Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
A couple of things I've noticed when playing:
Dialogue with guards at bridge: Still says in league with the orcs and prepare to fight even when I chose to go with them with both characters (have an alternate save where I fought them).
Dialogue with 3 fishermen: Still says couldn't save the burning ship even though I used rain spell to save it (have an alternate save where the ship actually burned down).
The door near the crab fight: was able to move into solid rock when walking towards door.
Initial loading to the character creation screen takes a while.
Character names don't save, still called Scarlett and Roderick even though I clearly named them Amaryia and Sir Brutus
After successful flee from battle character that enacted flee cannot move. Was in market place and used Scarlett to flee and she was unable to move afterwards.
If you fill your inventory slots with one character and keep getting more items they will be "lost". If you go to a merchant you can still see them and sell them. Although I have a pumpkin in a slot that I can't access in my normal inventory and can't sell to merchant to take back out of buying window to move to another slot.
An auto sort button would be nice.
Even when I was given permission to enter the locked room in the guard house and the door opens I was refused access.

veteran
veteran
Spoilerish bug:

I was doing the "Cecil's Mighty Staff" quest, and I completed it. To do that, I had to
kill a guy called Dietmar and his thugs.

That added an erroneous log entry for a DIFFERENT quest: "A Mysterious Murder": It mentions that
we followed an entry in Evelyn's diary, but met Dietmar and his thugs and had to kill them. Except that I have never read Evelyn's diary. I couldn't even get into her house.

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
Container window dont auto-close when you move away from that container. Basically you can run with few extra inventories smile

Telekinesis can move empty crates, but empty barrels can not be moved due to limited strength:

Completed quest log filter does not hide quests that have been completed since the last toggle of the option:

Weresheep of Original Sin: Facebook | homepage (WIP wink )
sheep is the plural of sheep oops
stranger
stranger
I was looking at a vendor and then clicked on the other character's portrait, thinking that maybe it would change to show their stuff, I heard the character swapping sound, but nothing changed on the vendor screen.

I closed the vendor screen and when it went back to the dialog there was a long gap between the dialog history and the "Take my leave" option. The option was grayed out an unclickable. I was unable to leave the dialog window and had to exit the game.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Loving this game. smile

I can use the '1' to '8' keys on my keyboard to select dialog options, but if there are more than 8 choices (chats with citizens/vendors/etc have up to 10) I am not able to press '9' or '0' to choose the 9th and 10th dialog option.

No punctuation is allowed on map markers. I wish I could use at least a few like apostrophe (') to write markers like "Evelyn's house". Similarly it would be nice to use punctuations in save game names.

One time when I first talked to Clodius with Scarlett, then immediately afterwards I use her to talk to Claudius. The conversation box came up but it was totally empty. I could not do anything and had to reload. It did not repro.

I found what could be a bug in Esmerelda's cellar:
In the room with the hidden button, I could see the Bloody Dagger when I press the ALT key, but if I don't, I could never seem to get the mouse to show the dagger around where the table is. The only way to pick it up was to press ALT and click on the item name.

One time the game crashed when I tried to combine an arrowhead with an arrow shaft. This was after I picked the items up after killing all the people in the square. After getting back into the game, the same combination gave me some stunning arrows.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Lost love at the Lighthouse. I cannot complete this quest. Desdemona, upon telling her about her love, she teleports and I assume (attempts to teleport you as well). The first time she teleported just one of my characters, leaving me stranded where she was with my other character. The portrait for that character she whisked away was just gone, no way of figuring out what happened. Every time thereafter the game just promptly crashes on me. I cannot for the life of me complete this quest at all.

I also cannot send in feedback, it just refuses to let me, I always have to select 'no thanks', no matter what I do. I fill in the information asked for and when I select send, nothing happens.

The game crashes a lot when I try to save, the only time it doesn't crash is with quick save. It also doesn't always save when I try to manually save, I have to click the save button anywhere from 10-100 times to get it to recognize that I've saved the game.

The second 'ring' slot doesn't seem to work, if I try to drag a ring into that slot it removes the already equipped ring. Is that not a second ring slot?

The warrior rush ability, allows you to move through solid objects, including locked doors.

Sometimes when you quick save, the camera will panel off into pure blackness.

When moving from area to area the camera doesn't adjust accordingly, when I go from the city to the wilderness, at times my characters look like they are a thousand miles away and you can't scope back in, it doesn't eventually adjust itself.

You can friendly fire on guards, while they are engaged with other enemies as much as you like. It doesn't seem to impact your reputation or anger them any. Haven't tried killing any of them as of yet, but I have smacked a guard 3-4 times in the back while he was engaged with an orc during the first battle outside the city. And... he didn't seem to care, though he did yell a few times. You'd think after the first time he'd of smacked me back.

Items randomly vanish from your inventory upon loading, even if the game doesn't 'set you back', continuing from where you left off, you are still missing items. Kind of weird as it's pretty random.

Someone mentioned looting the fisherman's fish, well... the legionnaire's also don't seem to care if you loot all of their chests in their training camp. They just wander around, without a care in the world. (Thanks for the loots!)

My archer is stealing all my experience, didn't realize until now. But, if you kill an enemy from afar, it seems only that character who killed the creature will earn experience points. I was wondering why it took 4 kills to gain 75 experience points when I was getting 2,000 an enemy. :P

Last edited by Loranc; 19/12/13 09:09 AM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
Putting this here since my bug reports are being "cancelled" by the provided method.

-

I have twice confirmed this. Upon entering Black Cove both character portraits vanish. Needless to say, combat is difficult, but the real problem is upon clicking in the area where the portraits once were, the game freezes and crashes.

The yellow exclamation marks that appear above either characters head have a tendency to stick there forever. I even witness them breaking free from my character's head and moving around on their own before being magnetically pulled back over head. This happens quite often.

There is one possibly game breaking issue. NPCs seem to find reasons to dislike you at random, and when Mayor Cecil deemed me unworthy of his favour, I was unable to speak with him (much less walk by his house!) without being attacked. When I did finally engage him in conversation, I was unable to offer him a gift in return for disposition increase. The conversation would end, and he then proceeded to attack me again. This happens with all other NPCs of similar disposition.

Many enemies do not seem to have combat AI set for them. They will spend their turn gawking blankly until the game forces their turn. Needless to say, this is tedious and rather annoying.

Spells cast on raised surfaces, such as a wooden platform and staircase, do not register decals properly, but instead place them on the ground underneath the platform. This happened notably when casting a fire spell, which leaves a trail of burning fire in its wake.

-

Good luck bug solving!

Enjoying the game immensely so far!

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Anubis4545

There is one possibly game breaking issue. NPCs seem to find reasons to dislike you at random, and when Mayor Cecil deemed me unworthy of his favour, I was unable to speak with him (much less walk by his house!) without being attacked. When I did finally engage him in conversation, I was unable to offer him a gift in return for disposition increase. The conversation would end, and he then proceeded to attack me again. This happens with all other NPCs of similar disposition.

I have noticed this as well. The Duke of Ferol has taken an immense disliking to Scarlett (who has never spoken to him, much less attacked him) and won't even talk to her. Thankfully Roderick can still have conversations with him so I can proceed with the quest, but I've had this problem with other NPCs too.

M
stranger
stranger
M
First, sorry for my english writing wink

I hope this is the right thread for things like this:
Climbing up the the mast to check for some more orcs
[Linked Image]

Can't see my party.
[Linked Image]

The cursor is not working as it should in this menu
[Linked Image]

And final here a suggestion/question:
Why is it on one side possible to wear a bucket as a helmet but on the other side not a shovel as weapon?

Last edited by McDrake; 19/12/13 09:43 AM.
C
stranger
stranger
C
2 other bug : the game crash every time I cook food in the furnace, and when I use a knife on potatoes.

T
stranger
stranger
T
[Bug] cooking fish

This is reproductible

In Cyseal at the mobile kitchen : after cooking a fish, when i cook a second one, the game crash

G
stranger
stranger
G
I'd like dialogue to be colour coded so you can tell what you have already said.

Example colours...
Red = already said.
Orange = leads to more chat options (some said, some not yet said).
Green = not yet spoken.

Also ESC key should end dialogue, close all containers and game and menu windows.Pressing it with nothing open should then pull up the menu.

L
stranger
stranger
L
- The homestead is messed up for me. There's only some sky-like texture above everything else. When I save, the thumbnail for my savegame looks fine.

[Linked Image]

- Thumbnails linger in front of other menus or even the main menu

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Laulajatar; 19/12/13 11:22 AM.
G
G
Hi Team,
Want to take the time to write down a couple of things I've experienced and things I noticed. Allot of them you probably already have noted and some feedback is here already.

Crashed while trying to create a potion with Mushroom and Potion Bottle.

Also just in general crafting at this point isn't very intuitive since you don't quite know when you are changing places between items and when you are actually trying to craft something since both require the action of moving one thing ontop of another.

Also had an issue when leveling up, the level up arrow continued to show even though there didn't seem to be anything I could increase.

Using the middle mouse button to turn the world view is quite difficult and often simply moves the screen to a weird location.

WeresheepVampire of Original Sin
WoOS - https://weresheep.net/doku.php
veteran
veteran
Crashed while trying to create a potion with Mushroom and Potion Bottle.

In Cyseal at the mobile kitchen : after cooking a fish, when i cook a second one, the game crash

Not related to particular combo, mixing is just unstable in general, I've always had crashes for any action of such sort.

stranger
stranger
most importantly... thanks for the great game!

I read alot of what the others wrote so far, here are some additional thoughts...

- scrolling the world view down with the mouse doesn´t work - only after scrolling sideways or up before. Scrolling/ positioning the view in general isn´t easy - often the view accellarates to fast and shoots over the point you were aiming fore.

- The running amimation doesn´t feel right. Maybe it´t becauce the steps seem unnormaly long or there is a little limping with the animation. It´s funny, but in the beginning this was akward to watch the chars running - after some time I don´t look at it anymore or got used to it.

- I´m playing a Worrior/Mage Duo and I must say... the worrior is the packmule and the Mage is doing 98% of the damage. Maybe it´s my playstyle, because I don´t rush the enemy, but cast and retreat... cast and retreat - this way enemies seldom cause any damage and can easily be outrun.

- I like the way you hadle spellcasting without mana. The cooldown of spells is good and as long as you have enough action points to outrun everbody, you win. No mana-micromangement is great!

- I love the way you quest system works - no taking the player by the hand... One little thing, that would make things easier, would be to add the names of buildings and persons, you met on the map. This way, I don´t have to remember the names and it makes revisiting much easier.

- more in general... combat is often a supprise, there are occasions where you can see it coming, but most of te time, while exploring combat jumps on you. It has do do with the fog of war being uncovered at the same time combat starts. Is that intentional? I found that the marching order plays a big difference, while starting combat. If the worrior is in front, the first thing I normaly do is to move him out of the spellcasters way, so that he won´t get hit by the sell following. This made me change the marching order to let the caster take the lead. Friedly fire is a good concept, but leads to making the fighter less usefull. Spells are very poverfull - especialy the ice spell, so combat is mostly reduced to positioning the mage to the best spot to onehit almost everything. If you play without mage, things certainly look completely different.

- I very much enjoy the writing! Actualy npcs are mostly fix to their position and waiting to be clicked at. This may change with the scedules and day night cicle... I´ve recently played Risen I and one thing I like about that game is, how nps and the questmap are handled. Quest related people are named dots on the map but also move arround alot. This makes the game more realistic and finding npcs easier.

- other stuff... npcs are facing to the wall, while talking to you; A bow dissapeared from the inventory; learning skills from books you bought, dosn´t always work e.g. open lock; exchanging items between the two chars in the inventory is tiresome - draging things on the icon; also closing the empty containers would be easier, if the mouse pointer was already positioned over the "take all" button.

Apart from this I am enjoying myfself alot! Have a great X-Mas break! Cheers!

Last edited by Spice; 19/12/13 01:49 PM.
E
stranger
stranger
E
I met a NPC called Wulfram in the zone with the undead.
I agreed to take him back to the town.
There was a hatch next to him.
I went down, went up then saved.

When I loaded the saved game, Wulfram went south and met a monster named "Undead killer".
The game is then stuck with an infinite loop of "Force end turn" appearing on the screen.

A
stranger
stranger
A
New bugs found :

- When you dig the orc's tomb on the second beach, you cannot find his armor
- Characters' portraits missing when you go in the Black Cove (reloading a save inside the Black Cove resolves this problem)
- In Black Cove, when the characters spot the electric cloud's trap, it becomes impossible to moove the Orc Corpses and barils ("not enough strength" displayed, even if they are empty. Tried with an Intelligence 7 Telekinesis)
- The Orcs and Pirate Skeletons just after the electric cloud's trap are displayed Friendly on the mini-map, then turn Hostile when the characters come near them

R
stranger
stranger
R
Bugs:

-The inactive character can get stuck while the active one is talking to an NPC. When leaving the dialogue screen and selecting the stuck character, that character is still in dialogue mode but without dialogue choices.

-It is possible to use the warrior's "Rush" skill to get past locked doors... without even damaging them.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard