Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
Cutter Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
C
In fact I've had to turn it off completely. I don't understand where you guys are going with this. It ranges from smoky jazz on a rainy Sunday afternoon, to New Age, to 80s Euro glam rock. None of these thing are bad in and of themself in the right setting. However, a classic fantasy CRPG is not one of them. I'm thinking more on the order of Basil Poledouris' Conan score. That or more classically medieval music you'd hear at an inn - or a combination of both. What would Star Wars be with John Williams' score? Heck just go to Youtube and search for medieval music to check out some music from the Middle Ages. Much more conducive to a fantasy CRPG.
Unless this is placeholder music, I'd say your score is waaaaay off base. Loving everything else so far, but this just isn't working for me.

Midget Soothsayer robs Bank! Small Medium at Large!
B
stranger
stranger
B
Maybe I'm in the minority, but when I first heard the music in this game, I immediately stopped and just stood there listening. I absolutely loved it.

veteran
veteran
Oh wow, placeholder music does not live up to (not yet recorded) orchestra expectations or final version. Alt+F4 then.

stranger
stranger
Sometimes the music dosn`t fit the mood when I run through the town and there is something that sounds like battle music is playing than that has nothing to do with placeholder music looks like there needs to be defined when whice music should play.

He just states his opinion no need to be so aggressive about that. Music will probably get better later on and fit the mood better or so I hope.

T
stranger
stranger
T
In a few months i think we'll be making a compilation a DOS Alpha Musics ^^

enthusiast
enthusiast
music right now is awesome, pumpy and melodic laugh loving it..how can i extract it smile or will it be released?That i will by with my larianvault credit

"Dwelfusius | Were-axlotl of Original Sin"

Hardcorus RPGus PCus Extremus
apprentice
apprentice
I really really love the music (even if it is not finished yet).
In my opinion Kirill has done another outstanding job!

Sure, music "triggers" aren't working as they should, sometimes even playing 2 tracks at the same time, but I'm sure it will be sorted out until release.

stranger
stranger
I turned off the music because it's a big spoiler, so not sure what to expect wink

I didn't realize there is placeholder music.

Last edited by theNILE; 21/12/13 02:28 PM.
theNILE: Your avatar looks quite a lot like mine, and hence my cat! Especially, since my shot was taken when he was just a kitten. Great cat and great taste! laugh

I got Comment 33,333 at the legendary Larian KS for D:OS
veteran
veteran
I like the music a lot, especially the battle music. For some reason, that puts me in mind of the 1960's themed FPS "No One Lives Forever".

C
Cutter Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by Kein
Oh wow, placeholder music does not live up to (not yet recorded) orchestra expectations or final version. Alt+F4 then.

Stay out of my threads asshole. Go troll in traffic.

Midget Soothsayer robs Bank! Small Medium at Large!
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by theNILE
I turned off the music because it's a big spoiler, so not sure what to expect wink

I didn't realize there is placeholder music.

Well, since orchsestra is not yet recorded i assume some tracks will be remastered/redone with proper set of instruments.

Originally Posted by Cutter

Stay out of my threads asshole. Go troll in traffic.

Look who is talking,

apprentice
apprentice
Everybody who played either Divinity 2 or Dragon Commander knew the direction/style the music would take.
Futhermore, the Divinity series has never been a classical fantasy series. There have been influences from "modern" technology in Divinity 2 and Dragon Commander (and probably also in Original Sin), so why should the music be limited to "medieval" themes?

As I said, I really love Kirills work (since Divine Divinity), in my opinion it is genius and refreshing. His compositions partly defined Larians games since Divine Divinity.

Last edited by Larzare; 21/12/13 07:06 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Only just had a chance to boot up the new version of the alpha, and I'm blown away with the music. I wish Larian wou release this music in its own soundtrack. Stage 2 or no stage 2 music, its brilliant.

I'm also known as Tovarah.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Kirill is a fantastic composer and has made some of my favorite soundtracks of all time. He is not at all a "typical" composer and he does not do "typical" orchestral scores, and that's what makes his music stand out so well. He's created tons of catchy and memorable, even beautiful pieces and I think Original Sin's soundtrack is as good as any of his other work, if not better.

If you've never played a Divinity game it might not be what you're expecting. But perhaps you need to realize that the Divinity series was never especially typical either.

Originally Posted by sear
Kirill is a fantastic composer and has made some of my favorite soundtracks of all time. He is not at all a "typical" composer and he does not do "typical" orchestral scores, and that's what makes his music stand out so well. He's created tons of catchy and memorable, even beautiful pieces and I think Original Sin's soundtrack is as good as any of his other work, if not better.

If you've never played a Divinity game it might not be what you're expecting. But perhaps you need to realize that the Divinity series was never especially typical either.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

In fact, I don't think I've ever heard any of Kirill's music that I did NOT love. He's like Nobuo Uematsu--a composer with a lot of talent and a very unique, distinctive style that is a perfect fit for games.

veteran
veteran

How can you not like something like this? I mean, really?

A
addict
addict
A

How can you not like something like this? I mean, really?

Yea, Divine Divinity OST was all awesome. I can't really put my finger on one favourite track, there are quite a few. Maybe "Sighs of the Elvenkind":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3wOfUnqsyg&list=PLF83209B8D42B26DB
But really, too many good ones.
And Divnity 2 OST was good too, especially "Lullabies For Your Inner Dragon":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkiNzuPuxso&list=PLC0E3147E33AF40EF
I have no worries whatsoever that the D:OS OST will be great too.

Last edited by Aramintai; 25/12/13 10:11 PM.
veteran
veteran
Mah afro-American immigrant!

veteran
veteran
The music is great. I do think that the King Crab Inn music is too energetic and too long to play in the inn. I think that could work well as combat music, maybe even boss music.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard