Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 30 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 29 30
A
stranger
stranger
A
Also getting a CTD whenever I try to load a game (both quick-save and normal save), as mentioned by other users (Dralec, Chaotica).

stranger
stranger
Yes, V-sync is enabled. I also forced V-sync ON in Catalyst driver settings (just to be sure it's on) - still got no luck.

Even on lowest video settings with all other video options disabled (except V-sync) the problem remains.

I'm starting to think that this game somehow doesn't recognise that my GPU is dualcore and treats it as a singlecore which hits general performance.

Radeon 7990 is generaly a sandwitch of two 7970 working on one PCB so perhaps the problem lays somewhere here between the game, GPU driver and GPU architecture.

However, it is the very first time I am experiencing such problem - none of my games did work with so bad performance. I've been also betatesting Grim Dawn since it's early beta stage but it worked fine on highest possible video settings (so it's not a GPU problem I guess).

Originally Posted by Aramintai
Originally Posted by gbnf
I don't know if it's a bug or an awesome game mechanic. I couldn't find a key to open the Black Ominous Gate. So after being bored & frustrated I started launching spells at it. After 23 level 7 Fireballs, Flares, & level 5 Winterbreaths the gate was destroyed.

And the key was just to the west of that door in a room behind a source monster...

The cove harbor key wouldn't work on it & I couldn't find any other key in that room or the area beyond it.

gbnf #477636 30/12/13 10:52 PM
N
addict
addict
N
I don't know if it's a bug or an awesome game mechanic. I couldn't find a key to open the Black Ominous Gate. So after being bored & frustrated I started launching spells at it. After 23 level 7 Fireballs, Flares, & level 5 Winterbreaths the gate was destroyed.

And the key was just to the west of that door in a room behind a source monster...

The cove harbor key wouldn't work on it & I couldn't find any other key in that room or the area beyond it.

The key that opens it is called "Black Ominous Key".
Make sure that the character you're opening the door with has the key (ie. if the key is in Rod's inventory Scarlett won't be able to open the door).

Kein #477663 31/12/13 01:50 PM
stranger
stranger
I set affinity for EoCApp.exe to one CPU and that CPU usage jumped to near 100% but the lag was the same.

Fraps says 20 fps on very low and 10 fps on ultra. Process Explorer shows near 100% GPU (on very low and ultra it's the same).

It looks like im my case the GPU is the bottleneck.

Last edited by Honet 13; 31/12/13 01:50 PM.
B
stranger
stranger
B
Originally Posted by Norbyte

The key that opens it is called "Black Ominous Key".
Make sure that the character you're opening the door with has the key (ie. if the key is in Rod's inventory Scarlett won't be able to open the door).

I couldn't find the key either, even though I knew it was supposed to be there. It is fortunate we start off with fireballs, as the door seems impervious to everything else.

Last edited by BlackPhi; 01/01/14 10:57 AM.
N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by BlackPhi
I couldn't find the key either, even though I knew it was supposed to be there. It is fortunate we start off with fireballs, as the door seems impervious to everything else.

I think they changed its location in the latest build:
The key is now dropped by Pontius Pirate

P
stranger
stranger
P
I have two display issues:

I use two screens and the main screen is a 2560*1080 screen.
So I set the video options as "2560 x 1080 (64:27)" and "Fake Fullscreen", which are options allowed by the game.

The Fake fullscreen option allows to play on the main screen and to see whatever we want on the secondary screen. (Else, the second only shows a black screen.)
In other games I play with similar option, I can go with the mouse on the second screen and do easily what I need to do, main screen still displaying the game and I just need to click on the game window to restart interactions.

In Divinity, my mouse can't leave the game.
It's not something major but I lose a lot of the confort brought by such an option.
So if it can be made possible to have the mouse not restricted to game window, it would be great.

The second issue encountered is a little more frustrating.

My main screen resolution (2560*1080) is recognized by the game. It is displayed as an acceptable resolution by the game options. But the game is not playable in such a resolution.

Graphic options screen: http://hpics.li/dc0488b
Title screen: http://hpics.li/c522baf

Some text is OK. Some is difficult to read. And some is just impossible to read, because of too much blurring or because it is not displayed on screen.

Easiest solution to try to play is to drop down to 1920*1080, but the display is extended horizontally and clickable areas don't stay behind associated text.
So unfortunately it's not an acceptable solution.

Easiest fix (cheapest?) would be to display a 1920*1080 game on the 2560*1080 screen by adding black columns to fill space on each side of the screen.
It's a solution I have seen in Assassin's Creed 3. It's not a solution I like but it would at least allows player with such a resolution to play to the game.

Best solution would of course be to correctly use the full resolution.

Support
Support

The 'Exit' button being cut off in the main menu is easy enough to work around (Alt-F4 or down arrow then Enter). The text quality... not so much.

Is the text also blurry in full screen or windowed mode? Did you try another 64:27 resolution, like 1280x540?

Did you try disabling anti-aliasing, to see if that would make a difference? (though I'm not sure if any post processing effects are applied to text)

Raze #477788 04/01/14 11:55 AM
P
stranger
stranger
P
But if the exit button is cut off at the main menu, what else can be cut off through all the game?

I just tried full screen, windowed and disabling anti-aliasing, nothing changes.

And there is no other 64:27 resolution available in the options. é_è

B
stranger
stranger
B
Originally Posted by Norbyte
Originally Posted by BlackPhi

I think they changed its location in the latest build:
The key is now dropped by Pontius Pirate

Wonderful:
"Pontius Pirate"! hahaha
Although I don't remember seeing him in game, and I thought I had fought all the pirates. I'll look again when the next build comes out.

R
stranger
stranger
R
I got a Toshiba laptop - processor: AMD E1-1200 APU
- grapic card: amd radeon hd 7310 graphics

I put video settings on minimum but its still pretty laggy, especially conversations or combat
First time loading takes about 5 minutes, quickloading after that goes fine.

I think its because of this cheap laptop or are people with decent computers also having some of these problems?

S
stranger
stranger
S
There is still another way to enter this black door, even if you don't find the key. I did not find it, but did not have to destroy this door with fireballs. You just have to come back on the room just beside the door, throw your pyramid on the other side of the door, then use the other pyramid...and you're done
The same exploit is also possible to cross the magical field door at the burial mount. I think it should be fixed for a better experience wink
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Sondaal; 04/01/14 09:08 PM.
Support
Support

Peredur;

If you started a new game, did you get the spell bar on the bottom of the screen? At least with Dragon Commander (same engine) the game itself was fine on triple monitor setups, but the menu got cut off due to the way it is scaled. Someone during the Dragon Commander beta mentioned getting black bars on the sides of the screen playing at 2560x1080, so presumably D:OS should at least support the resolution that much as it gets updated.

Can you switch your primary and secondary monitors in Windows, and then play on your other monitor? It would be a bit of a hassle (and you should use a program that can save and restore your desktop shortcuts' layout), but if some of the in-game text is blurry on your main monitor, that could let you check out the alpha without having to wait at least until the next update (later this month) to see if your issues are resolved. I'd guess Larian would want to get the next alpha update out in a week or two, and the beta by late January or early February.

ralf2117;

The game hasn't been optimized yet. Other people have reported long initial load times; The first time I load a save after booting the computer it takes half a minute to just over a minute (depending on whether it is in a cave or an outdoor area) to load, while after that (even if I exit and restart the game) it take 15 seconds (desktop: Core i5 3570K, ATI HD7870, 16GB RAM).

At 2560x1600 and high graphics settings, when the characters are running the ground movement is slightly jerky, but I only noticed that after playing for 20 hours, so I don't know if something changed or I was just blind when playing (I certainly ran while playing, even if I was looking for loot, etc some of the time and not as focused on the world itself). Dropping the resolution to 1280x800 helps; lowering the graphics to medium or low, and / or disabling anti-aliasing and lowering the shadow quality reduce the problem.

Raze #477884 06/01/14 08:41 PM
stranger
stranger
After trying Dragon Commander on the same machine I noticed that it has the same performance problems like D:OS. On ultra settings I get 9-10fps and on very low I get 19-20 (very low looks indeed very low) so 19-20 on very low it's well... way to low. For comparison, in Grim Dawn on highest settings I get 19-20 and the game is reasonably fluid and in Torchlight II I get over 40fps.

So it looks to me that the rendering engine has some performance problems and it's not specific to D:OS.

My configuration:

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Service Pack 1
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GT 630 RAM 2GB

Last edited by Honet 13; 06/01/14 08:57 PM.
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Hm, I'm afraid the GT 630 is not exactly a very fast card.
Actually it's one of the weakest cards currently sold.
Do you have the DDR3 or GDDR5 version?

Since you do have a good CPU, you might consider upgrading the GPU eventually.

Last edited by El Zoido; 06/01/14 11:18 PM.
stranger
stranger
Yes, it's not a very fast card. I have the DDR3 version.

But, that aside, it runs at 19-20fps on very low which is really the crappiest setting. Also I have better performance in other games.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Other games use different engines, effects, level of detail, etc.

You can hope for performance improvements over the course of the Alpha/Beta, but I'd consider getting another GPU eventually, if you want better fps.

stranger
stranger
Yes, but there is no way that D:OS on very low has more demanding graphic requirements than Grim Dawn or Torchlight II on highest settings. Try it an see what I mean. D:OS engine is a bit of GPU resources hog.

On the other hand, I have a more powerful machine (GTX590)but I haven't installed Steam on it.

N
addict
addict
N
You could try disabling shadows in your graphicSettings.lsx, as there is no option ingame to do that and it gave a ~20 fps boost for me:
Code
<node id="ConfigEntry">
    <attribute id="MapKey" value="ShadowsEnabled" type="22" />
    <attribute id="Type" value="0" type="5" />
    <attribute id="Value" value="0" type="4" />
</node>

Page 6 of 30 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard