Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#469047 09/07/13 05:19 PM
Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
So! been watching videos and not seen anything about character creation! which leads me to think its still being worked on soo...why not make a thread where we can post ideas!

My biggest wish and what would make me just fall madly in love with the game even more! Would be a nice long hairstyle..not that bangs pulled back super tight in the front with a pony in the back either! am talking just untied hair~ adding a pic (prays the link thingy works) it's one of my roleplay characters~

Also I saw alot of talk of "armor" and how cool it will look, curious if there will be plain clothing options for those who say want to just wear a dress? NOW before everyone starts firing up their torches and putting on their troll masks, let me explain...
Personally, If I wanna dress my character in a dress. I accept the consequences from battle, Personally for me its a rush having to be extra careful in combat.

ok ok anyway here is the pic! n Larian! you are forever my favs wish I didn't miss the kick starter, if there is a way to donate money still would love to know! and no I don't expect anything in return like beta access or anything~ just wanna see this game done.

[Linked Image]

if you notice the hair is pretty simple, would fit over most armors actually prob all armors. Its thick enough in the back to have very minimal clipping. AND with a few morphs to smooth it out could even be made into a male long hair.

Last edited by Ellary; 09/07/13 05:37 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
I am also wondering what character creation will be like. The male character looked pretty big and beefy in the videos so far. Looking forward to seeing how in depth character customization will be. Just a few preset faces, or body and face sliders and stuff? I would prefer a more frail, skinny, wizard type. Guess we'll see!

Last edited by Reki; 09/07/13 08:55 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Personally I have no problem if people want to fight in dresses (or any other type of clothing), but the dresses should act like dresses and not like armour. Unless they're enchanted somehow, they shouldn't really provide any defensive bonus over running around in underwear - otherwise what's the point of having armour at all? Same with 'chainmail bikinis' and the like - fine as it goes, but if it obviously isn't going to protect anything, it shouldn't have defensive stats. I can see things like dresses being popular with mages or archers, who generally attack from range, so don't necessarily need as much physical protection.

As for character creation: I'd love to see sliders for different heights, weights etc., but my understanding is that these are quite complicated to include, mainly due to the difficulty of making animations match up. It might be nice to have a few 'preset' builds for each gender - bulky and muscular for a warrior, slimmer for a mage, etc. Regarding hair, I'm not personally a fan of 'just stepped out of the salon' hairstyles in medieval fantasy games, but if Larian want to include them and can make them work without clipping problems, fair enough.

What interests me most is the co-operative dialogue system. I'd like to know more about how your stats will affect the different types of persuasion, and how the character 'traits' you pick up will affect gameplay - whether you can choose any at the character creation screen, etc.

Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
the frail wizard type should be there *fingers crossed* and about the dress, yes I meant just a plain no armor dress.

Helena L not sure if you saw it, but there was a video of two of the guys playing the game and talking about the dialog system. About intimidation and charm being factored in. Let me link ya!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weUPfejQ7xE This video is my favorite video. Makes me truly feel they care about the game/players and it's not a cash grab.

journeyman
journeyman
I saw the video, but I think it was mentioned that the dialogue system has changed since then based on feedback received during the Kickstarter.

Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
ahh yes, I saw that in another thread also. Hmm now ya got me curious about it too~

Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Reviving this thread! so far there has not been any signs (that I have found) of what character options will be.. I am so excited for the game...but fearing it might be another "here is your long hair" then I go *finger twirl* it's to her shoulder! *gasp* ..NO! that's not long~ getting closer to release..am super excited been waiting months. Any sneak peaks you can give us?

There aren't many isometric RPG's that have much if any in the way of char customization. Many (even modern day iso RPG's) don't even reflect what armor you don ingame. *Looking at you Spiderweb Software* But at least I know that's not the case in this game.

The problem with detailed char customization in an iso game is that you can't even see most of your choices unless you run around naked the whole game so developers just don't put it in.

Been awhile since I played it, but I think Sacred 2 only had a very limited char cutom option. 3 or 4 hair styles, hair color option and skin color option.

Always nice to have options, but after the first few hours (assuming the game reflects what you wear) my chars are covered head to toe in armor anyway.

I pledged and all I got was this lousy awesome game!
Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
oh my gosh the armor thing also scares me...I plan on making a priestess type character. So hope will not be forced to put her in bulky armor or tight leathers. Do hope there will be robes for casters. or even town clothes (dresses,skirts,top, Ect.) you can wear even if offer no protection.

I wouldn't doubt it, so far we have seen you can wear Jack-O-Lanterns and buckets as helmets so why not town clothes!

I pledged and all I got was this lousy awesome game!
enthusiast
enthusiast
The only problem implementing character customization aesthetics is the non-existent zooming and fixed camera angle. If mods were to change all this application, this would be a plus.

Anyhow, as for character creation skills, I don't know yet if they will implement something similar to Divine Divinity where you can select any skills from whatever class. I prefer the Path of Exile skill progression though which gives you some sort of limitation depending on what class you picked but you still have the freedom to choose any skills you want.

"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because we are still prisoners of society"
addict
addict
The style Larian has always used is that of offering every skill and letting the player build their own class via the choices they make.

Von_Rotten is right about equipment obstructing any cosmetic choices you make concerning your character in just about any game that cares for some realism. That means that choices of hair, etc. are only really relevant for R-Ping. Demand for that is not exactly high, so I'd put my faith in mods filling that gap.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
Support
Support

The camera angle is fixed, but you will be able to zoom in or out.

At least a couple games have an option to not show helmets on the character.

This probably isn't going to happen, but I'd like to adjust body types. I really don't like the ubermuscled-beefcake archetype at all.

Different faces are a must. Maybe different ear-types, too, so we could give our characters elf-ears to note some past Elven ancestry? That could be cool.

Mostly, though: it's the hair. Lots of styles that look good. Short and long. Maybe some different textures we could use--to make hair look "wet" or "tangled" or "straight" or whatever. Honestly, I'm just sick of seeing big RPGs with a ton of customization options but crappy hair--Bethesda is notorious for this.

And the first point I raised has gotten to bother me a lot more recently, with Shadowrun Returns, where the male character models are absolutely atrocious.

But I have full faith in Larian. So long as the customization is roughly equal to Diviniy 2, I'd be fine with it.

Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Hide helmet option would be amazing, I did hear about the buckets and stuff as helms! but never saw anything about town clothing! My friends and I are pretty nerdy and love being able to create our characters! Most of us roleplay in games =p after all it's not fun to just buy it, rush it, beat it..trash it! gotta have fun with it ♥

M
stranger
stranger
M
Agreed on just about everything. Both genders should start off being buff or skinny body-wise, and have different kinds of hair (maybe even afros? That seems like a go-to choice in some japanese-type MMOs).

And especially lots of clothing AND armor options!

But yeah, I wonder what putting together clothes in the editor is going to be like. A bit doubtfully like the first Neverwinter Nights though...

addict
addict
hmmmmmmmm about hide helmet option, I must admit that I will be a bit hypocrite 'coz I use it in WoW for some character, but it is not THAT roleplay to hide the visual of a helmet you wear...
But being able to colour the armor should be a nice option (like in D3).

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
R
apprentice
apprentice
R
I've already said it before but I'd like to see a hide the helmet option as well. Along with other character customization options. Honestly the more the better.

enthusiast
enthusiast
It will be great to choose different races to play-I wanna to play by Imp for example and call him Wet-Experience-Bomb-from-Pumpkineye

Last edited by James 540; 18/11/13 12:05 PM.

Experience is a hard master but a good teacher-Proverb of RPG player (c)
Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Reviving an old thread, rather then making a new one!

So broke down and bought the game, even though I am nervous about the character creation when it's added...Since my friends and I will be roleplaying in this game. (cause we are nerds like that, don't hate >.>) Is there any chance at all you all at Larian will consider adding a gentle female face and long hair styles?

*Solution for clipping* Just make the longer hair slightly thicker, armor won't poke out. Just would be amazing to play a long haired caster in the game... cause the combat system is by far the best ever. Plus a lil bit of clipping never killed anyone~

HIDE the helmet option! pretty please.

Love you Larian <3

here are a few links to hair styles!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image] Fav <3

[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard