Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
B
I haven't experienced any instability or crashes so far - that said, I haven't tried crafting yet. The game also feels much better with the music and updated sound effects.

I know these have all been mentioned before, but the three main bugs hampering my enjoyment right now are:

- Fog of war resetting every time you load or exit a building
- New completed quests not automatically being filtered
- Not being able to scroll down if your cursor is near the skill bar

Sadly, none of this has been patched yet.

G
G
Crafting get's you better stuff X-Tasty,
just made an axe with 288-302 and a scyth with 190-408 damage smile
go to the forge and then drop an axe into the forge which will give you an ingot then take the ingot and put it on the anvil..

Although results seem pretty random at this point in time in what you get... I got some good stuff and some bad stuff, but then at this point you can infinity reforge items by simply "smelting" the axe back.

WeresheepVampire of Original Sin
WoOS - https://weresheep.net/doku.php
journeyman
journeyman
Crafting: combining bear hide and the dagger that is in Roderick's pockets from the start makes the game crash.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
So I guess I should restart instead of loading a saved game also after the latest music update?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by El Zoido
So I guess I should restart instead of loading a saved game also after the latest music update?

Try it. If it crashes when loading, then you need to restart, yes.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Well it loads, but on a certain other side in the dimly lit regions of the net, one of the Larian guys said after the 1.0.45 update that saves might load but strange things will happen, so I'm not sure what to do...

veteran
veteran
Oh, yes, you should not load any saved games from before the 1.45 patch. You're probably okay to load 1.45 games in 1.47, I think that only added music. Be glad that you can load - I can't.

G
G
didn't really have any issues with loading saves from earlier patches, just some items were a bit funky for the rest it's working fine.

WeresheepVampire of Original Sin
WoOS - https://weresheep.net/doku.php
journeyman
journeyman
While trying to attack Esmerelda's chest in the Inn, it bounced out the room and eventually out through the back wall and into the street. Weird. Also, after talking and trading with the spellbook seller in the market, when I returned to him later neither character was able to enter into either conversation or trade with him.

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch
C
stranger
stranger
C
Haven't seen this mentioned and maybe there's something I'm missing but...
Started new game.
Playing around with wizard skills - killing the other character gets you both xp.
However...

If you kill both characters at the same time (ie with a fireball), seems to be stuck in combat with them both dead - and there's no 'game over' or restart or anything. Just both character portraits sit there with a skull beside them and nothing ever seems to advance from there - only option was to quit out and restart the game entirely.

stranger
stranger
While being invited to join the fabolous five I needed to switch characters to continue the dialoge.

Everytime when a character gave a negative statment about the offer he no longer could continue the dialoge only the character that replied positivly could advance the dialoge.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
*I noticed the dialogue bug Ancoron described as well...
*Also music is acting a bit wonky. In comat I get both the ambient and the combat music playing simultaneously.
*Just had to restart because audio was bugging out completely all of a sudden.
*Every pile of gold I pick up is treated as a separate item, I can't combine them.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
A work around for the crafting multiple items crash: Carry around a barrel and keep your items in there and when you craft a stackable item place it in barrel and then craft the next one. When you take the item out of the barrel and back into your inventory it'll stack and then place it back in the barrel. Once you have a barrel in your inventory slot just right click to open and add things to it.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Some issues I'm seeing on the 1.0.47 build:
  • When I load a saved game, Scarlett doesn't follow Roderick even though their icons are chained together until I first switch to her and then switch back.
  • In the marketplace, Roderick slipped on some ice (from a battle long ago when I killed some citizens - not sure why the ice remained in the first place). While he was down Scarlett walked into the mayor's house. Roderick appeared so I switched to him to talk to the cat. I noticed Scarlett was missing and when I switched to her, suddenly both of them were back near the ice where Roderick slipped on.

journeyman
journeyman
Advancing stats past 10 doesn't seem to work. Scarlett just levelled up and I wanted to raise her intelligence to 11. I could allocate the point and click OK, but her intelligence got reset to 10 immediately and the point was gone.

Edit: When I restarted the game after a crash and reloaded the save, levelling up went as it should. Not sure what caused that hiccup the first time...

Last edited by Nimue_de; 21/12/13 11:25 AM.
addict
addict
The game crahes if you sneak and then save and then reload. DO NOT SAVE WHILE SNEAKING !!!!

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Bug in the very first crab fight:

When the crab matriarch summons a new crab, it does not necessarily also joins the fight if the distance between the crab matriarch and the both characters is too large (eg. wizard and ranger combination)

Legionnaires and orcs:

Sometimes a legionnaire would try to attack an orc which has been killed by my character in the previous turn.

Not sure whether this is a loot bug or not: I have just entered Cyseal in a new playthrough but have already found something like 15 animal hides in the crates and containers.

Last edited by Elwyn; 21/12/13 01:52 PM.
veteran
veteran
- If a summon, like a Fire Elemental lands the killing blow to end combat (and maybe still has AP left over), you remain in control over it when real-time resumes. This is not a problem, except that you can tell it can pick up items, and it will do so, and when the summon duration ends, the elemental dies, and the items vanish back into the ether. So the elementals shouldn't be allowed to pick up items.

- Elementals can get XP in combat. That probably shouldn't happen.

- I was reorganizing my skill bar. I had moved the "Healing" skill to one place on the bar, and I later tried to drag a Summon Earth Elemental Scroll to another place on the bar, and the icon for dragging it showed the Healing icon.

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
First post edited

Note 1 : Keep in mind that this is a bug reports' thread ! I won't add your suggestions in the first post to make the reports clearer for the devs =)

Note 2 : I won't be able to do this after the Christmas's Holydays D= Can someone do this after the next patch ?

Almarane #476995 21/12/13 05:56 PM
stranger
stranger
Sailor at x:242 y:-6 (or any sailor on docks)
Response (#2) to: 5. Can you tell me about the attacks upon the harbour.
"That burnng ship.." > "That burning ship..."
Also, "armageddon" > "Armageddon"
Consider changing "harbour" (British spelling) to "harbor"

ZixZax x:139 y:51
"Follow me the observatory post haste." >
"Follow me to the observatory post haste."

Pablo x:253 y:30
Response to 5. Tell me about the Legion.
"Thanks to the legion there's hasn't been..." >
"Thanks to the legion there hasn't been..."
Also, "Legion" capitalized or lowercase throughout?

Cecil x:742 y:203
"Yes, Vicotoria's come a long way" (both name spelling and possessive) >
"Yes, Victoria has come a long way."

Jahan
"JoinParty" > "Join Party"

EDIT:
Septimus x:317 y:185
"And the Cysaelians..." > "And the Cysealians..."
"...with such horros haunting..." > "...with such horrors haunting..."

Last edited by zentr; 21/12/13 06:43 PM.
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard