Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Known issues:

1) Issue: The game does not start up:

Solution A: Start up the game in windowed mode.

download this file:
http://bit.ly/184FHUJ

And place it in ..\Documents\Larian Studios\Dragon Commander\
If these folders do not exist, create them manually.

You can now start the game and set it to the windowed resolution of your choice.

Solution B: delete all files in ..\Documents\Larian Studios\Dragon Commander\
This will reset all config and graphics options to default.

Solution C: : disable windows firewall or 3rd party firewall
Symptoms reported when the firewall turned out to be the problem were the game freezing when trying to load or just getting a black screen with the game cursor, but not showing the logo and getting to the main menu.

Solution D:
reinstall the game on a different drive (preferably not an external drive) or follow the steps here to clear your steam appcache.

----------------------------------------------

2) When going to combat, the game crashes

Solution A: Set your graphics settings to medium or lower. Texture quality should be medium or lower.

Solution B: if you are playing on a laptop with both intel HD onboard graphics and a mobile graphics card, set your preferred graphics processor to the NVIDIA or AMD card instead of onboard intel.
http://lnv.gy/19KJdI6

If the issue persists, send a mail to supportdc@larian.com

3) Crashes in RTS with C++ error messages mentioning Graphine or list.h asserts

solution: download these two .dll files and extract them into the install folder ..\Divinity Dragon Commander\Shipping

Mirror download link

4) Issue symptoms:
- one third of the screen is white
- you have graphics artifacts/sorting issues
- you have font problems (words missing or letters missing)
- you have very low framerate in the interface or in combat

solution: do not force Anti-Aliasing in your driver settings for our application. Set it to default 3D settings or set it to "application controlled". Do not override AA settings via drivers.

5) The game crashes after the first loading screen when starting up the game.

Solution: There is probably a corrupted savegame being loaded in. Go to ..\Documents\Larian Studios\Dragon Commander\Savegames and move all saves to another location (perhaps a subfolder in the savegames folder). If that fixes the problem, you can move groups of files back and try starting the game to narrow down which is/are corrupt (most likely an autosave).

6) game crashes when starting campaign or multiplayer (and skill icons are missing)

Solution: change your installation path to not include characters like ".". Change your installation folder to a normal name without special characters.
(should be fixed in the latest version)

7) heavy mouse input lag on machines with lowend GPU or onboard solutions

Solution: Edit the file below in a text editor, search for 'RenderDeferred' and 2 lines below, change the one to a zero and save.
..\Documents\Larian Studios\Dragon Commander\graphicSettings.lsx

<attribute id="MapKey" value="RenderDeferred" type="22" />
<attribute id="Type" value="0" type="5" />
<attribute id="Value" value="1" type="4" />

8) where are the imperial edition files ?

You can find them in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Divinity Dragon Commander\Imperial edition

9) missing icons / portraits; on the tactical map the population listed as zero and the unit costs shown as 'NaN' (not a number)

Though quite rare, this issue has been reported to be caused by having the number setting in Windows using a comma as the decimal separator, rather than a period.
While changing the number format in Windows helped some people, it wasn't required for others, and one person reported the problem in their main Windows account, but even with the same setting, they had no problem in a guest account.​

*** Contacting support:

If you encounter difficulties installing or running Divinity: Dragon Commander, do not hesitate to contact our technical support department by email or via the official forum.

Before contacting support, we suggest that you first check our technical support forums: http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=59&page=1

Should this not help you, please download and run the following support tool (www.larian.com/DDC_SupportTool.exe), which
will create a diagnostic report.
Please send the report.zip generated by the tool to supportDC@larian.com together with the following information:

* Name of the game
* language
* platform (steam, gog.com, larianvault.com)
* Type of problem (In order to help you most effectively please describe the problem as clearly as possible)
* When does this problem occur?

Last edited by Raze; 01/11/23 11:00 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Is there any chance of a 21:9 aspect ratio support?

I pre-ordered the game and love the beta, and while I could select the 2560x1080 resolution of my monitor, it added black bars on the sides frown

Thanks

stranger
stranger
I can't download the game through the vault. It says "missing parameter!". Help would be greatly appreciated.
Edit: Never mind, used the code through steam, which did the trick.

Last edited by Ticlimax; 06/08/13 09:04 AM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
The game crashes to desktop on launch. I have a 1600x900 res but the above solutions A or B don't work. Does anyone have a solution?

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by AngryMan
The game crashes to desktop on launch. I have a 1600x900 res but the above solutions A or B don't work. Does anyone have a solution?

Can you use the support contact information to describe your problem? please include the report.zip and a link to this topic.

Hopefully we can solve the issue if we have more information.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
New known issue on GoG release version:
- Stuck in waiting for commander after loading a savegame

Will be fixed as soon as possible. Issue does not happen on other difficulty settings or on steam version.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Hello.

Dear Sirs,

I have a strange problem.
I've installed today Divinity: Dragon Commander - Imperial Edition (RU) and I can't see the mouse cursor into Main Menu and in the game too... It seems like cursor very often and furiously blinking/ One blink then No cursor about 1 second then one blink and NO cursor anymore.. So. I can't chang the resolution and other settings. Also, I can't play the game without mouse cursor.
I tried two different mouses: Logitech and Genius but result the same. No cursor in the Menu/Game. I changed resolution from 1920x1200 down to 1440x900 - no mouse cursor.

My OS Microsoft Windows 7 Max 6.1.7601 64-bit + AMD HD 6970 driver 13.1

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by PiZdrot
Hello.

Dear Sirs,

I have a strange problem.
I've installed today Divinity: Dragon Commander - Imperial Edition (RU) and I can't see the mouse cursor into Main Menu and in the game too... It seems like cursor very often and furiously blinking/ One blink then No cursor about 1 second then one blink and NO cursor anymore.. So. I can't chang the resolution and other settings. Also, I can't play the game without mouse cursor.
I tried two different mouses: Logitech and Genius but result the same. No cursor in the Menu/Game. I changed resolution from 1920x1200 down to 1440x900 - no mouse cursor.

My OS Microsoft Windows 7 Max 6.1.7601 64-bit + AMD HD 6970 driver 13.1

** Contacting support:

please download and run the following support tool (www.larian.com/DDC_SupportTool.exe), which
Please send the report.zip generated by the tool to supportDC@larian.com together with the following information:

* Name of the game
* language
* Type of problem (In order to help you most effectively please describe the problem as clearly as possible)

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
We found a new issue, that install folders with a "." will crash on starting a new campaign and will have many other issues (like missing skill icons) because it cannot find certain game files.

Temporary solution is to remove the "." in your install path.

Thanks to Dennis for reporting this to us!

B
stranger
stranger
B
Originally Posted by Larian_QA
We found a new issue, that install folders with a "." will crash on starting a new campaign and will have many other issues (like missing skill icons) because it cannot find certain game files.

Temporary solution is to remove the "." in your install path.

I tried renaming my install folder as stated, even if I don't got this crash issue. But every icon (skill/unit/building) in my version of Dragon Commander (pre-order from GOG.com) seems to be nonexistent... only a blank background is showing.
Everything else works fine.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Hi Bansheedragon,

Could you send a report.zip to support ? This would help us find and fix this issue.
Please include a link to this topic. Thank you.

** Contacting support:

please download and run the following support tool (www.larian.com/DDC_SupportTool.exe), which

* Name of the game
* language

addict
addict
This should be a locked sticky thread IMHO. Reason is to keep people focused on the first post with all the troubleshooting information built up so far. But I'm not a mod, so what do I know?

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
I need help, I have tried getting ahold of someone through Email but I still have not gotten any help. I bought Dragon Commander over The Vault, and when I looked in 'My games' to make sure it was there, it was empty, let alone when I saw that I was suppose to get a confirmation email, I have still not gotten it, its not in spam and its been a couple days now. Please help! I would love to talk to someone other then get automatic failed Email responses!

Don't poke the fire. It might poke back!
Support
Support

Did you email support@larian.com? That should get you an automatic conformation when received, and a personal reply within a day or two, depending on how busy they are (though hopefully faster in situations like this).

I did send one in, and im hoping I get something back, but before this one I got one back saying my notice failed? Either way... if it happens again I need to try my best to have a live chat if possible.

Support
Support

Maybe there was a typo the first time? In any case, if you get an error again, email me (raze@larian.com) and I'll forward it to someone who can look into it.

A
stranger
stranger
A
So I was having the issue with the first problem, that I would attempt to open the game and it would freeze. I attempted to option one and two, tried to run in windowed mode and delete to no avail. However, when I deactivated my Comodo firewall, it allowed the program to run. Just thought I'd let you guys know what worked for me, and thanks for the FAQ.

Support
Support

Thanks for the feedback.

Ok, thanks a lot. I will tell you if I get an error again.

T
stranger
stranger
T
In a battle, turning/spinning the camera reveals the ground textures have been lowered to VERY low res, and it noticably takes a moment or two to buffer in the high-res textures. It happens every time I spin the camera around and look the opposite way... all the textures need to buffer back in again.

It looks like RAGE did at first on AMD cards... that horrible texture load-in.

It happens on all settings. I have a fairly nice PC. I haven't had this issue with any other games.

3570k @ 4.0 ghz
670 FTW
8gb ram

I just updated to the newest drivers.

Any ideas? Please tell me this texture load in isn't "normal". It happens whenever I pan the camera at all. Constantly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard