Some things strike me as weird or
outright wrong. Many talents just add
a point to a given skill, but there's a
talent that gives you two skill points
for any skill. Defeats the purpose of
the majority of talents. Doesn't it?

And there's a talent that adds acion points
("fleet footed" I think) and another that
raises the max action points ("rosy cheeked")
Aren't they the same thing???

Lastly... who WOULDN'T take Pet Pal? I mean,
you lose out on a ton of content!

veteran
veteran
Did you post this on a cell phone?

- You can only take the skilled talent once, so no it doesn't defeat the purpose of the other talents.
- Yes, there are two different talents that give you a single AP. So what's the problem, exactly? Yeah, they both do the same thing, but it's a useful thing, and they stack.
- So far, I've seen Pet Pal useful for a back-and-forth quest for cat romance, and you can optionally talk to Jake's dog who gives you a hint, but to progress, you still have to perform the same action even if you never take Pet Pal. You do have a point that Pet Pal is a good choice - most of the talents aren't thrilling.

P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
No, I posted this on a computer probably worth more than yours.
WTF is with this aggression? Did you forget your medication this morning?

As for your "points" they can make what the hell ever they want as talents, they can have 15 talents that all change the shape of your models butt, but that doesn't mean it makes sense in the traditional way these things are done.

USUALLY talents all are either equal in what they give you, or unique enough that they cannot be compared. Making one skill better than 70% of the rest by pure math is a mistake and at odds with every RPG that ever had a similar system in place. Fact.

As for two identical talents... again, why stop there? have EVERY skill have 3 or 4 identical copies?! Why? Because the entire point is to have each talent be unique in and of itself. When you have talents that are identical, then that is superfluous and an error. There's a reason no other game has ever done this. It's boring. It's boring having copies of talents or having one that outstrips the usefulness of the other talents mathematically. It's basic bad design.

Now take your medication, that's a good lad.

Last edited by PegasusOrgans; 19/12/13 10:19 AM.
Originally Posted by PegasusOrgans
No, I posted this on a computer ...

I think stabbey is just curious as to why your previous post is formatted using what looks like fixed-width lines. wink

Weresheep of Original Sin: Facebook | homepage (WIP wink )
sheep is the plural of sheep oops
A
addict
addict
A
Has anyone figured out how to change starting skills if you're making a custom build?
So far you can only have copied skills from adjacent fighter and mage archetypes.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Aramintai
Has anyone figured out how to change starting skills if you're making a custom build?
So far you can only have copied skills from adjacent fighter and mage archetypes.

You can't freely chose the Active skills/Spells you want, but you can customize the 3 classes Talents and Points. Just chose the class you want to play and then change the Attributes, skills etc and it will switch to a Custom class automatically.

Once ingame you can buy skillbooks and change a Mage into a Mage/Ranger combo for example if you want.

journeyman
journeyman
No, I posted this on a computer probably worth more than yours.

What Robrecht said. Obviously so, I may add.

WTF is with this aggression? Did you forget your medication this morning?

O...kay... (o.Ô)

Proud Probatanthrope

Tor.com: Boob Plate Armor Would Kill You (cf. "ball plate armor" - Just think about it.)

Link Copied to Clipboard