Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 30 1 2 3 4 29 30
Hely #476227 17/12/13 10:42 PM
stranger
stranger
Have a 1920x1080 monitor. However, my desktop is currently set to 1600x900.

In options, there is no option above 1600x900 i.e. my full resolution of 1920x1080.

Most games recognise the display's max. resolution & not that which the desktop is set to.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin
Originally Posted by Hey You
The alpha seems to be crashing whenever I try to start a new game. It's not immediate, it hangs on the loading screen for a bit and I can hear birds and things in the background and then the screen darkens just a tiny bit and then it crashes
Same here. And crash report tool can't send report for some reason. Firewall isn't blocking it, even tried to shut it down completely - no result. Here is error from crash window http://pastebin.com/NxnQPw9h

Yep, exact same problem here.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Khanach
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin
The alpha seems to be crashing whenever I try to start a new game. It's not immediate, it hangs on the loading screen for a bit and I can hear birds and things in the background and then the screen darkens just a tiny bit and then it crashes
Same here. And crash report tool can't send report for some reason. Firewall isn't blocking it, even tried to shut it down completely - no result. Here is error from crash window http://pastebin.com/NxnQPw9h

Yep, exact same problem here.

Same here ! The birds, then CTD ! The loading circle stops and flashes a bit, then it crashes after the Sound Begins. Disappointing, tried several times, always the same result.

Intel Q6600, Win 7 32 bit, Radeon 7850

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
I can't change the resolution at all, the drop down is empty. Changing the values in graphicSettings.lsx has no effect either, it just starts up in 800x600 again. Am I missing something obvious?

Primary monitor is 1920x1080 @ 72hz, but I've tried switching to a non-custom 60hz resolution and I've also tried disabling my second monitor, to no avail. For some reason the game can't/won't display available resolutions and it won't let me force it.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Makurth
Game Crashing:

If you start a new game, and cancel the caracter creation process the games, chash.

Hope it helps and I've been useful.

Makurth

Came here to post this. Same issue.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Makurth
Game Crashing:

If you start a new game, and cancel the caracter creation process the games, chash.

Originally Posted by 4verse
issue 1: i cannot send files via your in game bug tool. i click the ok-button, but the sending process is cancelled right afterwards.

I encounter both problems too.

Win 7 x64, Intel 2500K, 8GB RAM, GTX 470 with 331.82 driver

E
apprentice
apprentice
E
I have the same issue, bug reporter just tells me "cancelled" when I click send report.

The game crashed on quitting the game.

I also encountered a bug at the beginning after the first fight, when you go to your left and meet up with a talking sea sell. I talked to the shell and choose to throw it back into the ocean. Then the controls lock up, you are able to open your inventory but I cannot click on the shell, ctrl click on the shell or move anymore or use any skills.

N
stranger
stranger
N
"the launch window of the alpha is not well size, I cannot see the buttons and I cannot resize the window"
posted by chaotica.

I have the same problem. It is due to the fact that I have the display text size set to medium 125% instead of the default smaller 100% size. Fortunately I could just make out the top of the buttons at the very bottom of the window to click on to start the game.

Last edited by noneatall; 18/12/13 03:25 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Game crashed when I was at the character customization screen when I pressed "Main Menu" and pressed accept. On another note, when I did that, it's as if I clicked next on the character customization screen.

"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because we are still prisoners of society"
Hely #476298 18/12/13 04:34 AM
A
apprentice
apprentice
A
The cave past the sad orc, crashes the game almost every time I try to enter it, black screen of death but the mouse is still movable. When it does not crash it is not that cave, but rather I am in what looks like a castle with location x500 y500, the chest there is level 15. The area here only has part of the world built and you can walk through the walls the ui goes away, and the mini map stays but the port to the H.O.T.S.P.O.T has vanished also. It sounds as if you are running through water without any water around and I was able to run off the side of the world and just kept falling into the gray void.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Game Crashes after crafting the same thing twice in a row.

I've encountered this when Scarlett used wheat on mortar and pestle to turn wheat into flour.
I've encountered this when Roderick used knife on potato to turn it into chips.

Doing either of the above two actions in a row, resulted in a crash to desktop.
BTW - when clicking send bug report, the reporting tool returns: "Cancelled"

M
stranger
stranger
M
When I first talk to Zixzax and he sends me to the homestead it always gets stuck on the loading screen.

Yurt #476334 18/12/13 07:25 AM
Support
Support
Originally Posted by Yurt
I can't change the resolution at all, the drop down is empty.

Try right clicking the executable and run the game as administrator (..\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Shipping\EoCApp.exe). That helped someone in Divinity 2 that had missing resolutions (though in that case it was only higher resolutions that were missing).

You can also try deleting/renaming the graphicSettings.lsx file (..\users\%username%\My Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin), and see if getting the game to recreate it will fix the resolution options.

Raze #476341 18/12/13 07:35 AM
C
journeyman
journeyman
C
I'm on an ASUS 27" 144HZ monitor and I'm having no problem with big resolutions. I'm running it on Ultra as well with my 3gig AMD 7950 card as well.

And yes, I just had my first crash doing a quickload to replay a battle when it CTD and like the others I couldn't send the bug report. Click it it and says 'Cancelled' so you have to say 'No thanks'. So, getting that fixed asap is a priority.

Midget Soothsayer robs Bank! Small Medium at Large!
Cutter #476355 18/12/13 09:48 AM
stranger
stranger
Crashed attempting to enter the orc dungeon that you have to go through the West Gate and kill the Giant Orc to get to. Right clicked it to enter and once I reached it, the game swapped to a load screen but crashed immediately following that.

Can't send the files either, just says canceled.

Cutter #476362 18/12/13 10:08 AM
S
stranger
stranger
S
For me too, Divinity is crashing when I try to start a new game. The screen darkens and I hear the birds, then crash.

The bug report tool appeared just once, and was already "Canceled".

There wasn't a folder for ..\users\%username%\My Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin. I've created one manually, and the game created the graphicSettings.lsx and config.lsx inside.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Skitnik
For me too, Divinity is crashing when I try to start a new game. The screen darkens and I hear the birds, then crash.

The bug report tool appeared just once, and was already "Canceled".

There wasn't a folder for ..\users\%username%\My Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin. I've created one manually, and the game created the graphicSettings.lsx and config.lsx inside.

did it work after that Workaround ?
Noone seems to be interested in our CTD Problem. Can´t Play unfortunately due to that. Updated graphic Card Driver and everything, but still only birds singing, then CTD !

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
People who are experiencing
- crash on startup
- resolutions not being recognized
- crashing on loading of a different level

please send your dxdiag.txt to supportdos@larian.com with a clear description of the problem

1. Click Windows Start button or press Windows and R keys.
2. Type DXDIAG in the Search bar (bottom left) or in Run window and press Enter key.
3. When the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window comes up, click 'Save All Information' button.
4. Save the DXDIAG report file and send it to us

S
stranger
stranger
S
DxDiag send.

And no, creating a "Divinity Original Sin' folder under My documents didn't help.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I have the exact same issue here frown
I tried selecting the lowest graphical settings, but that didn't change anything either.

DXDIAG.txt

The alpha seems to be crashing whenever I try to start a new game. It's not immediate, it hangs on the loading screen for a bit and I can hear birds and things in the background and then the screen darkens just a tiny bit and then it crashes. I'm trying to play at 1920x1080, first using the Medium graphics preset and then again with Very Low. Neither worked.

I get the feeling it might have to do with my dual core processor? I remember Divinity: Dragon Commander had an issue at one point where the game would get choppy because there was a problem with dual cores so I wonder if maybe the alpha has a similar issue right now.

Here's my dxdiag:
http://pastebin.com/gdjBXeUq

Last edited by Marudok; 18/12/13 11:50 AM.
Page 2 of 30 1 2 3 4 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard