Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 29 30
stranger
stranger
So I also encounter a crashing problem but not one mentioned so far I think. I crash every time I try to load a save (either a from quicksave or a regular manual save). When trying to load a save either from the main menu or ingame, I CTD every single time and am asked to send a report (which I do ofc).

Which means that I have to start a new game every time.

Well I guess I am lucky since I have no issue launching the game, playing it (I encountered no game breaking bug so far) or sending a report but still...

I hope my reports help solving this issue!

Last edited by Dralec; 20/12/13 11:54 AM.
Dralec #476830 20/12/13 01:24 PM
veteran
veteran
I have the same problem as Dralec.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I've been encountering a strange issue when loading saves.

All of my saves made post-update will take me back to the *previous* save made before. IE: I want to go to save A, which I had just made, but it instead loads me back to save B, which should have been overwritten.

Nothing to do with CTDs, thank goodness, but still annoying.

Last edited by Anubis4545; 20/12/13 06:15 PM.
addict
addict
same problem, unable te load a save now, the game crash everytime. I know that the save are not compatible from one update to another but I cannot load the save I did 2h ago ^^

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
From 1.0.45 bugs thread:

*Dialogue bug: In the Fab 5 dialogue, I have to manually switch characters several times to continue
*Also music is acting a bit wonky. In combat I get both the ambient and the combat music playing simultaneously.
*Just had to restart because audio was bugging out completely all of a sudden (after a fight).
*Every pile of gold I pick up is treated as a separate item, I can't combine them.
*Also had the issues with savegames from pre-update being loaded instead of post-update save.
Overwriting seems to have fixed it.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
The "Dusty Notes" I found in the burial mounds vanished after exiting and reloading the game.

veteran
veteran
This is not technical issue though, Zoido.

Kein #476996 21/12/13 05:58 PM
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
They are supposed to vanish? Am I missing something?

B
stranger
stranger
B
I can't get past the Support Tool on my Windows 8 PC. I run the game and the "This is a pre-alpha version" window comes up, but no buttons to continue. If I look in the Task Manager or Resource Monitor it tells me that SupportTool.exe is running and is accessing the disk, but an hour later it is still there. The OS is Windows 8.1 64 bit, the cpu is an Athlon II X3, there is 8Gb RAM, and the graphics card is an AMD 4550.

EDIT: Not quite true - the buttons on the support tool are actually there, but they are below the bottom border. If I click right on the edge where there is the hint of a line where the button would be on my W7 PC, I can start the game.

EDIT2: I should add that the screen resolution was 1440x900.

Last edited by BlackPhi; 21/12/13 09:03 PM.
old hand
old hand
It takes a very long time when I start a new game (approx 5 minutes with disk light flashing). I think this might be related to your problem BlackPhi. How long did you wait (or maybe it is a permission issue with win 8; i'm running win 7 64).

K
stranger
stranger
K
The "Abandoned House" can be entered through the window.

http://imgur.com/tNla7se

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by El Zoido
They are supposed to vanish? Am I missing something?

Read first post about what technical issue is.

Kein #477093 22/12/13 10:24 AM
apprentice
apprentice
I hope the fix for CTD with Windows 32-bit Systems will also be included in january !!

Have a nice Xmas at Larian Studios !

Sorry if someone already wrote:
I killed the wizard in the prison guarded by the 4 statues. The 2 women started a fight, but they didn't react (just like in the decision video) and the game had to force their round to be ended.

We are proud to report that we finished our DOS2 localization project (Hungarian). :'-)
https://warg8.jimdofree.com/
warg #477276 25/12/13 08:50 PM
stranger
stranger
Windows 7 x64; i7-3770 @3.4Ghz; 8GB RAM; NVIDIA GeForce GT 630
D:OS video settings auto detect - Ultra

D:OS takes ages to load or to start a new game.
All the mouse clicks register with delay or some time not at all. This happens for left/right click and on all objects like (but not limited to):

-Chests and barrels (open, pickup items, close)
-Doors
-Pickup items
-NPCs (to talk to them)
-Dialog (selecting choices)
-Inventory items (for example I right clicked on the pyramid many times with no luck and when I started to loose hope it finally worked)
-Game menus and dialog boxes (like Save/Load/Accept)
-The x buttons to close inventory/map/etc windows

and so on. The response to virtually every click is delayed or even missed in some cases.

This isn't happening in any other game (like Titan Quest, Grim Dawn, Torchlight II).

veteran
veteran
Try to disable vsync n game's and videodriver's settings.

Kein #477295 26/12/13 08:49 AM
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Kein
Try to disable vsync n game's and videodriver's settings.

Thanks for your suggestion. There is some improvement, especially noticeable when clicking buttons or picking up loot. The pyramids also work now from the 1st attempt. But there is still some very annoying lag, the worst being when interacting with NPCs and when selecting dialog choices (some times clicks on dialog choices don't even register).

veteran
veteran
GPU could be a bottleneck in alpha. Try to set all setting to low (you probably will haveedit config file manually) and see if it still happens.

Kein #477330 26/12/13 03:14 PM
A
addict
addict
A
Ok, here a bug. When you start a new game, the state of many things in the game remains from previous saves. For example, there are options during dialogues with citizens about things you did not encounter yet in a new game. Also, some questgivers already think you completed their quest, like sailors at the harbor think that you already have found them a job. Or the guard at the harbor garrison thinks that he already opened a door for you.

Last edited by Aramintai; 26/12/13 09:00 PM.
stranger
stranger
I think it is going to be very interesting to follow along with the Alpha as the game is developed. It gives new appreciation to game development.

Page 4 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard