Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
watser #470885 03/08/13 02:14 PM
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Originally Posted by watser
Someone is being a wee bit too serious here

Just a bit? This dude goes off on a rant over an issue so innocuous as to barely be worth mentioning. Apparently it foreshadows horrible things to come...

Some people have a great knack for making mountains out of molehills. Never understood it. Get a life and worry about things worth worrying about.

Dundalis #470923 04/08/13 03:27 AM
Sometimes I don't agree with the way the staff interacts with the community. I chose this trivial case cause no political/gender issue is in the way which made the exchange quick.

My last post to Raze was supposed to end it (he no longer replied which to me is okay). Who's causing a ruckus out of a settled issue now? TBH the whole community can come down on me and it's okay lol, it was meant for Raze and not the community.

J747L #470924 04/08/13 04:03 AM
Support
Support

FWIW I joined the Larian forum shortly after the original release of Divine Divinity in 2002, and the way I interact with the community has not changed due to Larian hiring me at the beginning of last year. I've never claimed to speak for Larian, and I have tried to be clear when I am stating my own opinion or speculation, etc.

Aren't you ignoring your own advice about ignoring a challenge to your post? If you didn't want others to get involved you could have PMed or emailed me.

Anyway, to be slightly on topic, since the Larian Vault will be updated on Monday to allow people with Dragon Commander in their tier, or as an add-on, to choose the distribution platform (Vault, GOG or Steam) there will presumably be a kickstarter update about that. In that case, and update about when we should start getting updates about D:OS would be in order.

Raze #470925 04/08/13 04:39 AM
message pm'ed instead

Last edited by J747L; 04/08/13 04:48 AM.
meme #471305 06/08/13 12:02 PM
stranger
stranger
Hopefully now Dragon Commander has been launched, we should see some updates at some point in the not too distant future, I'm really excited to see how far they've got in the last couple of months smile

Velerak #471324 06/08/13 12:44 PM
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Velerak
Hopefully now Dragon Commander has been launched, we should see some updates at some point in the not too distant future, I'm really excited to see how far they've got in the last couple of months smile

Me too: hopefully they will show us how the implementation of the stretch goals features is progressing. The "basic" game was already in a pretty decent state, judging from the various preview during the KS campaign (especially the Total Biscuit one).

Luca78 #471376 06/08/13 03:25 PM
apprentice
apprentice
UPDATE! UPDATE! smile

Elenoe #471387 06/08/13 03:59 PM
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
And finally did an update come. Each update almost always equals to distracting the devs from the actual development, so, I guess I'm happy with occasional updates. Anyway, good luck on your development.

Dasyure #471402 06/08/13 04:23 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
next objective: comments 666666

"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because we are still prisoners of society"
henryv #471418 06/08/13 05:24 PM
stranger
stranger
w00t! Didn't expect an update so soon after the release of DC. Love the attention to the details smile

Luca78 #471508 06/08/13 11:53 PM
apprentice
apprentice
Having followed the Kickstarter from the start I've gone from not really knowing who Larian were to absolutely loving them. They seem to really care about their fans and have an awesome sense of humour that they convey in their updates and videos. Keep up the great work guys!

Jenga #471878 08/08/13 01:04 PM
addict
addict
I really like the last update, the phantom lair sounds really really promising !!

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
meme #471884 08/08/13 01:11 PM
journeyman
journeyman
... We got one ...

(on Kickstarter)

And ... Buy Dragon commander ^^

meme #472130 09/08/13 01:13 PM
apprentice
apprentice
And we got an update smile

The whole "the Original Sin kickstarter has completed, now we focus completely on Dragon Commander" thing was weird, but it seems Dragon Commander is a success, so this should give them extra financial breathing room. That's a good thing for D:OS, no? smile

FWIW I joined the Larian forum shortly after the original release of Divine Divinity in 2002, and the way I interact with the community has not changed due to Larian hiring me at the beginning of last year. I've never claimed to speak for Larian, and I have tried to be clear when I am stating my own opinion or speculation, etc.

I don't visit this place nearly enough to know who you are, but being able to have an equal level discussion with the crew is one of the lovely perks of a small forum community. Keep it that way as long as possible smile

And ... Buy Dragon commander ^^

Tried the beta, and I'm torn between loving boardgames, wanting to kick ass with dragons and being absolutely worthless in realtime strategy.

Last edited by boe2; 09/08/13 01:18 PM.
J747L #473178 16/08/13 10:39 PM
R
stranger
stranger
R
As a mere user, I am embarrassed for you.

As a moderator you can conduct your business how you see fit, but to dress down someone else publicly in a thread is not only off-topic but unprofessional.

Even more so when you are obviously taking out your emotional frustrations on another person in a public thread.

I highly recommend that in the future if you feel the need to dress someone down, that you take do so privately.

Raworahi #473185 17/08/13 12:55 AM
Support
Support

I didn't dress down anyone. 4verse was not serious using the "Screenshot or it never happened" phrase, and I responded in the same tone. J747L interpreted both 4verse's post and my reply differently than I, and I tried to explain that difference, which was resolved via PM. J747L certainly had a point about being professional, but if that was carried to the point of only giving neutral, functionary responses, if at all, I probably wouldn't have stuck around Larian's old forum after I finished playing the original release of Divine Divinity.

Was that some kind of a test, or do you not see the conflict in publicly criticizing someone for a perceived public criticism, and advising it be done privately, which you didn't do yourself?

Raze #473192 17/08/13 04:24 AM
I want to confirm that the pm exchange between me and Raze was resolved. Moreover, it went smoothly and was over quickly. I have a rather thick hide which makes me a bit reckless where others would try to avoid the wrath of a beehive.

Last edited by J747L; 17/08/13 04:27 AM.
Raworahi #473197 17/08/13 07:34 AM
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Originally Posted by Raworahi
As a mere user, I am embarrassed for you.

As a moderator you can conduct your business how you see fit, but to dress down someone else publicly in a thread is not only off-topic but unprofessional.

Even more so when you are obviously taking out your emotional frustrations on another person in a public thread.

I highly recommend that in the future if you feel the need to dress someone down, that you take do so privately.

Someone signs up just in order to post this one post. Yeah that's not suspicious.

Some serious trolling going on here.

As for the actual thread, I won't get DC, just because I've never had any interest in RTS. Warily looking forward to Original Sin. I still would rather they had continued in the vein of DKS with improvements of course. Hopefully in future they go back down that path.

Raze #473202 17/08/13 10:34 AM
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Raze

I didn't dress down anyone. 4verse was not serious using the "Screenshot or it never happened" phrase, and I responded in the same tone. J747L interpreted both 4verse's post and my reply differently than I, and I tried to explain that difference, which was resolved via PM. J747L certainly had a point about being professional, but if that was carried to the point of only giving neutral, functionary responses, if at all, I probably wouldn't have stuck around Larian's old forum after I finished playing the original release of Divine Divinity.

Was that some kind of a test, or do you not see the conflict in publicly criticizing someone for a perceived public criticism, and advising it be done privately, which you didn't do yourself?

Ignore the trolls Raze, that account was created just to post that message. If they keep baiting you just play this song in your head instead of the shhhere untruths that they spout? hehe

Trololol guy

Velerak #473204 17/08/13 11:43 AM
veteran
veteran
[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard