Page 3 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 29 30
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Larian_QA
People who are experiencing
- crash on startup
- resolutions not being recognized
- crashing on loading of a different level

please send your dxdiag.txt to supportdos@larian.com with a clear description of the problem

1. Click Windows Start button or press Windows and R keys.
2. Type DXDIAG in the Search bar (bottom left) or in Run window and press Enter key.
3. When the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window comes up, click 'Save All Information' button.
4. Save the DXDIAG report file and send it to us

Thank you. Done. Hope there Comes a solution soon

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by GeneralGonzo
Originally Posted by Khanach
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin
Originally Posted by Hey You
The alpha seems to be crashing whenever I try to start a new game. It's not immediate, it hangs on the loading screen for a bit and I can hear birds and things in the background and then the screen darkens just a tiny bit and then it crashes
Same here. And crash report tool can't send report for some reason. Firewall isn't blocking it, even tried to shut it down completely - no result. Here is error from crash window http://pastebin.com/NxnQPw9h

Yep, exact same problem here.

Same here ! The birds, then CTD ! The loading circle stops and flashes a bit, then it crashes after the Sound Begins. Disappointing, tried several times, always the same result.
My two problems as well. Dxdiag is on its way.

Proud Probatanthrope

Tor.com: Boob Plate Armor Would Kill You (cf. "ball plate armor" - Just think about it.)
S
stranger
stranger
S
Tried the alpha on my "for work" PC, and no crash on new game. The main difference is that it's a 64-bit system.

journeyman
journeyman
I suspect as much.

Proud Probatanthrope

Tor.com: Boob Plate Armor Would Kill You (cf. "ball plate armor" - Just think about it.)
S
stranger
stranger
S
So, after the patch, running as administrator, I'm able to start a new game, with a few crashes now and then. But after the creation screen, the game crashes every time.

apprentice
apprentice
Unfortunately after the patch same Problem remaining: CTD after main menu and then loading Screen. Though now thereseven no bird singing to hear.....so no Sound! Crash ! :-((((

You have my DXDIAG - hope you find some way to fix it....

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by GeneralGonzo
Unfortunately after the patch same Problem remaining: CTD after main menu and then loading Screen. Though now thereseven no bird singing to hear.....so no Sound! Crash ! :-((((

You have my DXDIAG - hope you find some way to fix it....

2nd try - birds sing again, oading goes faster, still CTD ! Never have seen any char creation Screen nor any ingame Scenes except for the menu :-/

C
stranger
stranger
C
crashed when entering cave behind lvl 7 Orc

both characters level 3 and no quest to go over there (and yes I killed all as level 3 facing big orc level 7) the key is having both characters knowing icewall laugh

put orc in ice wall and every time he cast flare he hits himself

stranger
stranger
Still no luck: new game loading, birds chirping, game crashing, report cancelling
I'll try again after next update (Steam says I played DOS for over an hour now, and still haven't seen even the character creation screen)

Originally Posted by Khanach
Steam says I played DOS for over an hour now, and still haven't seen even the character creation screen

We all applaud and appreciate your commitment to get that damn thing (tm) to work. wink Here's me hoping with you your issue gets resolved quickly!

Weresheep of Original Sin: Facebook | homepage (WIP wink )
sheep is the plural of sheep oops
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Chrescerya

both characters level 3 and no quest to go over there (and yes I killed all as level 3 facing big orc level 7) the key is having both characters knowing icewall laugh

That sounds like the AI needs tweaking so instead it uses physical strength to break the weak ice-wall and then you're in trouble because the cooldown for Icewall will take several turns.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Lost love of the lighthouse quest, crashes the game when it updates after speaking to Desdemona when you tell her about Samson sinking the ship and he is at the lighthouse.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Originally Posted by Chrescerya

That sounds like the AI needs tweaking so instead it uses physical strength to break the weak ice-wall and then you're in trouble because the cooldown for Icewall will take several turns.

Well he is inside ice wall so that might be the reason and no worries, died a few times to come up with the strategy laugh

but yeah, need that ice wall up 2 turns minimum so that CD on next character is finished and then can imprison him again

Cross post from other thread, as it is a crash to desktop bug not yet mentioned here:
Post476552

Weresheep of Original Sin: Facebook | homepage (WIP wink )
sheep is the plural of sheep oops
R
stranger
stranger
R
Originally Posted by Hey You
The alpha seems to be crashing whenever I try to start a new game. It's not immediate, it hangs on the loading screen for a bit and I can hear birds and things in the background and then the screen darkens just a tiny bit and then it crashes. I'm trying to play at 1920x1080, first using the Medium graphics preset and then again with Very Low. Neither worked.

I get the feeling it might have to do with my dual core processor? I remember Divinity: Dragon Commander had an issue at one point where the game would get choppy because there was a problem with dual cores so I wonder if maybe the alpha has a similar issue right now.

Here's my dxdiag:
http://pastebin.com/gdjBXeUq

I'm having the same (or very similar problem) (http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=476657&#Post476657)

Last edited by Raworahi; 19/12/13 12:00 PM.
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Skitnik
Tried the alpha on my "for work" PC, and no crash on new game. The main difference is that it's a 64-bit system.

It is indeed linked to 32-bit windows systems.
We're working on a solution.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Skitnik

It is indeed linked to 32-bit windows systems.

That would be really great !

stranger
stranger

Woooot! \o/

journeyman
journeyman
Baaaah! \o/

Proud Probatanthrope

D
stranger
stranger
D
I cannot choose the custom preset at the start up page

Page 3 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard