stranger
From KS page.

"ALPHA version access is expected Summer 2013."

Any news on this front?

Thanks,
Zep--

veteran
veteran
I HIGHLY doubt that, summer ends this month, technically.
More than that, I'm pretty sure original release date will be pushed forward as well.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Kein
More than that, I'm pretty sure original release date will be pushed forward as well.

this makes me very very sad ._.

Support
Support

Well, we'll find out when the activity around the Dragon Commander release calms down and there is an update, or somebody at the fanday on Friday manages to get an answer directly.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Kein

Consider that they were intending to give alpha players that first map with the beach, which was closest to completion. 21st of September is still Summer, right? It wouldn't be impossible...

Also are you just guessing the original release date will be pushed? Countless of people have been spreading that based on virtually nothing. I've even seen people talking about 2015 dates which absolutely baffles me. Early early 2014 I can get though...

Look it stands to reason...You can't eat 'cos you don't have a stomach!
veteran
veteran
2015 seems rather weird date to assume.
Original -- planned -- release date was "October of 2013", but for public November was mentioned as back-up/fail-safe date (+1 month just in case).
So far, every more or less complex KS project was delayed, even these who claim they weren't (like Giana Sister, etc) + we know that DC was delayed for month which already extends planned studio's schedule.

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
I'm expecting late august but won't be surprised if delayed. I mean, it is an alpha. A bug ridden unpolished alpha filled with crashes and glitches and broken abilities.

stranger
stranger
Every KickStarter I've backed has been late. One is over a year and three months late now. It is easy to see why. Especially if they take in a lot more money than they originally asked for since stretch goals all add to the workload of the project. You could argue that the studio should have taken all of that into consideration when they planned their KickStarter campaign but then I'd argue that more people should be more considerate and forgiving of others.

That said I think an alpha release is still possible depending on their intend. If they want the alpha release to be at a much higher level of polish then they may hold it back.

Anyone who has tested beta or alpha before knows the game will be in a rough state. Hell, I'd be happy even if it contained placeholder art and levels in the later stages of the game. I'm just wanting them to take the time to make this their best game to date.

So yeah, the release date will be pushed back is my guess. And I am fine with that...

journeyman
journeyman
I personally want the alpha to get my hands on the juicy tool kit ^^ I will most likely play a few hours of D : OS then stop to not spoil myself to much (since my main playthrough will be with a friend) and get to learn the tool kit ^^

apprentice
apprentice
I believe they will manage it. Most "delays" are caused by low experience and bad forsight of unseen smile Larian may get money from KS (not sure why) but they are also experienced enough by now to make valid estimates.

As I see it the only reason for delay would be some wild new idea worth postponing (and it's less then 15%) or some fatal dissaster.

Also, many people "played" it. So it is not matter of "if they can make an alpha" but "what can they include into alpha". Otherwise it is "ready" now.

Support
Support
Originally Posted by Regnox
I personally want the alpha to get my hands on the juicy tool kit ^^

Unfortunately, the editor will only be released with the final game. Larian was originally thinking it might be in the alpha, or probably the beta, but that was changed, presumably due to the extra worked added by all the stretch goals.

Originally Posted by Elenoe
Larian may get money from KS (not sure why)

To add more stuff. See the Why Come to Kickstarter section of the D:OS kickstarter page, as well as the list of stretch goals.

journeyman
journeyman
ahhhh well that's really sad to hear.. Really wanted to train before the game is officially released )= oh well... I'll wait then ^^

Last edited by Regnox; 09/08/13 08:00 PM.
Was alpha access only for certain tiers?

And are they skipping the beta? Game looks like it's pretty close to beta stage already, at least certain stages of it.

journeyman
journeyman
yup only for pretty high tiers.
as for the beta.. I don't know... but I doubt it

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Arsene Lupin
Was alpha access only for certain tiers?

And are they skipping the beta? Game looks like it's pretty close to beta stage already, at least certain stages of it.

Yes and no. wink

WOOS
Support
Support

Certain tiers, or as an add-on.

addict
addict
Do you think that they will allow us to buy a beta access? And the weresheep Tshirt? ^^ regarding that the beta should be release after september I will finally have time to test it !!

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
Support
Support

Both alpha/beta access and t-shirts were mentioned as hypothetical additions to the Larian Vault during the kickstarter, but nothing has been confirmed.

addict
addict
Raze, father of hope !! And keeper of Larian's wisdom, I really like you laugh

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
journeyman
journeyman
From the fanday: yes, it's still the plan to release the alpha this summer (technically summer lasts until September 21st). It might be a tweaked build they have used during the kickstarter campaign or a different build. Nothing is set in stone. The month delay on the release of Dragon Commander has put a setback on DOS, but their attention is now completely on DOS. So expect to hear an update soon.

Also, the game is still to be released this winter. Originally in November, but as Dragon Commander was late add a month to that for the earliest release date, so December 2013.

The game is from a technical point a view completely done. It only needs content and still lots of it. So there will certainly be a beta before the release too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard