Next Thread
Print Thread
#477051 22/12/13 01:35 AM
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Suggestions:

• Map: Add Mouse Wheel scrolling
  • ESC key should back out current open window before opening the main menu.
  • ZixZax shouldn't let us ask about the stones after we've found them.
  • Waypoints should allow you to enter from any angle.
  • It should be more obvious if a dialog option has been read. For example white for unread, partially opened trees should be light grey and completely exhausted trees should be dark grey.
  • Add a "you're dead" dialog.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
When posting a map marker the default action when pressing enter should be accept instead of cancel.

P
stranger
stranger
P
It would be also useful if you could choose the waypoint you want to travel to from the map, not just from the list.

Maybe they can make different colours for quest and non-quest dialogues, as it is for example in Kingdoms of Amalur.

I don't know, different colors could be too distracting. I'd support grayed-out options for dialog you've already read, but what if one dialog choice will initiate combat? Do you really want it highlighted in red so you'll know ahead of time that the NPC will react poorly to it? Color-coding has the potential to ruin a lot of surprises.

P
stranger
stranger
P
It depends on design. It could be for example gold color for quest dialogues and white color for the rest. I didnt suggest that color of the dialogue should anticipate the outcome. One colour would simply distinguish important topics from unimportant.

veteran
veteran
Eh, I'd like to try and limit the colour-coding. Greyed-out for exhausted topics, and maybe red/blue to keep the dual-dialogues a bit easier to follow. I do not at all like the idea of highlighting quest dialogue in gold. For starters, those topics should be fairly obvious from the text alone.

apprentice
apprentice
About the colorcoding: As colorcoding is information, and information is usually a good thing if, I would absolutely vote for colorcoding. My preferred combination would be greyed out for exhausted topics, some color for the list of topics on quest related dialogs as suggested by Paterik and also as Stabbey mentioned some kind of easier to read colorcoding regarding the player char dialogs.
I also like journals where the dialogs keep noted, at least the quest related ones.
An option to increase the height of a chatlog would also be cool.

OT: Did I ever mention Kingdoms of Amalur and Divinity 2 are my absolute favorite RPGs four hundreds of reasons? ^^

old hand
old hand
Just remember that some people are colour blind so if you colour code you should also shade code (I am not colour blind but I saw a post by a colour blind person with this issue in another game).

meme #477174 23/12/13 01:28 PM
A
apprentice
apprentice
A
why not simple symbols. ! for unread + for trees - for exhausted. though that might confuse some people into thinking that you get benefits or negatives on dialogue. other symbols could be used like a filled diamond. half filled diamond and empty diamond

G
stranger
stranger
G
New suggestion to this thread: Fog of War should not reset with each load of game. If you've explored an area, save, come back the next day, you shouldn't have to explore it again to remove the Fog of War.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by glennbo80
New suggestion to this thread: Fog of War should not reset with each load of game. If you've explored an area, save, come back the next day, you shouldn't have to explore it again to remove the Fog of War.

It is a know bug, loading saves does not intend to reset the explored map.

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
New suggestion: Let us decide the distance at which the character we're not controlling is following. It's currently a bit too much imho when running around in the wilderness, so that when my warrior enters combat, my mage usually have to spend at least an entire round just to get in range.

C
stranger
stranger
C
I agree with color (and shade) coding for distinguishing who is talking in dual dialogues, and for "already read" dialogue. Not for topic selection of main vs side quest.

I'm on board for noting the main quest/s as special in the journal, but not in dialogue; if it's in the journal you can deliberately just hunt down the main quest if you want, but color coding dialogue by 'importance' would be immersion breaking to me. A random NPC doesn't necessarily think the main quest is as interesting as their missing dog, so the importance is being assigned out of character.

I love the idea of setting the follow distance. When I had one fighter and one mage, I kept having to start the fights with the mage in front because otherwise she wouldn't be able to fireball. When I used two mages, I was constantly trying to get both characters to start a fight at the "front" and it's silly clicking back and forth and nudging them a bit.

I'd personally like an "Initiate combat rounds" button so that attentive players can start combat when they see a monster in the distance, giving time to buff and position, rather than having to get close enough that it auto-initiates.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Setting follow distance seems good.

I would also like to add some sort of "defend" button to combat - like it is in HOMAM for example. It would consume all your spare AP and increase your defense for each point spent for the rest of this turn. This will give you more tactical choices in combat - either keep your AP for next turn or bolster your defence for this turn.

A
addict
addict
A
Setting follow distance is a good suggestion. My following character is always lagging behind, so when I enter combat he\she has to spend AP just to keep up with me and come into range to use skills.

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Follow distance idea comes from Fallout, where you could set it by talking to your companions.
In D:OS, it could be done more naturally by pulling on the chain linking the characters's portrait. That would be particulary practical once the party gets bigger, if we could modify their distance to each others just by positionning the portraits, and chain/unchain them to the group with a SHIFT+CLICK command maybe.
Also, I think being able to properly set our group's formation is kind of a requirement to have proper tactical fights. And I agree with the "initiate combat rounds" button suggestion.

enthusiast
enthusiast
pressing escape closes the current window first (ie inventory/journal) then if all windows are closed, pressing the escape button opens the main menu.

"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because we are still prisoners of society"
B
stranger
stranger
B
- would be nice to have the camera centered to the mini-map viewed area by clicking the mini-map
- may be it wouldbe nice to have a difference between 1-click-walk (slow walk) and double-click-walk (run)
- in trade-window it should be able to sell goods from both characters, at least if they are both next to the merchant
- It should not be able to take (steal) all the goods from crates, baskets, containers, etc. especially in inhabited areas and during daylight
- If the Inventory of one character is still opened, the second one should open beside the first, not hiding the other one

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
In the other builds we did not have the quest mark on the map. I liked it better that way. Is there any way we could get an option to toggle those on/off? That way those who want them can those who don't can play that way also.

Link Copied to Clipboard