Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Stymy Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I've just finished downloading DC from GOG, but I get a hard crash every time I click on training grounds under tutorial, or start under single player->story campaign. Changing graphics setting around didn't fix this, already running as admin (in Windows 7, fully patched), and using imperial version or not didn't change anything. I've run the support tool and all the checks come up fine, and I've emailed support, but I figured someone here might know a fix.

S
Stymy Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I've tried a few more things, and it seems clicking to start anything that might start a game of any type causes a hard crash.

D
stranger
stranger
D
I am having the same issue, please help us out here Larian, I cannot seem to get the game to do anything except crash when I try to actually play the game, the tutorial videos loaded just fine, but when I try to play it fails. I know my copy works fine because I installed it on a friend's computer and it worked fine on his, but we can't seem to get it to work on mine. I am running a Windows 7 home gaming laptop with an i7 core, Nvidia GTX 560M and 12gb of memory, somehow a bit over the specs required I believe, so I'm not sure what is causing the crash. I have the gog version of the game as well.

journeyman
journeyman
Hi, as it's a laptop, with a Nvidia graphic card, try to force it to be used with your graphic card. I had the same issue, but :

Go in your steam folder, like .../Steam/SteamApps/common/DragonCommander/Shipping

Then, right click on DCApp and modify the default graphic card used to "High performance Nvidia" and... It works...

I still have problems when I launch through Steam .

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard