enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
This is the technical issues thread

Please post your technical issues in this thread. This means:
- game not starting up
- game crashing
- compatibility issues

So in general, issues that stop you from playing the game.

I'll try to update this post with common issues.
You can always try support@larian.com, but please post your issues here first so that other people with similar problems can be helped right away.

If you do contact support for a technical issue, please include the report.zip from our support tool:
It can be found here: http://www.larian.com/OriginalSinAlpha/AnalysisTool_DOS.exe

Problem 1:
A regular support issue for Dragon Commander for example, is that players are using onboard intel graphics with very old drivers:

Possible Solutions:
- installing the latest drivers for the Intel HD onboard graphics adapater.
- If you have a secondary graphics card (Nvidia or AMD), you can set it as the primary graphics adapter in the settings of the drivers.
This will allow the game to work faster and possibly without crashing to desktop on loading the combat levels.

Problem 2:
Game crashing after clicking new game (you can hear sound in the background, screen fades in and crash)

No solution yet
We don't have a workaround for this as of yet. We've narrowed down that it has to do with 32-bit operating systems (vista and windows 7). We are working on a solution. No ETA yet, I'm afraid.

Problem 3:
Incorrect detection of resolutions

No solution yet
We are looking into this issue, but have no reproducible case yet. You could try manually editing the graphicoptions.xml in \documents\divinity original sin\.

If you have this issue, please use the support tool mentioned above to send a report.zip. This will help us track down the problem.

Problem 4:
Strange graphical artifacts in game and very low fps

Solution
Go to your driver settings (nvidia or AMD) and reset 3d application settings to default. Forcing Anti-aliasing via drivers causes several graphics issues.

Problem 5:
I can't connect to my friend or vice versa

No Solution Yet
If you have this issue, please use the support tool mentioned above to send a report.zip. This will help us track down the problem as it contains log info about your connections.
It can be found here: http://www.larian.com/OriginalSinAlpha/AnalysisTool_DOS.exe

Last edited by Larian_QA; 18/02/14 01:35 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
Game Crashing:

If you start a new game, and cancel the caracter creation process the games, chash.

Hope it helps and I've been useful.

Makurth

A
addict
addict
A
I'm getting this error message when I try to start the game:
[Linked Image]

Edit: Ok, got into the game by manually finding the game directory and launching EoCApp.exe.

Last edited by Aramintai; 17/12/13 08:35 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
I have installed the game on steam, however when I press play button I get a message saying this is a pre-alpha build..................and thank you and enjoy the game BUT no game loads up just the message.

What do I need to do.

Thanks

NVM I have read the other posts and I see that there is a problem with the launcher size and I was not able to see the 3 buttons at the bottom of the screen now I see them.

Last edited by majorscales; 17/12/13 09:41 PM.
addict
addict
the launch window of the alpha is not well size, I cannot see the buttons and I cannot resize the window

the game is really really slow and long to load menus, environment etc... (for the record, I have a Republic of Gamer G74S so it is not my computer I guess ^^)

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
journeyman
journeyman
As soon as I set vsync on my game will crash when I click apply ^^ also when I alt tab I can't get back into the game because it'll crash ^^

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Chaotica
the launch window of the alpha is not well size, I cannot see the buttons and I cannot resize the window

the game is really really slow and long to load menus, environment etc... (for the record, I have a Republic of Gamer G74S so it is not my computer I guess ^^)

I have the same issue on Win7 64, AMD Radeon 6850

Oh YEAH!
Have fun
Regnox #476157 17/12/13 08:39 PM
The very first window when you click play is somehow not in sync with my graphics. The three buttons at the bottom, I can barely discern that they are there. It took me 30 secs to realize that, and I couldn't read what they were for. It would be nice if that window auto-adjusted itself. It is necessary to continue the start-up process, so despite it being an alpha feature, it needs to work, and for me it barely does so. smile

I got Comment 33,333 at the legendary Larian KS for D:OS
journeyman
journeyman
ok, so the game didn't crash when I put vsync on ^^ so forget about that laugh

addict
addict
issue 1: i cannot send files via your in game bug tool. i click the ok-button, but the sending process is cancelled right afterwards.
issue 2: game crashed while loading quicksave via f8. i saved beforehand via quicksave f5 and via the save-option in option menu.

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
Regnox #476165 17/12/13 08:47 PM
Oh, Chaotica and Rainer had the same problem. I posted before I read it. I have Win 7 x64 and AMD Radeon as well, HD 6800.

I got Comment 33,333 at the legendary Larian KS for D:OS
Rainer #476171 17/12/13 08:51 PM
old hand
old hand
Odd I have no issues with win 7 64, amd 7950. Given how close our systems are i'm a bit surprise. My boot disk is ssd (games install on traditional hard drive) so maybe that is why my load/save times are fast.

Originally Posted by Rainer
Originally Posted by Chaotica

I have the same issue on Win7 64, AMD Radeon 6850

meme #476184 17/12/13 09:07 PM
G
stranger
stranger
G
I get this error evry time i klick the Start game button on steam.

"WindowsFormsApplication1 has stopped working"

Anyone else have the same problem?
And how do i solve it?

Last edited by GhoztBear; 17/12/13 09:09 PM.
veteran
veteran
If SupportTool.exe has no access to internet the game WILL NOT START.

H
stranger
stranger
H
The alpha seems to be crashing whenever I try to start a new game. It's not immediate, it hangs on the loading screen for a bit and I can hear birds and things in the background and then the screen darkens just a tiny bit and then it crashes. I'm trying to play at 1920x1080, first using the Medium graphics preset and then again with Very Low. Neither worked.

I get the feeling it might have to do with my dual core processor? I remember Divinity: Dragon Commander had an issue at one point where the game would get choppy because there was a problem with dual cores so I wonder if maybe the alpha has a similar issue right now.

Here's my dxdiag:
http://pastebin.com/gdjBXeUq

The window cuts off for me with no option to resize or scroll. The very top "line" of the three buttons are just barely visible, making it possible to start the application (so it's not entirely broken--just annoying).

On Windows 8 w/ display at 1920x1080.

[Linked Image]

A
stranger
stranger
A
Launcher issues 2560x1440

[img]http://postimg.org/image/rtp6605dz/[/img]

E
apprentice
apprentice
E
Originally Posted by Hey You
The alpha seems to be crashing whenever I try to start a new game. It's not immediate, it hangs on the loading screen for a bit and I can hear birds and things in the background and then the screen darkens just a tiny bit and then it crashes
Same here. And crash report tool can't send report for some reason. Firewall isn't blocking it, even tried to shut it down completely - no result. Here is error from crash window http://pastebin.com/NxnQPw9h

R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
The same problem happened in Dragon Commander Beta but if the middle mouse button is not set to the default in Windows it does nothing in Original Sin.

Rack #476206 17/12/13 09:46 PM
stranger
stranger
Hello there,

My UC crashes everytime i'm loading in to the main menu of the game. In my logs i found this :

Error: (12/17/2013 10:27:26 PM) (Source: vmauthd) (User: )
Description: 2013-12-17T22:27:26.299+01:00| vthread-5| E105: Cannot find perfmon object in array returned by perfDLL, index=0

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard