Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Velerak #473207 17/08/13 01:08 PM
Support
Support
Originally Posted by Velerak
Ignore the trolls Raze

I guess I'm just an optimist. I've seen enough misunderstandings online I don't want to completely dismiss suspect posts, for the small fraction that aren't actually trolling.

Kein #473624 27/08/13 06:42 AM
C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Ok fellas, we're seriously due for an update now. Much as I think most other KS' update too much - quit bugging me and just focus on the game - Larian isn't doing it enough. Make it so, numbah one!

Midget Soothsayer robs Bank! Small Medium at Large!
Cutter #473628 27/08/13 07:37 AM
Yeah, its awfully quiet. Not only on updates for D:OS, but also in facebook/twitter and even here @ the forum.

Join the Weresheep of Original Sin Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/WeresheepOfOriginalSin
Dexyd #473633 27/08/13 08:39 AM
I'd give it a month or so till they are gearing up for release and have lots to show. Also remember that they have a crap load of work to do thanks to all the stuff from the Kickstarter on this game so there is probably not much to show till they get all the systems in and polished up a bit.

I think they bit off more than they can chew on this one, not that I think that they can't do it mind you, just not realistically in the time frame they proposed to do it in, but we shall see.

Think they can get it done in a little over three months if the plan is December?

I pledged and all I got was this lousy awesome game!
Von_Rotten #473656 28/08/13 07:04 AM
stranger
stranger
I think they spend a lot of time for supporting Dragon Commander at the moment. So probably there will be no updates for the next 6-8 weeks. And I really doubt that we will play D:OS this year. I think march next year is more realistic.

Metal is like an apple:
It´s all good except the Core...
Soulcollector #473757 01/09/13 10:18 AM
R
apprentice
apprentice
R
I already figured that with all the kickstarter additions that it would be a next year release. I'm just hoping it won't be later then Q1. I'd love to hear a update on the game though. I enjoy listening to what they are doing and how things are coming along.

Ragnin #473782 02/09/13 08:18 PM
apprentice
apprentice
I hope the game will be released before the New Year.
I apologize in advance for a crude lunge, but Dragon Commander - is wasted time that could be devoted entirely to the completion of the much more interesting and expected - Divinity Original Sin.

Pointman #473786 03/09/13 07:28 AM
I actually find Dragon Commander pretty amusing so far. It's a totally different game-type, so I do understand that "die hard" RPG gamers find Dragon Commander a bit disappointing. But for pure fun its plenty of fun. Besides that, Dragon Commander has very, very good voice acting and I really hope Divinity: Original Sin will keep the same standard.

Join the Weresheep of Original Sin Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/WeresheepOfOriginalSin
Dexyd #473789 03/09/13 10:45 AM
stranger
stranger
Personally, and I know some will not like me for this, but I'd rather they delay the release of the game to ensure everything has been added and is working, and that the majority of bugs have been squished. I've gone through too many rushed games that get released buggy as hell and are a nightmare to deal with till they get patched (if they get patched) - not to mention they get absolutely slammed and trashed by reviews, critics, players.... and end up not selling well and being a big failure.

I'd much rather Larian release a complete game that has been well QA tested that will get reviewed by critics, reviewers & players for the game it is (whether it actually ends up good or bad (obviously I'm hoping for good! lol)), rather than rushing to meet a deadline and getting trashed for it. Because it doesn't matter if they are able to fix issues after launch - the review's and reputation will already be out there regarding the game.

Regarding Dragon commander - I find it a refreshing change from the usual type of games I play. It's different, unique and I find it mostly fun - the rts is weak, but that's fine as I suck at rts' anyways. I'm a 'die-hard' RPG gamer/fan... but I didn't expect a heavy or deep rpg in D:DC, thus enjoyed what I got in it. I call myself 'die-hard' seeing as I've put 1,000+ hours into BG 1 & 2, 400+ hours into Fallout 1 & 2, ~400 hours into Fallout: New Vegas, 800+ hours into PlaneScape: Torment, etc.

Kamatsu #473791 03/09/13 02:47 PM
How the hell did you get 400 hours out of NV?

watser #473797 03/09/13 08:53 PM
stranger
stranger
400+ hours into New Vegas isn't as much as it sounds, especially if you take your time and manage your inventory and skills properly and don't cheat at all. My dad spent six months on Baldur's Gate 1 alone. 800 hours into Planescape, though, bewilders me a bit.

I fully expect to place 100+ hours into Original Sin. I sure put my fair share of hours into Divine Divinity 1.

ShadowTigerZC #473798 03/09/13 09:11 PM
Well 600 hours, that would be about the maximum hours a year for me. I think I won't even get near 500 though.

Dexyd #473801 04/09/13 08:21 AM
stranger
stranger
Yep, 400 hours in F:NV is nothing really when you consider that there are four different endings, and to get the endings does require at least a chunk of the game being played differently. Oh, and don't forget all the mods that can be installed and used - there are some pretty good quest mods to get.

800 hours in PS:T is easy (for me) - I loved the game so much I replayed it multiple times. Oh, and there were differences if you played it by talking to everyone vs fighting everyone (less xp going combat route, but quests ended differently in some cases, and gave access to different rewards). You could also get access to different factions depending on how you played the game. You could also get endings where TNO would find out his real name (which you never find out). There were also mods that could be installed. Not to mention doing different playthroughs for the different love interest's... and that you can play the game differently whether your a thief, warrior or mage.

Edit - oh, and every time I played through I did EVERY quest I could. Even though I'd already done them, I just can't rush through a game I like & enjoy.

Not sure what I expect to get our of Original Sin, but I really hope that there is easily 100+ hours from it. I did put a lot of time into the previous Divinity games, and from the updates and everything I've seen it should hopefully be possible to get a lot of hours into the game and it should hopefully have good replayability. But we'll see.

Last edited by Kamatsu; 04/09/13 08:24 AM.
Pointman #473841 06/09/13 03:30 PM
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Pointman
[...] Dragon Commander - is wasted time that could be devoted entirely to the completion of the much more interesting and expected - Divinity Original Sin.

This.

Last edited by Estrogen; 06/09/13 03:30 PM.
Estrogen #473844 06/09/13 06:03 PM
old hand
old hand
Come on folks be nice. While I too prefer DO:S concept over DC; this is to be expected of most folks on DOS forum but that doesn't make it a universal truth and it is a bit of a harsh way to phrase things.

Kamatsu #473858 07/09/13 03:36 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Kamatsu
Personally, and I know some will not like me for this, but I'd rather they delay the release of the game to ensure everything has been added and is working, and that the majority of bugs have been squished. I've gone through too many rushed games that get released buggy as hell and are a nightmare to deal with till they get patched (if they get patched) - not to mention they get absolutely slammed and trashed by reviews, critics, players.... and end up not selling well and being a big failure.

I'd much rather Larian release a complete game that has been well QA tested that will get reviewed by critics, reviewers & players for the game it is (whether it actually ends up good or bad (obviously I'm hoping for good! lol)), rather than rushing to meet a deadline and getting trashed for it. Because it doesn't matter if they are able to fix issues after launch - the review's and reputation will already be out there regarding the game.

Regarding Dragon commander - I find it a refreshing change from the usual type of games I play. It's different, unique and I find it mostly fun - the rts is weak, but that's fine as I suck at rts' anyways. I'm a 'die-hard' RPG gamer/fan... but I didn't expect a heavy or deep rpg in D:DC, thus enjoyed what I got in it. I call myself 'die-hard' seeing as I've put 1,000+ hours into BG 1 & 2, 400+ hours into Fallout 1 & 2, ~400 hours into Fallout: New Vegas, 800+ hours into PlaneScape: Torment, etc.

True, but beta (for those who pledged for it) was supposed to start in august, while it was already pretty obvious that wasn't going to happen it'd be nice to know when we can expect it especially since the game has been in a pretty playable state for quite a while now (judging by the KS...) even though a lot of the stuff that's currently in might still be in flux.

* as usual this is imho (unless stated otherwise); feel free to disagree, ignore or try to change my mind. Agreeing with me is ofc also allowed, but makes for much worse flamewarsarguments.

It is a full moon night and ... bèèè! ... the Weresheep are out...
theBlackDragon #473861 07/09/13 07:35 PM
Support
Support

From The fan day...

Originally Posted by Runeweaver: WoOS
- Swen mentioned something about the Alpha release – that will probably be somewhere in September

theBlackDragon #473873 08/09/13 12:17 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
beta was never meant for august..alpha was

"Dwelfusius | Were-axlotl of Original Sin"

Hardcorus RPGus PCus Extremus
Raze #473876 08/09/13 10:52 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Raze

From The fan day...

Originally Posted by Runeweaver: WoOS
- Swen mentioned something about the Alpha release – that will probably be somewhere in September

Ah, thank you Raze, I must have missed that post!

Originally Posted by dwelfusius
beta was never meant for august..alpha was

Mea culpa. Of course, alpha smile

* as usual this is imho (unless stated otherwise); feel free to disagree, ignore or try to change my mind. Agreeing with me is ofc also allowed, but makes for much worse flamewarsarguments.

It is a full moon night and ... bèèè! ... the Weresheep are out...
theBlackDragon #473931 11/09/13 01:23 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
So, it has now been more than a month since the release of DC (and since the last update on D:OS)... Do you reckon, there is a chance of getting a new update on D:OS soon?

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard