Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Althor #475285 21/11/13 11:53 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Oh yeah I saw this exactly now)) I didn`t look in at private Swen`s twitter....

Experience is a hard master but a good teacher-Proverb of RPG player (c)
James 540 #475287 21/11/13 01:17 PM
veteran
veteran
Private twitter is an oxymoron. :p

James 540 #475289 21/11/13 01:42 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by James 540
Oh yeah I saw this exactly now)) I didn`t look in at private Swen`s twitter....

I think you meant "personal"

Stabbey #475293 21/11/13 02:53 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Private twitter is an oxymoron. :p

It was not purposely)

Yeah personal twitter-Kein!

Experience is a hard master but a good teacher-Proverb of RPG player (c)
Althor #475372 25/11/13 12:08 PM
addict
addict
Swen blog/Twitter/facebook/forum... so many ways to get informations^^

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
Chaotica #475425 27/11/13 07:56 PM
addict
addict
https://twitter.com/LarAtLarian/status/405736234435502080 Finally! Swen says there will be an update tomorrow or friday.

X-tasy #475432 28/11/13 06:02 PM
apprentice
apprentice
Hopefully the news will be good, I wonder how things are going with the game itself and tools for developing mods.

Pointman #475435 29/11/13 10:38 AM
It's friday, so we may expect a update any minute now :p (but there are a lot of minutes in a day)

Join the Weresheep of Original Sin Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/WeresheepOfOriginalSin
Dexyd #475440 29/11/13 12:11 PM
veteran
veteran

Last edited by Kein; 29/11/13 12:18 PM.
Kein #475442 29/11/13 02:27 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Hurray. Though I have very little time to spend on games this winter.

Kein #475443 29/11/13 02:32 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Kein

I'll just copy/paste www.kickstarter.com/projects/larian...ts/678463?cursor=5299281#comment-5299280 :

Can't say I'm too surprised that Larian's perfectionism got the upper hand so we'll get our hands on a beta and not on the alpha. Can't really blame them seeing the backlash against many an alpha or "early access" game but the hacker (in the real meaning of the word) in me can't help but be slightly dissapointed.

One thing I'm worried about is that exposure to more people might mean the voice of the "hard core" is drowned out, I thought that was actually the purpose of the alpha. I sure hope that this time no compromises are being made to people that didn't follow the KS campaign and don't really know what was promised (but still want to change what was promised to suit *their* vision).

PS: looks like the forum doesn't like links to KS comments.

Edit: note that this wasn't meant negatively in any way, I'm still super excited to finally get my hands on the game.

Last edited by theBlackDragon; 29/11/13 02:34 PM.

* as usual this is imho (unless stated otherwise); feel free to disagree, ignore or try to change my mind. Agreeing with me is ofc also allowed, but makes for much worse flamewarsarguments.

It is a full moon night and ... bèèè! ... the Weresheep are out...
theBlackDragon #475445 29/11/13 03:52 PM
veteran
veteran
Don't steal my tweets.... laugh

WOOS
LordCrash #475446 29/11/13 03:58 PM
stranger
stranger
Can't wait!! smile smile

Luca78 #475497 02/12/13 12:30 PM
addict
addict
OoO I can understand that the ones who pledge for the Alpha and Beta access are a bit disapointed :s
but it is awesome !! I trully regretted not to pledge for the Beta and the Weresheep Tshirt, now i only regret for the Tshirt lol (Larian, as you're gonna update the vault, can you allow us to increase our pledge and get access to the other goodies? :3 )

Sincerely, I think this is a good idea but there might be a problem : more people means more requests/feedback, means time to deal all of that and possible changes...

-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Chaotica #475500 02/12/13 12:52 PM
old hand
old hand
Well I think it is best for the game; I guess they could have done the 'early' alpha/beta late beta to please the kickstart people who paid for such (not really sure how mcuh $$$ they have to refund) but I suspect the primary issue is time. The game is large and complex - if it meets my expectation it will be much larger and more complex than divine divinity so the polish really will be necessary. Hum. very high expectation (I hope not too high).

meme #475503 02/12/13 01:42 PM
addict
addict
I guess we all have our (own) high expectation and some of them will not be fulfilled, but I really trust Larian to make an awesome game which will surprise us laugh

-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Chaotica #475509 02/12/13 05:19 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
It's statements like these (from the kickstarter page)...

"If you are interested in isometric, 'old school' cRPGs, this is the game for you."

"We believe this game truly is something else, and it deserves everything we as a company can throw at it."

... that start getting your hopes up.

We threw an extra million dollars at it horsey

"Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that" - Leunig
Robcat #475513 02/12/13 06:09 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
And great move Larian to extend the alpha/beta to everyone. I pledged pretty high and am only happy that all backers get access if they want it. Not only is it more inclusive but as you say it will enhance the pool of useful feedback to adjust and polish the game for everyone.

To offer refunds for those that pledged specifically for alpha/beta is only fair, but I hope people don't take them up on this. After all, the whole point of the kickstarter was to make Original Sin a better game. I have great respect for how Larian have followed their dream in self-publishing and creating a classic-style cRPG, before the kickstarter phenomenon had made such games relatively popular again. They truly care about such games, enough to put it all on the line for one...

For the good of the game.

"Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that" - Leunig
Chaotica #475538 03/12/13 07:17 AM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Chaotica
OoO I can understand that the ones who pledge for the Alpha and Beta access are a bit disapointed :s

Why? They can have their money back.

Originally Posted by Robcat
It's statements like these (from the kickstarter page)...
"If you are interested in isometric, 'old school' cRPGs, this is the game for you."
"We believe this game truly is something else, and it deserves everything we as a company can throw at it."
... that start getting your hopes up.
We threw an extra million dollars at it horsey

Originally Posted by Chaotica
I guess we all have our (own) high expectation and some of them will not be fulfilled, but I really trust Larian to make an awesome game which will surprise us laugh

You can't please everyone. Nor Larian nor anyone else able to do it.

Kein #475549 03/12/13 02:31 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
In case I wasn't clear, my dissapointment (though I honestly think this word is much too strong for how I feel about this) is that there won't be a real alpha.

To understand where I come from one has to understand what an alpha is (at least in my mind): alpha software is where only the core is in place, major mechanics still need to be added or revised, bugs usually run rampant and most of the actual content is not in place yet.
Beta is where core mechanics have been ironed out, bugs reduced to a reasonable level and development kinda boils down to fine tuning, bugfixing and adding/testing content to reach a releasable state. By all accounts the state D:OS is in is already what I personally consider a beta, not an alpha.

Now, you usually don't want to show alpha software to the press or general public because it generally doesn't tend to get received very well, this is what quite a few Kickstarter/Early access games found out the hard way. So as a marketing move not giving access to actual alpha quality builds makes much sense. On the other hand this is where the game gets shaped and sweeping changes are still possible, as such input given and considered during alpha can have a much bigger impact on development direction than during a later stage.

So in effect I think it's a bit of a shame that we won't be able to comment as much on mechanics and possibly shape how they evolve.

Do note that I have all faith in Larian to deliver a solid product, so I won't be going around raging, threatening or demanding my money back or any other such nonsense (well, unless they try to turn this into Skyrim or some such nonsense*), I just thought the above would be a "feeling" that would apply to more of the more "dedicated" backers.

*please don't kill me for even bringing this up Swen... wink

* as usual this is imho (unless stated otherwise); feel free to disagree, ignore or try to change my mind. Agreeing with me is ofc also allowed, but makes for much worse flamewarsarguments.

It is a full moon night and ... bèèè! ... the Weresheep are out...
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard