Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
stranger
stranger
S
Alt-tabbing during combat messes up the cursors

B
B
NILF and foobarry, it appears to me that that's a problem with the Abandoned House that doesn't necessarily have anything to do with teleportation. Your character can just walk in through the window on the left.

Last edited by Bittereinder; 18/12/13 05:09 PM.
veteran
veteran
Oh boy another weird one which is a game-killer this time.

I loaded a saved game and headed for the market to look for a better bow (because the Oak Flat bow doesn't persist between saves). I decided to trigger the fish thief conversation with Scarlett. She argued in favour of the thief, Rod against. Scarlett won. a guard came running up, even before Robin stole the fish. Scarlett vouched for him, Rod denied it, Scarlett won again.

But Robin and the guard were still standing there. I couldn't talk to either one, nor the citizen standing nearby. I switched to Roderick (to sell things) talked to the nearby fish vendor, and something was bugged with her conversation: She commented sourly that she can't talk because she has to watch out for thieves. The first dialogue option was "Tell me about Cyseal", but there was some text behind that in brackets I couldn't make out, maybe something to do with (Continue...)?

I traded and walked off as Roderick. A few steps later, I realized that Scarlett wasn't following me, even though the chain was attached to the portraits. I walked back. She was still standing there. I switched to her and ended up with her in conversation with the vendor I just traded with, except now the vendor only has the "sorry I can't talk, watching for fish thieves" dialogue and I have no options to end the conversation. I'm stuck there and have to quit the game and reload. (At least I could still access the menu to go back to the main menu.)

veteran
veteran
Three more:

1) I Didn’t get the “Jake’s dog looks agitated” conversation to trigger until after I dig up the body.

2) Invisible Mayor.
I tried to use Rod as a distraction for Cecil, while Scarlett snuck into his living quarters. That didn’t work, I couldn’t leave Rod’s conversation until after Cecil decided to go downstairs. That really SHOULD have worked, though. Maybe that conversation should have a context-sensitive option that says “(Keep the mayor talking while Scarlett does something else.)” that auto-switches you to Scarlett?

Anyway, back to the story: I switched to her and got the hidden key, but when I tried opening the door, an invisible Cecil complained. He was still apparently behind his desk. He also complained about me throwing a book at him (I was trying to pick it up).

3) The state of monsters is not one of the things that reliably gets saved. I killed the triple boar encounter outside of a tunnel, and saved. I later loaded and the enemies there were alive again. I think loading saves may also reset some of the ownership flags to "not owned", I'll try to verify that.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Hi !
Here is what I found :
(hour for France)

12/18, 20:12 :
- When getting in the combat with the orcs at the first beach, AP points and turn order are not displayed, and impossible to cast spells or to attack. After some seconds, one of the guards will tell "Force End Turn !". The only possible way to finish the combat is to pass turn until the orcs are killed.
- After killing the two drunk guards at the beach, cannot talk to partner while "!" is displayed. The "!" will disappear after some tries.

12/18, 22:09 :
- Charmed "Wolf Horror" at the Lighthouse will keep on attacking player, even if its saving throw failed. He will still be considered like an enemy by the game though.

12/18, 23:01 :
- Guards will have Attitude -45 if dragued into battle against undead

12/18, 23:27 :
- If Jack the Chicken gets killed, he will tell "I thought I could trust you !" even if you don't have Pet Pal

12/19, 09:32 :
- After killing Ahru's SparkMaster, the Lighthouse Horror and both Mysterious Ennemies and rebooting the game, the Fantastic Five disappeared from the tavern.
- After rebooting the game, cannot teleport to the H.O.T.S.P.O.T

Last edited by Almarane; 19/12/13 08:37 AM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
The game froze up on me when I visited the top floor of Esmeralda's shop after having clicked on the rooster that was being painted. When I arrived at the top floor, half of the screen was taken up by a conversation log showing Cockaroo (the text that appears when you click on the rooster). The only action I could take is scroll through the log. I was forced to load a game.

journeyman
journeyman
Not sure of this has been reported already but thought I'd add it in.

When I started a new game information from previous saves were still present in the new game. I was able to travel to the homestead before meating Zixzax as well as having the options to question Arhu about things that doesn't happen til further into the alpha.

I'm also known as Tovarah.
T
stranger
stranger
T
The conversation at the bridge with the drunken guards got wierd, as Roderick ended up arguing with himself.

I started the conversation as Scarlet, and when they mentioned the wizard, I chose...sounds like a good idea!

Roderick then interrupted, with his three choices followed by "We'll do it your way". I believe I chose No, it might get the townsfolk against us (reason).

But then, Roderick spoke three choices again in arguement with himself. I think I chose the charm option.

Either way though, after Scarlet said the wizard was a good idea as her first choice, all the remaining lines were attributed to Roderick.

Thamin Trollsbane
Recruit officer, Rift chapter of Grievance
Co-Host, Debuffed: The Star Citizen Report
GrievanceGaming.org
N
stranger
stranger
N
Hello,

1) when magic pocketing an item from a chest, the chest explode.
2) the spark master 5000 universal controller does not operate in quest "arhus failed experiment" (i stealed the instruction manuel for the controller from arhu)
3) the game chrashes after killing these funny chest at 228:354

Overall is the game realy fun to play and reminds me a lot of Ultima.

Y
ypy Offline
stranger
stranger
Y
«Shell» pop up didn't disapper when I started a conversation with it. And I can't saw some of the words.

On the bridge I was talking to the drunk legioners, after I killed them I said some lines between main characters without moving anyway. And then dialog with drung legioners (that was dead by now) appears again.

I've been taking some screenshots to help with understanding of this issues (english isn't my native language so I could say crap without notice, but screenshots didn't lie).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30647147/screenshots%20Alpha%201.0.34.0%20.zip

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
I was able to completely fill my inventory, the problem is after it is full it keeps allowing you to pick up more items at which point become unavailable. Even after dropping and emptying the inventory the items you pick up don't appear.

stranger
stranger
Suggestion

Generate names for game saves automatically, something like location & time (with the option to edit them).

I'm not too good at explaining situational details, so I installed fraps and recorded these:

The synchronous fish that don't need water:

Talking icon when hovering over guard in combat (I don't think one would be able to initiate a conversation with someone who is being spanked by an Orc. hehe ):

Rather odd alignment quirk: killing an Orc (tested with all Orcs) in the first battle causes the guards to like you less? (First the alignment is 0, after the kill it is -45. Blame the YT transcode for the degraded quality and the fuzzy disposition numbers frown )

Last edited by Robrecht; 19/12/13 01:42 AM. Reason: vertical shortening

Weresheep of Original Sin: Facebook | homepage (WIP wink )
sheep is the plural of sheep oops
stranger
stranger
Hi Larian-Team,

here are my impressions of the Alpha, bugs i could find during the first moments and some suggestions :

-Game crashes all time if I want to go back from Character Creation to Main Menu

-I went into a house in town to talk to "Boris" Scarlett tried to talk to me ( exclamation mark over her head) but I can't close the dialogue window after talking to her, so I can't continue the game

-Game crashes also when I exit the game, I think that's wanted? ;-)

- Like said in your Announcing-Video of the Alpha would be great if you can implement a radius indicator for spells, so I can see how many steps i have to go, to cast a spell like "Teleportation" on an enemy or how many enemies I can hit by "Whirlwind"

- I can't see waves when I step in the water (Is that a feature of the final game?)

- At the beginning nearby the corpse on the right side there is an cave I think, but I cant see or find a door. Would be much easier if I can rotate the camera in an angle of 360 degree to look around.

- Is it normal that only one charakter has an Levelup but not the other after a won fight?

- Please insert a trading window for my two charakters, its a little bit laborious to take only one item in the Inventory, change the charakter over the arrow next to the charakter portrait and insert the item in the Inventory of the other charakter.

A splitted window yould be perfect or open the inventory of both charakters at the same time, to trade items, spells and of course buckets hehe

- The Alpha is wonderful, please stay as you are and keep the course!

I'm happy when it's raining.

Cause when I'm not happy it's raining also.
Originally Posted by Commander Keen
-Game crashes all time if I want to go back from Character Creation to Main Menu

*for me* this was fixed in alpha version 1.0.34.0 (update is a few hours old)

- I can't see waves when I step in the water (Is that a feature of the final game?)

This is not a feature of the final game.
(Currently, most water is treated as a "surface" which causes characters to run on water, and make water "stick" a bit to the environment on its edges.)

- The Alpha is wonderful, please stay as you are and keep the course!

I agree 100%!

stranger
stranger
Couple of things :
- Fog graphics are in rectangles (can show screenshots if you want)
- view doesn't scroll with mouse at edges in screen area where action bar is (middle of top & bottom side of screen)
- Conversation with 2 men -> when choice had to be made, my male protagonist was arguing with himself instead of with the female protagonist. (screenshots available if needed)
- female protagonist's hair clips through cap

stranger
stranger
Hi Robrecht!

Thank you for point on your Alpha Version.
Now I load the newest fix on Steam (I update my Steam games always manually - not ever a patch is an improvement I think) and now the crashes are gone!

All the places I saw currently are very atmospheric and beautiful, I think that's the reason I noticed the missing waves - would be nice but not necessary.

Nice Greetings!

I'm happy when it's raining.

Cause when I'm not happy it's raining also.
Crash to desktop when annoying the game by clicking places your character can not reach. Was able to reproduce this one from a loaded game. Did not yet try to reproduce from scratch, but norbyte just informed me he can reproduce it as well, and he's hundreds of miles away and doesn't have my savegames :hihi:.

As the bug report tool still is telling me that anything I do is cancelled, I'll attach the top of stack here:

> EoCApp.exe!ecl::UIEquipment::SetActivePlayerHandle(const ls::ObjectHandle & charHandle) Line 678 C++
EoCApp.exe!ecl::UIEquipment::Init() Line 120 C++
GameEngine.dll!ls::UIObject::SetLoaded() Line 489 C++
GameEngine.dll!ls::UIObjectManager::Update(float fDt) Line 174 + 0x7 bytes C++
EoCApp.exe!App::Update(const ls::GameTime & time) Line 451 C++
GameEngine.dll!BaseApp::OnIdle() Line 799 C++
EoCApp.exe!WinMain(HINSTANCE__ * hThisInst, HINSTANCE__ * __formal, char * lpszCmdLine, int nCmdShow) Line 268 C++
msvcr90.dll!64686293()
[Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded for msvcr90.dll]
<snip>

Last edited by Robrecht; 19/12/13 01:43 AM. Reason: vertical shortening

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
I placed a pyramid on the ground thinking it would work like in dd. However, when I found out it does not and went back to retrieve the pyramid it was no longer in the game world.

I noticed that using the savegames can be very confusing, currently. They seem to be sorted alphabetically, and not newest-save-first. There is only one single savegame screenshot available, which is from the newest savegame, and gets associated with the savegame on top of the list.

This one might be completely false alarm, but I still thought to include it because if the rope is intended to keep you from looting those barrels, it's failing. wink

Last edited by Robrecht; 19/12/13 01:44 AM. Reason: vertical shortening

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard