Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Ted_Oh #473851 07/09/13 02:49 AM
J
journeyman
journeyman
J
i found cathy to be quite able when it involved ships in someway, ifi was outgunned i went to a genius edmund

Ted_Oh #473856 07/09/13 06:31 AM
N
journeyman
journeyman
N
I actually quite like the character Catherine, by just the fact that she actually makes me feel effected IRL by the way she is presented and the things she says. It is excellent when a game makes you able to hate, but like a character at the same time.

The only thing I find intolerable about her is the fact that I do everything she asks, yet she still insults my character by calling him sexist and crap. I mean come on, I have agreed with everything you have put forth, yet you still continue to attack me with verbal insults! It is completely illogical and downright stupid on her part. That really is the only thing that reminds me she isn't a real person at all, but just a game character restricted by the strict design rules she was created with. Quite annoying XD.

Nightblaze1 #473939 11/09/13 07:40 PM
G
stranger
stranger
G
That Catherine provokes such reactions from this audience is a credit to the developers.

She is handdown the most rude and rutheless in voicing her opinions/demands.

All in all her demands are what we are facing today in life aswell. However would someone be as rude in RL as she is ingame she would be the most hated person in politics. The core of her demands are what woman are fighting for these days and with that core I agree. Equal rights, same paycheck etc etc.

stranger
stranger
Dragon Commander is loaded with stereotypes, and I think it's supposed to be. The characters and decisions in the game lack subtelty on almost any level, but that lack of subtlety also makes the game's politics (when combined with its gameplay anyways) more interesting because it forces you to often make hard decisions where more options may have made the choice too easy at times.

If I have an objection to Catherine it's that I suspect she's either a dig or reference to Catherine the Great. Not that Catherine was the most swell woman to have ever lived, but she deserves better than being reduced into a 5-year-old's view of a feminist, even on purpose.

Tiada #474322 03/10/13 08:08 AM
M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Catherine is simply Catherine and she is not meant to refer to the decidedly great Yekaterina.

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
Macbeth #474329 04/10/13 08:44 AM
Yeah, I like catherine. I've got way more issues with Yorrick.

Join the Weresheep of Original Sin Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/WeresheepOfOriginalSin
Macbeth #474345 05/10/13 03:12 AM
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Macbeth
Catherine is simply Catherine and she is not meant to refer to the decidedly great Yekaterina.

K.

Originally Posted by Dexyd
Yeah, I like catherine. I've got way more issues with Yorrick.

If ever there was a walking stereotype . . .
Although even Yorrick has some moments. Like his ridiculously lethal Fangbear (seriously, they kill off 5% of my population, were people lying down in the streets for them?), or needing to replace a brittle bone.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard