Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
"We've noticed there's some confusion about the Steam version of the game versus the other versions like the one that'll be distributed through gog.com or the vault.

The short of it is that all versions all equal and all versions are compatible with one another.

You do need a Steam account if you want to take advantage of all of the Steamworks features that are integrated into the game.

If you don't have a Steam account, then you can still play online or in a LAN, but you won't be able to use the Steamworks features. In that case the Steamworks part of the game will become grayed out.

All versions are DRM free btw but feature a secret surprise for pirates.

Hope that clears it up."

Does this mean that if I bought the game on GoG and have a steam account there is a way for me to transfer the game to my steam library and use the steamworks? If yes what is the procedure needed to do so please?

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Another reason I am asking this is because the game obviously needs a lot of patching ( I have it installed and can't even play due to crash on story campaign launch) but the GoG patching is not an automated process like it is on steam, I bought the game thinking I would get a finished product but it seems there are some works to be done on it still, which can be understandable.

So if I could come back from work and have a game patched automatically I would greatly appreciate it intead of having to go through the whole GoG download thing.

Last edited by arkanmizard; 06/08/13 08:30 PM.
Support
Support

There is no way to register the GOG version on Steam.

If the game is crashing during the opening cutscene, try lowering your graphics settings to medium until you get past there.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard