G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Let the real waiting begin haha

stranger
stranger
Speaking of waiting anyone notice that, on the steam version at least, it wont be available till 7pm BST/GMT, 2pm EST and 11am PST?
And hey i got a friend who wont have access to it till 2am on the Wednesday. Gotta love those universal steam releases xD

Reminds me of Skyrim release, i got access to it couple hours before my American counterparts cause it did a rolling release on midnight. Anyways already been waiting Several months for the game, whats another half a day or so?

A
stranger
stranger
A
Nooooooooo! I was hoping I could play it at midnight! Blast and damnation! Eastern time ftl. :[

stranger
stranger
Welcome to Valve Time. frown

journeyman
journeyman
Just a question ... I thought I read that "steam version" was given WITH the Vault version BUT I didn't see any confirmation of this ...

As I want to install it on another computer, without internet access, (and wanting to download it only once), I wonder : What should I do ? Larian Vault OR Steam ?

I hope the answer is "we have both" ... Any confirmation dear Larian ?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Grinsevent
Just a question ... I thought I read that "steam version" was given WITH the Vault version BUT I didn't see any confirmation of this ...

As I want to install it on another computer, without internet access, (and wanting to download it only once), I wonder : What should I do ? Larian Vault OR Steam ?

I hope the answer is "we have both" ... Any confirmation dear Larian ?

I would take the Vault or GOG version in your position. wink

I know at least that you can take the gog installer, copy it to another PC and install the game without internet connection on the second PC. wink

WOOS
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Alexhandr
Nooooooooo! I was hoping I could play it at midnight! Blast and damnation! Eastern time ftl. :[

i knoew that feeling. I only noticed the timing of release cause of my desire to play it later tonight at midnight xD

stranger
stranger
I knew it released tomorrow but at what time exactly?

Though there be no squids to slay, my spear will taste blood today
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Cktulica
I knew it released tomorrow but at what time exactly?

Depends on your time zone.
7pm UTC/BST (Bristish summer time)
8pm CET (Central Europe)
2pm EST (East Coast America)
11am PST (West Coast America)

so later in the day depending on where you are from. Makes me wonder where Valve base their release dates on cause i mean there is no where that is UTC - 19 (where it would be midnight based on release time) unless i missed a geography class... witch i did... often xD i'm not good a geography... im sorry T_T

if you give me your timezone i can tell you straight up, unless you already got it above.

Last edited by Zeran147; 05/08/13 06:59 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Its released at 9am CET, so that's 8am GMT.

I'm also known as Tovarah.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Inanna
Its released at 9am CET, so that's 8am GMT.

Yeah my bad, Just checked the steam page and they knocked a half a day off, and hour ago its was 23 hours till release.

Last edited by Zeran147; 05/08/13 07:02 PM.
old hand
old hand
yea; all the times are the same but alas different people in different part of the world treat the time differently (which makes sense but ...)

stranger
stranger
Valve runs on Pacific Time. They've always treated 11 AM Pacific as the start of a new day--that's when Steam sales turn over, when daily deals switch, when new games get added to the market, et cetera.

That's 'Valve Time', 11 AM PST.

stranger
stranger
The closer it gets to midnight the less and less i am beginning to respect the Absolute Universal release rather then the rolling midnight release T_T

Last edited by Zeran147; 05/08/13 08:55 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I've preloaded smile

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Zeran147
The closer it gets to midnight the less and less i am beginning to respect the Absolute Universal release rather then the rolling midnight release T_T
I

think your wrong in your predictions on the release time. I live in EST and its more like 4 am in the morning according to Steam's stated approximate release time.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Release the dragon, please.

Support
Support

Another 4.5 hours...

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Magus65
Originally Posted by Zeran147
I

think your wrong in your predictions on the release time. I live in EST and its more like 4 am in the morning according to Steam's stated approximate release time.

in regards to the post you quoted, that may be my horrible sentence structure causing you to mis-interrupt what i put. What i ment was, as it gets closer to midnight local time (Irish standard time, or GMT with witch you are probably more familiar), i was beginning to think that a universal launch based of midnight PST (around 3am EST) was not so fun as a rolling launch for individual time zones. That meaning each time zone would get it at midnight local time, theoretically releases the game 24 times across the time zones.

Now if you are referring to my earlier posts, that was a combo of both my lazies to check on updates and steam incorrectly labeling the launch time about 12 hours after its actual launch when i initially checked. They did later address this and change the time of release on their store page to its accurate time but as i said before i was also at fault for not double checking and making sure i got my facts straight before providing people with false information unintentionally.

Apologies for any confusion i may have caused.

Originally Posted by Raze

Another 4.5 hours...

Its to long T_T i feel like a kid at Christmas.... i always get to excited for stuff i consider big releases.

stranger
stranger
soon...

Though there be no squids to slay, my spear will taste blood today
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Issh, Larian_QA, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard