Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#478277 17/01/14 05:30 PM
henryv Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Well, since there are no threads for the new update, I'll create one.

Crash:
-trading with Arhu: I sold branch to arhu. shift click again to get the branch back from the trading screen back to my inventory and a sudden crash.
-double clicking roderick's icon on upper left made me crash.

Bug:
-Experience sharing: characters who fainted or died during battle can still get experience. WAD?

-noticed the other abilities does not give the benefits for the initiative.

[Linked Image]

-(can be duplicated) black screen. I just alt tabbed to post this post and this happened: my bad lol

-uhh, alt tabbed while updating this post made me fight the orcs instantly in front of first town lol. I was at the bridge with the legionnaires when I was typing this (idle for a moment)

Balance:
-Traits independent and obedient gives the same stat (Willpower). WAD?
-Speed stat is irrelevant. Basically, speed is just relevant at the START of the battle not throughout. So, when you expect a boss fight or a long drawn out battle due to an enemy having gazzillion HP, speed will do nothing. Constitution all the way if you want survival and speed (or additional AP per turn).

Interface fixes:
-escape button to exit all windows before main menu window. It's out of habit
-Tooltips for option menus. TB (youtuber) is very critical on that lol.
-Abilities Fleetfooted tooltip description needs to be elaborated. "Fleetfooted increases your number of action points" is quite vague. Is it refering to the total AP like Rosy-cheeked, AP points during initiative, or AP points per turn? The latter is irrelevant since I've tested it out with another character that has no fleetfooted abilities. It could only give initiative? (see image above)
-pressing quick save (f5): have a window open or a readable text in the background saying "autosavin..." or "saved"

Other issues:
-dying/fainting. Is it me or is the chracter who dies/faints only have one animation or stance. Lying face down with his/her buttocks out? I found it hilarious though haha (http://i40.tinypic.com/2j5c1o2.jpg ; http://i41.tinypic.com/xd6scp.jpg ; http://i41.tinypic.com/2zfmplz.jpg)

Last edited by henryv; 17/01/14 07:11 PM.

"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because we are still prisoners of society"
veteran
veteran
- Arhu’s Sparkmaster controller is listed in his sell list when you meet him at the gate, but it’s flagged as “stealing”… while in his sell list. Clicking on it doesn’t do anything either. I do think it’s fine that he can’t sell it at this point, though.

- The ships on the southwest docks (x: 199, y: 2)are all black as if that area no longer has lighting. Given the y coordinate, I suspect the reason is that those ships are outside the boundary of the map.

- (x: 199, y: 10) – I can walk through the netting decoration.

- When Jock the chicken dies, he says "I thought I could trust you"... even if no one has Pet Pal.

Last edited by Stabbey; 17/01/14 06:30 PM. Reason: jock
B
stranger
stranger
B
Minor bug: there's an archway in the wall on the beach, at 427,92, which you cannot walk through. Particularly noticeable as that is the obvious route to the next bit of beach.

apprentice
apprentice
That black screen, I bet that's just because of the whole thing where you move the mouse to the edge of the screen to move the camera, it's not hard for it to go out of control, and when you come back from alt tabbing it has moved the camera to black unexplored space.

henryv Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Reki
That black screen, I bet that's just because of the whole thing where you move the mouse to the edge of the screen to move the camera, it's not hard for it to go out of control, and when you come back from alt tabbing it has moved the camera to black unexplored space.

Edited my post for this. Thanks for pointing it out.

"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because we are still prisoners of society"
veteran
veteran
  • The map in the Homestead - Hall of Heroes only shows the background, not the floor.
  • You can fall through the upper-left stairway in the Homestead’s central room. (x121, y 79)
  • Something seems off with the damage calculations. How can my level 3 warrior with 7 strength possibly be doing 2 and 4 damage when using a 12-24 Crushing damage cudgel on a level 3 zombie who is knocked flat on the ground and unable to move? I know a sword isn’t the best weapon to use against the undead, but is a 29-54 damage two-handed sword really not supposed to break double digit damage on undead enemies?
  • You can only pick up arrows from certain sides of the arrow sellers table, even though they should be in easy reach from one side or another.
  • Madora died in combat by a phoenix dive next to an exploding scarecrow (and she didn’t even damage the targeted skeleton much). After the long painful combat was over, her health was restored to full, but she still was considered dead, and didn’t auto-resurrect like Roderick does. I can select her portrait, which centers the camera over her grave, but she doesn’t move. I was able to bring her back with the Resurrect scroll Roderick started with, though.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Thanks for the topic and keeping the issues in one place ! We're keeping an eye on things, but are still very busy wink

Hope you guys are having fun though.

D
stranger
stranger
D
I am having rather frequent crashes which happen when I try to save the game (about a half of my attempts to save game resulted in crashes). Did not have such an issue in 1.0.47.
EDIT: It only happens when I launch the game under 32bit Windows, (using the workaround by scanti to avoid crash on start):
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthr...mp;Words=hack&Search=true#Post477192
No such issue under Win7-64.

Also, there's something wrong with the map:
[Linked Image]
It was normal before I reloaded the game...

Last edited by Dmitriy; 20/01/14 07:55 PM.
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
- some items like crossbows, shells etc. disappear out of the inventory when loading a saved game (you see empty slots where there should be some items)

- if the crab matriarch summons new crabs, they do not necessarily join the combat if your characters are too far away in combat mode (mage + ranger)

- your characters can still walk "into" the one gate right on the start beach

stranger
stranger
If both your characters die they may be selectable but you can't do anything. This happened to me at the very beginning, and I didn't get any game over screen.

Screenshot: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=217633841

veteran
veteran
I split up my party and sent Roderick alone to go resurrect Madora, then linked her to him and had them teleport back to Scarlett. But after I linked them up again, there were issues with Roderick not following Scarlett, all three of them had trouble following each other out of the King Crab tavern.

When I went to recruit the other guy in the library, things got really bizzare. Even though they were all linked together, and even though I was in single-player, during the recruitment conversation I got the "waiting for player" message for Roderick. Then the Jalal guy told me off because Rod didn't respond in time. I tried clicking Rod and eventually, he did weigh in on the conversation and Jalan joined. I tried to rearrange my party's chains, but it didn't work right. I decided to try and go to the homestead and try and fix things there, but the game got stuck on the loading screen for 5-10 minutes until I decided to force-quit the game.

If this was a case of someone joining my game, I sure didn't see any feedback telling me someone was joining.

EDIT: Yes, it was someone joining my game at the same time. that is what the problem was.

BUG: There is no feedback to let you know that someone has joined the game!

Last edited by Stabbey; 17/01/14 10:48 PM. Reason: cause found
B
B
- New games take quite some time to load for me. Fortunately, saved games don't seem to take as long.

- One of the Talents is called 'Comback Kid', which I think should be 'Comeback Kid' unless it's a reference to something.

- This is not really a bug, but it's a bit annoying that NPC allies can 'steal' your xp if they happen to get in the killing blow on an enemy.

- Typo: if you ask Marv about the attacks on the harbour, he will state a reply that starts with 'That burnng ship?'

- The Resurrect Scroll is called 'Resurect Scroll'

- The level-up arrow stays on your character portrait until you spend all your points. I imagine that would be somewhat irritating if you wanted to save up some of your points. The most logical solution would probably be to have it go away once you've approved the allocation, even if there are some points left.

- I don't know if it's possible to delete markers, I personally couldn't figure it out after accidentally putting a marker in the wrong place.

- Suggestion: Ninnius' attitude towards you should decrease if you decide to have his Orc girlfriend killed.

- At one point, Reginald talks about 'hubub' instead of hubbub.

- When talking to Zyzax at the homestead for the first time, one of your characters' text reads enigma's instead of enigmas (a common mistake for native Dutch speakers)

- Scrolling problem still isn't fixed, the skill bar, the minimap and the party roster (during combat) still prevent your cursor from scrolling in their general area.

- Completed quests still don't get filtered automatically, you have to deselect and select the checkbox every time.

Generally speaking, the game has improved a lot with this build. The shadows look good, the fog of war is working correctly, the pathfinding is (still) great, the combat is harder and the sound effects are a lot better. The interface is smoother as well, except for the two issues that I mentioned at the end of my list; the scrolling obstacles and the quest filter not working properly. I hope that these problems will be prioritized

I'll give more feedback tomorrow after I've gotten a little farther in the game.

journeyman
journeyman
all in coop-Mode:

- there was no reward for rescuing the lonly legionaire back to town

- no resurrecting partner possible after battle at bridge

- chargeneration with already joined coop is irritating because the joined partner can move his char around

- the companions are linked to the game-server-player only so he has to move all units save one in combat or not linked but the coop cannot link with companions

- crush-damage of branch is very high 8-20, branch with nails -38 in comparison with bow with 2-6 damage for ranger very weak (too weak)

- levelup-points skill only 3 points no longer resemble intelligence like said in description of intelligence
increasing cost is good but you should get more points for level up

- stealing is harder

- the balancing is more challenging (more fun to play)

- durability-loss is working

well done for second public alpha

Oh YEAH!
Have fun
veteran
veteran
- While wandering through Cyseal, I was bothered by the -1 next to my Warrior, indicating that he still had his "Higher damage/Lower accuracy" stance engaged, so I hit the skill to toggle it off. From that he unsheathed his weapon for fighting. I sheathed it immediately, but after that basically everytime Roderick started to talk to someone, they told him to sheathe his weapon (which was sheathed and stayed sheathed, and yet people kept telling him to sheathe it).

- Firefly no longer leaves a fire surface trail, it only hits enemies. Also, 7 AP is a really high cost for a skill that does basically no damage and just basically puts down a surface. Those are the kind of skills that should have a LOW AP cost, not a high one.

- When combining two branches together with 0 crafting skill (1 at most), I was able to make huge, high damage staves that required level 14. And yes, at least one had a +Int mod on it.

- The Regenerate skill says it heals for two turns. When you cast it on an ally, it heals once immediately, and then once halfway through. However, when you cast Regenerate on YOURSELF, it heals three times: once immediately, once halfway through, and once again as the cooldown ends. Correction: It seems that Scarlett casts the spell on Roderick it lasts for three heals. I'll have to look at this again to see what it's doing.

Also, this spell is really far too weak. It heals 14 damage total over two turns (21 for the caster), which is not a lot of health compared to how fast your total HP grows as you level, AND poor to handle the damage the large numbers of enemies put out. Healing after combat is useful, but the low amount it heals means it takes a long time - a lot of waiting around. It does seem to scale as your level increases, but only by like 2-3 HP per level, nowhere close to matching the rate your HP and the enemy damage goes up.

Last edited by Stabbey; 18/01/14 04:35 AM. Reason: healing spell
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Docks - the ships in the bottom left section are covered in fog of war or the textures are not loading:

[Linked Image]

veteran
veteran
Enemies who are killed by your damage-over-time effects like burning do not give you experience, which is wrong.

There's no way that my level 5 warrior's 29-54 damage 2H Sword should be doing only 4 damage to a level 3 skeleton.

A
stranger
stranger
A
There is a bug where gold doesn't stack into a single item slot.
It just clumps together in random amounts.

veteran
veteran
You know how you fixed the shroud recovering the map after your first visit to the Homestead? Well guess what? The shroud resets after your second visit to the Homestead.

Sometimes your followers stop following you when you enter/leave buildings, and you need to manually move them in or out to get them to know to follow you.

I'm just going to remind you that Winterbreath is insanely broken if you cast it when it's raining. It extends farther than you would expect and does a crazy amount of damage.

Last edited by Stabbey; 18/01/14 05:51 AM. Reason: winterbreath
S
S
Bug (Steam Release)

Priority - Gamebreaking (mid-high)

I used the Councillor's key on his door (when he went upstairs), however the animation to open the door froze/reset (I suspect the chest next to it, which I'd moved slightly, interfered) leaving the following issues:

1) Door cannot be opened (has icon of opened door + illegal tint)
2) Characters cannot open / use any item (character simply does the shrug animation) - this includes chests, NPCs and stairwells
3) Major Slow down / FPS loss

These appear permanent, even after exit / reloading.

S
S
Bug (Steam Release)

Priority - Gamebreaking (mid-high)

In the cook's house (with the chicken), the transition to the cellar is flagged as 'stealing'; if the NPC's back is turned, you can access it & initiate level change. On loading, the NPC's dialogue automatically pops up, but doesn't load the dialogue (because, since you've zoned, the NPC is no longer present?). This leads to an empty dialogue screen with no way of cancelling it, nor of zoning back up.

Reloading is the only way of getting out of this.

Last edited by SteamUser; 18/01/14 08:28 AM.
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard