Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
enthusiast
enthusiast
These are my bugs so far (at least, the not-obvious ones)

* Repeatedly left-right clicking on the rain scroll found at the very beginning caused a not-respondive pc (had to reset power)

* First time I used the pyramids, both characters were teleported into the bathroom.

* Teleporting the spark machine (arhu's) next to the scaffolding behind caused it to freeze and so it never fought back (it did complete it's turn in combat though, jus wait a few seconds while nothing's happening)

* One of the demons at the 4 statues slid down the hill, to re-emerge at the top of it (i was firing from the foot of the hill)

* Air element disappeared using it to awaken one of the statues, but the sprite remained

* Arhu trying to kill my 2 characters (was it because he spotted me stealing something or because i used the self-destruct function on the controller?) but only managed to kill one. Could not revive the second one, tried the resurrection scroll but could not select character

* When taking the sheep from the coffin, the dog died. Characters said something about 'should be more careful with our weapons'

That being sad, I greatly enjoyed the game so far.

Last edited by Lotrotk; 19/12/13 01:44 PM.
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Mobile kitchen bug:

Repeatability: yes

When you use a cooking pot with a fireplace, the mobile kitchen appears in a random place on the screen but not over the fireplace. If you then use a fish with the mobile kitchen you get a dinner in your inventory. However, if you try to use the second fish with the mobile kitchen, the game crashes to desktop.

veteran
veteran
I was playing around with two warriors. I decided that speccing one as a 2H user and having one of them use a 2H axe was too unbalancing and made it too easy so I decided to start over. I was after the point where you have visited the homestead. I quit to the main menu and hit new game.

When I reached the beach waypoint, I saw that I had all the waypoints from my previous game on the list - Start, Harbour, North Gate. The good news was that I couldn't use those. I reached the harbour and activated that waypoint. I then tried to return to the beach one - I couldn't. It was then that I noticed that I had the "Go to Homestead" button on my list. That worked and it took me there, where Zixzax asked about my progress. In this game I hadn't even entered Cyseal proper yet.

C
stranger
stranger
C
now into the more stupid things I did ingame, this must be the best and generated a bug from it laugh

Wen I reached level 5, I was still full of anger toward Arhu for last whipe so was gone try some tactic to kill him laugh

good news, he died wink bad news is that cause game bugged, I ice-wall him and he doesn't get frozen, result is he use lightning and kills both chars, but Roderick turns immortal after that respawning with very little health every time he died smile

now this also showed that the silence skill of the ranger didn't work, even if he said that succeed, still got lightning up my ss, also noticed that Arhu is very strong vs magic, but weak versus ranger wink

but once he died the game just never stopped combat and female character was still dead on floor even after going down the stairs, just showed up dead at bottom of stairs...

Edit: Ranger just killed his sorry ass :p LOSER Arhu laugh

Last edited by Chrescerya; 19/12/13 03:44 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
During a play-through in which we had to kill the bridge guards, another guard went looking for them after the orc fight. We followed to see what he'd do. While he stood staring at the dead guards, and we couldn't talk to him, I decided to "kill the witness" and see what happened. We damaged him, but he didn't fight back. Left him there wounded and went on to the main gate.

Immediately after my discussion with Arhu at the gate, the wounded guard way back at the bridge initiated combat. It only lasted one round and ended, perhaps because he was so far away.

In feedback notes, Scarlett picked up a fishing pole that was better than her starting staff. That was amusing to watch in combat.

Thamin Trollsbane
Recruit officer, Rift chapter of Grievance
Co-Host, Debuffed: The Star Citizen Report
GrievanceGaming.org
veteran
veteran
I'm not sure this is the exact cause, but I think speeding through dialogues can sometimes trigger getting repeated "trait" bonuses from your previous conversation. You see stats pop up above the characters "Altruistic + 1" / "Materialistic +1" and those do stack with your existing bonuses. I'm not sure what the cause of that is.

I also decided to start a fight with the legionnaires to see if I could do it at level 2 (answer: no). I did it with the 3 guards at the north gate. A fourth one ran in and the fight started. I hit the fourth one, and the next turn, his circle turned yellow, and mousing over him gave the red "friendly fire" icon. He was still on the legions side, though.

After Roderick got killed (he started the fight), it was Scarlett's turn. I told her to sheathe her weapon, and now she can't move, can't attack, and is still stuck in combat. I have to reload.

Last edited by Stabbey; 19/12/13 07:17 PM. Reason: stuck in combat
A
apprentice
apprentice
A
I figured out the burial mound puzzle, btw love it, however, it did not seem to update my quest log I have for it.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Loranc

Items randomly vanish from your inventory upon loading, even if the game doesn't 'set you back', continuing from where you left off, you are still missing items. Kind of weird as it's pretty random.

Not just from your inventory it seems, but from your equipment as well. Roderick just lost that hilariously oversized bow of his, and even reverting to an older savegame didn't help, it's gone.

stranger
stranger
- couldn`t equipe a ring with an requirment of intelligence 7. I had 8 Points in intellegence as my base state at that time.

- In the quest "The Crowd Warmer" I couldn?t talk to Cedric and tell him that I hired the crowd warmer for him. Maybe not a bug?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Hi .. ehm, my first post here so sorry if this is somehow wrong.. I have discovered 2 issues

Firstly, in the first city near the hospital area, there about start major fps drop for some unknown reason, further next to that the Potion Vendor (x280 y163) can't be talked to for some reason.

Secondly, at x248 y175 after talking to the guild guy (funny dialog) and walking inside that building and talking to the cat first, the END text overlaps with the previous dialog text. And this creates another issue.

After talking to the guild guy at the entrance again, the dialog just says (Novak: Leave me Alone) with no way to close the dialog or continue.

Third, At the place you get the teleporter pyramids, at the town portal, if you draw your weapons in the short time between dialog end and appearing of the "teleport" window, you get talked to by a question mark, asking you to sheath your weapons or report to some council or some such.. now the problem here is.. this blocks clicking on the teleport window (1) and (2) the weapon isn't actually drawn... and Zyzexx is not the one saying this either.

I hope this is helpful wink

Also... mouse scrolling at screen edges does NOT work when an GUI interface element is in that place. (Ie, the bar at the bottom, the minimap attachment point in the upper right).

Last edited by eRe4s3r; 19/12/13 09:52 PM. Reason: Thought of something else
stranger
stranger
Build 1.0.45 - Character Creation

Armour / gloves / boots can be customized in character creation

Customization only works for Armour.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard