Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
X
Xelrah Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
X
Imo it's good, but not exactly all of it falls under my preference unfortunately and in general I think D2 and DD themes were much more memorable (oh why we couldn't have new version of "fly, dragon, fly" while in dragon form?). Still, one good piece of a soundtrack.
The royal chamber and soaring high are my favs atm.

How do you feel about latest work of Kirill?

G
stranger
stranger
G
I don't often actively listen to a games soundtrack, here I did. I think it's great, pretty daring, with all the different styles and instrumentations, but it works great. Especially enjoed the piano pieces. Excellent work by Kirill.

stranger
stranger
Music in earlier beta was little different. A little slower. It was excellent.
Soundtrack in the release version little faster. And in beta (if I remember correctly) were other songs, which are not included in release version.

it is very disappointed me.
I want to have all of the old version soundtrack.((

enthusiast
enthusiast
I thought it was pretty good

G
stranger
stranger
G
BTW, the imperial edition has the digital soundtrack, but they are a format I don't know (and neither does my computer) .flac Any pointers how to play or convert that?

veteran
veteran
Get Audacity, it's free and can convert that to MP3.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Ah, I actually have Audacity. Thanks.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Yeah, I wonder what happened to the beta soundtrack. The new songs are just as awesome, but why not have both? I loved the original ones too, sounded a bit like Two Steps From Hell at times.

addict
addict
The beta contained some non-Kirill works that had been in there as placeholders that had to be removed.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
enthusiast
enthusiast
ah good to know

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by EinTroll
The beta contained some non-Kirill works that had been in there as placeholders that had to be removed.

Thats ok.
But how about pace of Kirill's music?

Last edited by BigBadBrother; 09/08/13 05:05 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
The only track the is noticeably faster than before is "Dragon Armies March" (at least for me, are there other songs that are faster now?)

Actually, the slower version of "Dragon Armies March" is still in the gamefiles (plus 12 other songs that are not on the soundtrack), but I don't think I can go into any details on how to find and convert them. I don't want any trouble on the official forums wink

On Topic: I loved the music of the Divinity games ever since Divine Divinity (didn't know about Kirill back then). Dracon Commanders soundtrack is slightly different compared to the previous games but it totally fits. A little more electronics here and there goes perfectly with the more technology based theme of the game.
Still epic and awesome, just like always smile

Last edited by Larzare; 09/08/13 05:23 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
One word: Brilliant.

WoOS
Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
Originally Posted by GhanBuriGhan
BTW, the imperial edition has the digital soundtrack, but they are a format I don't know (and neither does my computer) .flac Any pointers how to play or convert that?

Download Foobar2000 from https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4363931/foobar2000.zip or the official site, it's a music player that can play pretty much anything (even lossless-codecs like FLAC, as you can see), and can also tag songs easily.

I love looping "Watching the Clouds", by the way.

Last edited by Zhuinden; 09/08/13 10:14 AM.
addict
addict
The soundtrack is quite awesome, that much is certain for me.

But I do have one gripe and that is as follows:

So I have the Imperial Edition, and I have the soundtrack folder with songs they picked from the game. But why can't I have all the songs? There are at least 2-3 songs that I hear in-game that are NOT in that folder that I really want to be able to listen to outside of the game, as I'll want to listen to those songs for years, far more than the game's lifespan for me.
It's a gripe I have with the method of releasing soundtracks most widely used. I can understand limiting them for CDs/DVDs, but for digital downloads? Free or paid, same thing.
So why? Why hold back from releasing the full soundtrack?

Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
Originally Posted by EinTroll
The soundtrack is quite awesome, that much is certain for me.

But I do have one gripe and that is as follows:

So I have the Imperial Edition, and I have the soundtrack folder with songs they picked from the game. But why can't I have all the songs? There are at least 2-3 songs that I hear in-game that are NOT in that folder that I really want to be able to listen to outside of the game, as I'll want to listen to those songs for years, far more than the game's lifespan for me.
It's a gripe I have with the method of releasing soundtracks most widely used. I can understand limiting them for CDs/DVDs, but for digital downloads? Free or paid, same thing.
So why? Why hold back from releasing the full soundtrack?

Which songs? As in, where do they play? Worst case scenario, I can rip them out manually, if there's no talk on them.

Last edited by Zhuinden; 09/08/13 04:22 PM.
addict
addict
I can't exactly describe how they sound, I don't have a name for them, some are RTS songs, some are non-RTS songs and they're not part of the released soundtrack.

But seriously, I want it all, so I can pick the ones I like most myself.

X
Xelrah Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
X
Someone is already ripping sound files out of the game by the looks. Just search for Kirill Pokrovsky on youtube with today as filter. I won't link stuff here because I guess Larian and Kirill would not be so happy about that.

stranger
stranger
I love it and I think that this is Kirill's masterpiece. Really fresh, original music, and very memorable.

K
stranger
stranger
K
how do you access the soundtrack ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard