue and romances. NPC are free to respond to gender as whatever fits for the game. In fact if the game has a female repressed society, then having many npc's offended over a female warrior and respond poorly to her is a nice touch. I just want as much attention to be paid to female characters and their choices and conversations as are given to male ones.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard