Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
When I enter combat mode, I have a wireframe over my ground textures. I have tried changing resolution, graphics settings and running as admin/desktop comp off. This is what it looks like -
[Linked Image]

Support
Support

Someone else reported this, as well (Weird graphic issue and strategy stuttering), but I'm not sure how it was resolved.

Please email supportdc@larian.com, with a description of the problem, maybe a link to this topic, and the report.zip file generated by the Dragon Commander support tool.

L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Done. If they send me a solution, I'll post it here for future reference.

Till then, any ideas on how to fix it? I have a long weekend coming up laugh

Support
Support

Did you check for updated video drivers? It sounds like you did all the other standard troubleshooting things for graphics issues. In the graphics options, I assume you tried changing the texture quality, disabling post processing, etc...

L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
No updated drivers for my graphics card. This is pretty frustrating! But thanks for the help. Still waiting on a reply from the guys. Disabled/enabled everything. It didn't help, but I did get to find out my laptop can run the game at Medium textures so, silver lining :p

L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Just got an email!

They suggested that the issue was with the older graphics card and the drivers. They suggested the last poster update drivers and set the settings to lowest but didn't hear back from them. I tried that and the issue still prevails.

I'm going to try and get the diagnostic tool running, but if not, I'm going to assume this isn't really going to be a fixable issue right now. Probably something to do with older graphics cards and shader problems I think.

Thanks for the help anyway, if I come up with a solution, I'll post it here.

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Well, I have/had the same problem with the wireframe texture. I think in my case this is/was due to the fact that my graphics card does not meet the minimum requirements.

The wireframe texture does not prevent you from finishing the game though... So, if you are willing to turn a blind eye to the wireframe texture (as I did), you can still play the game and turn the lands into ash and cinders with your dragon hehe

L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Yeah, I think thats totally my issue. I'm going to stick with it. Legalizing Elfweed and Gay Marriage to annoy a skeletal zealot is way too fun to write off the game cause of the textures

L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Just got another email, they agree that its probably an old graphics card issue. There's no fix and the only real thing to do is suck it up.

Nevermind though, its not too distracting.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard