Print Thread
D
Divil Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Hi all!

I've had my share of problems now when (FINALLY!!!) being able to play this amazing game once again since my childhood. Most problems such as effects has been solvable through re-installing in steam and such. But, there is still two things that I still can't be able to fix...

Missing boy. I've killed the vampire and freed the boy. I've completed the quest with the knight but still the quest "missing boy" that I got from the random appearing lady is still there. How can I fix that? Why haven't I completed this quest ? :S

Georges murder. I've talked to the vampire in verdistis about the murder and got "Speak to mardanius about georges murder" in my quest log. Bet when talking to mardanius I can't speak wit hhim about it. Again, what's wrong? How can I fix this? I've already saved past this unfortunately so is there a way?

Support
Support

Did you talk to the mother again? Caroline should be in or near the area west of Dr Elrath's house.

Is Mardaneus still in Aleroth? Some people have reported problems with finishing that quest after he moves. Some haven't had this problem, so if he is still in Aleroth, you could try waiting until you ask him to leave, or after he leaves, and see if the dialog option to tell him about the murder shows up in either conversation.
You can use the technique in the topic FIX for broken Imp Council Member quest to finish this quest.

Welcome to the forum. wave

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Quoted from here:
Bugfixes addressed in V1.33
Fixed:Cannot tell Mardaneus you found Georges murderer in the COS

Georges murder quest can be solved only in Retail 3CD game version (1.0029A) patched to 1.0033A or 1.0034A. This quest is broken in all modern releases of DD (GoG, Steam, ...)

Support
Support

Tarnum;
This quest is not broken in the download version. It is possible to have an issue completing it, just like it is possible in the disk version (even when updated).

Divil;
Did you refuse to get George the Drudanae herb at the start of the game? At least in the unpatched disk version that would break the murder quest, even if you later brought him his fix. The disk patch notes only specifically mention a fix for reporting the murder after Mardaneus leaves Aleroth, so I'm not sure if the problem of refusing George's request was fixed (if it was, it may or may not be fixed in the download version).

D
Divil Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Hi, Sorry for the late reply.

Yes, unfortunately I did refuse to give him it when asked at first.
But later gave him the herbs anyway.
As so Mardanius he don't give me the chance to get him to move out. Which is strange to. I do still own the old (original) ver of the game (which don't work with win 7 for me) but as mentioned if patching to high with that the quest bugged out completely.
So I find it very strange that it does with the steam version.
So what do I have to do to make him get out of the healers village?
I'm gonna try the imp fix first if it can possibly fix this for me.
But if it doesn't then I'm gonna try when he's left the village.

Thanks for saying where I find her. Been looking all over the place for her. Haven't talked to her yet as I just read your reply but hopefully it will fix it by talking to her laugh

D
Divil Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
I found Carol and finished the quest!
Thanks for that help.

As for mardanius again, the only three options I get is the following:

1. Can you explain me why you've got problems with the source?
2. Can you heal me?
3. If I need something, I'll come back again.

So is it completely screwed up? Or is there still a chance?
Since I'm like 20H into the game on the same play through I'm really not in the mood to start all over. But it still annoys me greatly that there seems to be no way in finding a solution to this otherwise.... : /

Support
Support

There is still a chance the imp fix procedure will allow the murder quest to be finished, though I'm not sure if anyone has tried it in the download version of the game.

Mardaneus doesn't move until you complete one of the council quests (which is after going to the castle, leaving, finding Zandalor and doing a couple other things).

If the fix doesn't work, you could always use iZakaroN's SaveEditor (or from Kiya's site, with description) to give yourself a skill point to put into Restoration, to match the reward you would have gotten for completing the quest. I'd have to load an old save at that point to check how much experience is given (which depends on character level).

D
Divil Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Well, I'll have to try that when I'm done with the bitch's dungeon that for some reason is way to difficult. I don't remember it being this ridiculous back in the day rly... 1 Lord Conjurer and 7 lich poops up every now and then like a normal pull... Sigh...

But, yea I'll try when I've moved mardanius since he seems to not work normally atm.
Also, does iZakaroN's SaveEditor edit quests so that I don't have to have "found georges murderer" in my quest log for eternity ?
I got 4 points in restoration already and I'm at lvl 27 or so atm so not really 100% focused on the xp and restoration point. But it's extremely annoying to have the quest in the quest log forever.

Support
Support

The save editor can not edit quests, just some character data. AFAIK there isn't any way to remove a specific entry, but the quest log does get cleared when you move to the wastelands for the end section of the game.

veteran
veteran
Good luck Divil !
I believe one day you start DD and clic on New Game ! wink
O, DD is soooo addictive ! The moments in my life I don't play DD every day are days I'm simple afraid to start up DD because then I play back every day (or play it in my memories or dreams !) !

What's most fun: be afraid of becoming back addictive or to be addictive and play ?
To Play of course, but ... there is more in life than only Ages of Rivellion Dimentions ...

Hmm ... best not to think about it stop thinking about the Divnity Universe if the Universe have taken possession of Your Mind ! You will NOT find a Cure, how much healing potions or other herbs you try to brew yourself a cure potion, you loose friend ! Don't even Think about it to give it a try ... you loose !

That's the Story of Joram,
His Mind full of the Divnity Universum
Till the end of Ages ! hahaha

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by Raze

There is still a chance the imp fix procedure will allow the murder quest to be finished, though I'm not sure if anyone has tried it in the download version of the game.

I tried it using the dialog.000 from the link you supplied. Following your steps, I got the dialogue to tell Mardaneus of George's murder. So it seems to have worked - I got the XP and restoration level - but . . .

Now, I don't know whether it's related to this "fix" or not#, but the game doesn't keep track of bonuses on my items and I am now at -65 on all resistances while naked.

#it's not. it started with the dragon armor.

Last edited by cybersquirt; 18/12/13 07:56 AM.
Support
Support

Thanks for the feedback about the dialog fix. I replied about your resistance problem in your other topic.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard