Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
The mast on the ship in the docks is still cimbable.

[Linked Image]

And the ship appears to be partially off world

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

When both characters are in sneak, if you select the other char not currently in control, the sneak animation gets desynchronized.

[Linked Image]

I pledged and all I got was this lousy awesome game!
C
stranger
stranger
C
When talking to Bognard to ask about the totems it would not ask the question. Had to back out and talk to him again. In the same area towards the left and a little down there was an item starfish that didn't show while pressing alt.

stranger
stranger
Hello! Today I bought this game on Steam and find some bugs:

1. The tabs in inventory (armor, weapons etc) don't work.

2. When I open the first player inventory and give something to the second, the next pressing key 'i' show me the second player's inventory, but the third pressing 'i' show me the first... I think the inventory should be closed.

3. Smt with music... It's weird to hear battle music and usual music together in one battle.

4. Work of a teleport is strange. For example: I can't teleport my partner to some places, where it would be working (to the boxes after rope on the first pier).

5. Why fire don't evaporate water from destroyed barrel? IMHO it should be work like in real world, doesn't it?

6. Some types of clothing (robe, smelly coat) don't have an animation on player (player looks naked).

7. The image of cupboard inside (and some others too) looks like barrel inside.

8. I can't remove things and spells from hotkeys in the lower side on screen.

9. The camera won't be rotating on 360 deg.

10. Also camera doesn't move to the sides where some parts of interface open.

11. NPCs don't rotate to you, when the dialogs begin.

12. All quests in journal indicated after loading.

13. The weight icon in inventory doesn't update in real time (you should close inventory and then open it again with a view to see your weight).

14. The picture stolen by me from the wall doesn't hung on the wall again (only on the floor).

15. Quicksave save the game on the latest name in saves, but not on the file with the name 'quicksave'.

16. Strange texture of ice on objects after spell winterbreath.

17. Not a bug, but where is the key for autoregulation of inventory?

18. Smt weird with stacks of gold in inventory. I can't combine them together.

Last edited by Koon; 18/01/14 06:20 PM.
S
S
Content omission

Murphy (Jake's dog) will
smell the smelly panties, but won't smell the smelly scarf
By that point it doesn't matter, but...

Broken Quest Triggers

Esmeralda, after you've discovered Jake's fate, has no dialogue (I spoke to the commander first), and with a +60 disposition still refuses to talk to you, barring wanting a gift. I attempted the
smelly scarf and the love letter
with no joy from either. You'd think she'd have some dialogue about the entire murder business...

Unfinished Quests

I cannot finish Esmerelda's quest, nor can I finish
the robot out of control
despite having spoken to the commander, the mage, Esmerelda or the Councillor. Despite obviously being completed, they simply won't trigger.

Likewise, I have the
staff of pergamon
and the quest text has got to the completion point of "...Cecil will be pleased". However, speaking to Cecil gives no option to hand the McGuffin over or refuse etc etc. Broken trigger!

[EDIT]

I was able to finish the
staff of pergamon
quest after completing Cecil's daughter's quest. Dialogue option simply didn't appear until that one was closed (!!)

So, basically - it appears very easy to break quest triggers for no apparent reason. i.e. they simply break, even if done in the correct order and/or totally fulfilled.

Last edited by SteamUser; 18/01/14 05:41 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Small graphical bug, a lot of clipping with hairstyles and helmets on both my own characters as well as the new companions, most noticeably with the cloth bonnet.

Edit: Also noted that when destroying a barrel of oil and engaging combat on it, when someone is hit before it is lit on fire the blood will splash out and cancel the oil on the floor out and not leave any blood, just clears the ground in the splash area. Made my plan to kill the people inside the warehouse work less well than intended. Perhaps do something so that in those situations blood can't overwrite or cancel out the oil, as I'd think on the ground at least oil would be the harder thing to remove.

Last edited by JFSeiki; 18/01/14 05:24 PM.
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by SteamUser

Unfinished Quests

I cannot finish Esmerelda's quest, nor can I finish
the robot out of control
despite having spoken to the commander, the mage, Esmerelda or the Councillor. Despite obviously being completed, they simply won't trigger.

To finish Arhu's failed experiment you have to
go to the jail and talk to the guard by the treasury. He should thank you for saving him from the machine. He can also be made to let you into the treasury

Also check out this post for quests that are solvable. It should help cut down on false bugs about quests not completing.

Last edited by lokitrixter; 18/01/14 05:46 PM. Reason: link to quest thread
B
B
Here are some more issues that I encountered today:

- The legionnaire at the crime scene says 'Ready to have another look?' even if it's the first time you've ever been there. Very minor complaint, of course.

- It seems to be impossible to scroll down at the start of a conversation. This is annoying if there are a lot of dialogue options; for example, upon accidentally clicking a vendor I could not immediately click 'I think I'll take my leave', which is at the bottom. I had to select a different option before I was able to scroll.

- Glitch that occurred to me at a certain point: clicking or double-clicking items during trade did not work as they would immediately disappear from the transaction screen again. I had to drag them there. I think this got resolved after reloading.

- You can't simply use Enter when placing markers, so you always have to click Accept.

- Graphical glitch: Bognard the mourning troll's axe is clearly floating in thin air.

- I was able to use Rush to get inside the stone door in Esmeralda's basement.

- I seem to be incapable of equipping more than one ring at a time.

- Suggestion: the beggar's attitude should improve if you decide to give him money.

- Looted weapons disappear when you load a game, I was able to replicate this bug; it doesn't seem to matter if they're equipped or not. Not sure if this also holds true for other types of items, the golden cups I stole still seem to be there.

This last issue is probably the most serious one that I encountered during today's run. I believe it was reported by others as well.

S
S
Originally Posted by lokitrixter
It should help cut down on false bugs about quests not completing.

Thanks - however, that thread only explains the end point to Ardu's (Erdu?) quest, and doesn't explain why Esmeralda
having been exonerated
has no dialogue. There's also the small matter that her guard vanishes without trace.

As a complaint - the end point NPC to Erdu's quest (mage) has no dialogue linking him to the story, and is present at his station before the quest is activated. His dialogue runs along the lines of "That's the treasury, stay away, no joke", and he appears to be stationary during the quest. In fact, the story
heavily implicates the 5 as the instigators / protagonists, not only by the NPC at the scene's dialogue ("the 5 sent us in and didn't back us up"), the missing Tom quest (? unknown if it's linked), but the fact that afterwards they are all absent from the tavern.

Basically, having the quest finish there, with no surrounding support dialogue is totally bizarre. Logically, it should follow something like this:
5 at tavern > either join + get given quest to cave or > refuse and have Tom's sister quest lead you to another trigger > cave. Then *after* this, talking to Erdu should finish the quest and/or lead to denouement & wrap up Tom's quest as well

At the moment, the quest makes no sense, and there's zero dialogue leading up to it, since it isn't part of the commander's three expeditions.

/derail over

Last edited by SteamUser; 18/01/14 06:31 PM.
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
I'm assuming you joined the Fabulous Five. If so you may want to
speak to the mayor

Also depending on where you are in the murder mystery and what you have done you will find more info about it. I'd ask you to screenshot your quest log with the quest open and I'll see what might be missing if that will help.

I like that the game isn't super hand holding with it's quests. Yes, at times it can be annoying, but I like that I have to hunt to figure out the rest of the quest line.

S
S
Originally Posted by lokitrixter
I'm assuming you joined the Fabulous Five. If so you may want to
speak to the mayor

Nope, I declined their offer; I triggered it by entering the cave & speaking to the NPC in there, so obviously missed the beginning. However, it still doesn't make sense!
Why would the 5 have legionaries helping them? There's no link between the two

Back to bugs:

My game now appears to be a bit unstable after the 3+ memory leaks; constantly (4+ times, all within 30mins) getting "left click refusing to work" just from walking around (see earlier, visa vie Cecil's door error), although quick-loading fixes it temporarily. This isn't improved by a full close / restart. I've been using quick save almost exclusively.

Content Bug / Misplacement.

At the entrance to the
Black Orc dungeon
there's a parchment
outlining the Orc Queen's exact plans, and stating that their goal is to obtain the Star Stone. Although this is discussed beforehand, notably by the Orc burying his brother, this is the only solid proof I've found
This item is found
past the second bridge with bodies on it (past the electric field); using alt lets you see it buried in the stone wall to the right / underside of the bridge.
and is only visible using <alt>. Dragging allows you to pull it out; item name is simply "parchment". Given the storyline of the Orc's attacking the town, I was surprised that this wasn't a quest item, and at the rather obscure location; you'd think the legionaries, the council and the mage would be looking for confirmation!

Last edited by SteamUser; 18/01/14 06:58 PM.
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
This bug still persists from previous version and should probably be looked at.
Stand off to the side and attack Junius. Bibius will not join combat. You can't talk to Bibius afterwards. Seems weird he would just let his friend die. I know he's drunk but is he THAT drunk?

Upon quick loading, if you have a barrel or container in your inventory you are now unable to open it without first placing it back on the ground and opening it.

Last edited by lokitrixter; 18/01/14 07:47 PM.
Bug List:
1) When assigning bonuses to things such as "+5% damage", you should say "Increases damage by +5%" and not "with +5%".

2) The two "Cute Dog" enemies just north of town that turn into zombies actually initiate combat as "Cute Dog"s. Combat will end after one turn where the dogs then turn into zombies, regenerated to full hp, and come after you again. I suspect the Cute Dogs should not be engaging you in combat until they turn.

3) The Duke of Ferol, after speaking to him the first time and not saying much, suddenly believed me to have wronged him when I spoke to him again, and demanded a gift from me. I declined to do this, and I suspect something strange might trigger his hostility, but I know not what it possibly could have been. I did not manipulate any of his possessions as far as I can tell, nor did I ever accuse him of anything anywhere.

4) When talking to animals that can grant you conversational bonuses, you do not need to have "Pet Pal" to receive it. For example, the characters may talk to the rat in the burial mound and both get +1 Pragmatic, even though all they saw was "Squeak!".

P
stranger
stranger
P
I'm new to this, hopefully my descriptions are clear enough.

Bug list:

1) Fish Thief dialogue in the market - I started it while controlling Scarlett, I then had the debate internally and both Rod and Scar chose the 'Reason' response. Scarlett won and the thief didn't take the fish, however once the dialogue box closed I was in control of Rod. I walked around a bit with him but Scarlett didn't follow me. I swapped back to Scarlett and the fish thief spoke up again saying he wouldn't steal anything and then he walked away.

2) the Crowd Warmer quest. I spoke to the crowd warmer first, then the quest giver who asked me to hire the crowd warmer for him. I went back to the crowd warmer and he asked for 6 G. The accept request was 'that seems reasonable' which I chose. I didn't have 6 Gold and the crowd warmer's dialogue reflected that. But when I checked the quest in the journal it said that I had successfully hired the crowd warmer.

3) Typo: When the mayor shows us to the library after meeting him, his dialogue in the library misspells Victoria as 'Vicotria' in the third paragraph.

4)Map - I tried to make custom markers several times but they did not stay on the map.

Love the game!

stranger
stranger
I was talking to Victoria in the Mayors library. After ending the conversation I went down the stairs and then the dialog windwow popped up again. There is no option to end the (non existant) conversation. At the bottom of the scrolling area is the usual "I will go now" option but it is not klickable.

Only way out was to load a previous savegame.

The other thing was that I stole about 70 Gold out of a chest in the mayors house. This didn't stack with my other gold, not even manually. After loading the game, this stack of gold was gone.

I stole more gold (can't help it) and got this problem again. Now i have three stacks of gold. Two which actually say "Gold" but don't stack and one with has only the Icon of gold, see pic below. None of them stack. Although it adds correctly in the total gold amount.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by NomekSan; 18/01/14 09:48 PM.
H
stranger
stranger
H
Bug list:

1. The tabs (item filters) in inventory don't work.

2. If container (barrel, chest, etc.) near enough to start interaction but not reachable to open it, it's UI blink on screen (first it appears as if you opened it when instantly disappear). Good place to reproduce is barrel after rope on the first pier (x: 240, y: 23).

3. Gold pile can't be combined in inventory (however you can trade multiple pile to equal one from merchant smile ).

4. Character creation screen - Talents list: active area of list item (highlighted) doesn't match the text.

5. Inventory - Action Points line: highlighted area shorter than text.

6. After you save the boat in harbour with rain spell sailors continue to shout.

7. Typo in tombstone text at (x: 227, y: 254).

B
B
- Graphical glitch: if you go down the hidden hatch in the ruined cabin, there is a chandelier that appears to be floating in the air.

- When you land the killing blow on an enemy, it doesn't tell you how much damage you did, which would be useful to know.

- At one point when exploring to the NW of Cyseal, your characters come across a body and one of them exclaims something like 'The further I go, the more bodies I find heaped', but it is immediately cut off by the Exploration XP message and almost impossible to read fully.

- Quest markers only seem to work right after you are given a quest, once they are gone it's apparently impossible to get them to show up again, no matter which quest you select.

- Weird glitch: after I had defeated the enemies in the ruined cabin with the hidden hatch, the game told me Scarlet had leveled up. I tried to boost her Intelligence to 10, but it immediately reverted to 9 and I lost all my points.
I reloaded and this time it said Scarlet still had 180 XP left until her next level. When I reached said level, everything worked correctly. I think in the first instance the game had incorrecty calculated the amount of xp gained or something.

Originally Posted by Palehorse
4)Map - I tried to make custom markers several times but they did not stay on the map.

You need to click Accept, if you just press Enter the prompt will disappear without creating a marker. It's a bit annoying and I hope they'll just let us press Enter in future patches.

Support
Support
Originally Posted by Koon
15. Quicksave save the game on the latest name in saves, but not on the file with the name 'quicksave'.

Are you sure? The saves may not be correctly sorted in the save lists, but quick saving should save to a 'QuickSave' named folder. What happens if you delete the quicksave and make a new one?

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
- Sometimes, the cooldown for the phoenix dive seems to calculated incorrectly. In the description it says 3 turns but in a few situations I could use it again just the very next turn (maybe it is just a memory leek or something)

The following is rather a suggestion than a real bug:

- If you lure the enemies who are in the vicinity of Cyseal to the town gates so that the guards at the gates also join the fight, the guards do not go back to their posts after the fight is over. It would be nice if the guards would walk back to their original positions after the fight.

veteran
veteran
Even after the scarecrow explodes, you can't walk through the empty space where it used to be, something is blocking you. (Also, there needs to be some loot placed besides the scarecrow to lure players close.)

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Bittereinder

- Looted weapons disappear when you load a game, I was able to replicate this bug; it doesn't seem to matter if they're equipped or not. Not sure if this also holds true for other types of items, the golden cups I stole still seem to be there.

Just wanted to note that it looks like only world-spawned weapons will apparently disappear in that fashion. Drops, weapons collected from containers, and crafted weapons won't disappear.
Weapons in stands, or found on the ground or on tables or whatever, will disappear.

This also seem to happen only on the second player in a coop game. I, as the client, am the only one to loose my g*ddamn bow each time we reload.
Quite a bummer when, come level 9, you're still using the starting weapon :^p

The Brotherhood of norD is love, the Brotherhood of norD is life.
Click to reveal..
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard