Next Thread
Print Thread
#472803 13/08/13 10:46 AM
Lar_q Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Hello everybody,

The following changes are now live on Steam. We are propagating the changes to the other digital platforms, so expect them to be there hopefully by tomorrow.

- custom campaign now has advanced game options
- custom campaign on Planet Earth should no longer crash
- custom campaign strategy maps are different from multiplayer maps on the same level (neutral units)
- custom campaign savegames fixed
- saving & loading of advanced game options fixed in custom campaign
- "it's impossible commander" audio spam and related FPS drop fixed
- UPNP fix should stop people from getting stuck on black screen when clicking multiplayer
- Fix for difficulty level not being taken correctly from game options without restarting game or loading savegame

The roll out of this update was slowed down because of the farfetching impact of a new feature we added that lets you change the game rules in the custom story campaign. This caused some complications but they are now fixed. By playing with these options you can literally turn Dragon Commander into a another game and we encourage you to experiment with all the settings. Also, let us know which ones you prefer. If enough of you concur on specific settings, we might turn them into a game mode.

It's worth pointing out that the story situations you encounter in this mode are completely randomized and are drawn from a larger pool of situations, We've also added different scenarios for you to play on. It's the perfect way to explore different choices and experience their consequences. In custom story campaign mode you can immediately select which princess you marry first, skipping the beginning of the game.

We are currently working on a larger update which contains a number of other improvements and also further boosts the AI's, taking into account the suggestions you've been making. We expect this update to be out in the not to distant future i.e. it's actually ready but we still need to test it.

If you are interested in helping us out with testing the updates, please send a mail to supportdc@larian.com with "DragonTester" in the subject line. We'll then send you a code with which you can access the beta updates once they are available. Please note that you can only test these updates via Steam i.e. you need to have the game in your Steam library to access the beta updates i.e. if you don't have Dragon Commander in your Steam library (purchased), you won't be able to try out the beta updates though you will get them once they go live.

Have fun!

Lar_q #472815 13/08/13 11:45 AM
veteran
veteran
Awesome, thanks. It makes a HUGE difference to the gameplay and how important your starting units are if you increase the recruit cost of units.

It's probably not going to happen, and I don't know if enough people are interested to make it worthwhile, but I wonder if it would be possible to add an custom difficulty setting to the 3-Chapter Story campaign that includes a subset of the advanced options. Not everything, only the Recruit cost multiplier, Starting Recruits, Dragon Spawn Cost, Recruit Rate quantity.

It would really make having the right unit mix important if you couldn't just save the day with the Dragon. The war would go back and forth more, and it would be easier for people to micro because there would be fewer units. I think adding that option in would reduce some of the complaints about "you can just spam blobs to win" and "The Dragon will beat odds no matter how poor", or at least give those people someting different to complain about. wink

I'm definitely looking forward to improved AI and different scenarios.

Right now I'm trying out "Recruit Cost multiplier" of 2X and "Starting Recruits" of 70 - which gives you just enough to let you build one Battle Forge and one Recruitment Citadel before having to rely on a slow trickle of income.

Last edited by Stabbey; 13/08/13 02:06 PM. Reason: elaboration
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
I had tried that in the beta and found it quite good, if a little bit on the easy side, since it was much easier for me to handle the RTS with fewer units around.

OTOH, the release AI seems much better at using abilities than the beta AI (darn warlocks and their Rain of Death), so it might not be as much of an issue.

Lar_q #472830 13/08/13 01:18 PM
K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Lar_q

- "it's impossible commander" audio spam and related FPS drop fixed

Wasn't it: "That's impossible, commander"? wink Either way, THANK YOU!

stranger
stranger
Still no fix for dual core CPU issue? =(

stranger
stranger
Arrggh.. Still crash before starting RTS combat on Earth map. Maybe i should start new game?

old hand
old hand
Patch is now also available on Larianvault. Gamersgate and GOG have received the files and will provide them asap.

Astreas: the fix is done, but is quite intrusive, so it requires more testing before it becomes part of a worlwide live patch.

Tweeting @forktong
apprentice
apprentice
I seem to have run into a small bug with this new patch.

I went to the custom campaign options to see what's new and then returned to my normal campaign which was in progress. During the next turn I notice all the rulers from that custom campaign, which I haven't even started, use cards on my enemy.

Has Bellegar been up to his mischievous hocus pocus again?

stranger
stranger
Is this fix present at Steam DC Beta now for testing?

Last edited by Astreas; 13/08/13 02:34 PM.
J
journeyman
journeyman
J
Thanks foe the update lar q its nice when devs listen and support the fans you should do a challenge the team evening sometime for mp smile again awesome game

B
B
I'm mostly glad the 'That's impossible, commander!' bug is gone. It was pretty annoying.

Lar_q #472915 13/08/13 09:02 PM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Lar_q
Hello everybody,

If you are interested in helping us out with testing the updates, please send a mail to supportdc@larian.com with "DragonTester" in the subject line. We'll then send you a code with which you can access the beta updates once they are available. [/i]

Have fun!

If we already have the old beta client do we still need to send that e-mail? Or is this a whole new thing?

Support
Support

This is for a beta branch of the full game, rather than the original beta, so send the email.

Raze #472944 14/08/13 06:35 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
thanks for the updates smile

Moderated by  ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard