Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
veteran
veteran
I read all of them, yes. Especially that big one.

A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by Kein
BIG RED LETTERS: TOLD YA

[Linked Image]

Sigh, that's exactly what I was expecting. Steam EA trolling is incorrigible.

Last edited by Aramintai; 17/01/14 06:35 PM.
veteran
veteran
Who really cares about the Steam forums???

WOOS
veteran
veteran
Steam crowd that uses them to make a decision about purchasing the game? The cattle that sets the mood and talk around the game on the biggest platform - Steam?

Yeah, who cares.

veteran
veteran
I never looked into Steam forums before I bought a game...

And I think you make people more dumb than they are. I think most people know exactly what Early Access is and what to expect from it. You don't have to crawl through Steam forums to learn about that.... wink

WOOS
apprentice
apprentice
The majority won't look at the forums, and good thing too just a quick browse and my head already hurts, none of the complaints are about the game itself, its just been constant whining about how butthurt people are about steam early access... though I do love the people comparing Divinity Original Sin to Torchlight 2 'they are exact same game' hehe /derp

Originally Posted by Setch Dreskar
comparing Divinity Original Sin to Torchlight 2

I laughed at that too. laugh

I pledged and all I got was this lousy awesome game!
veteran
veteran
What, you never played turn-based Torchlight 2?!

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by LordCrash
I never looked into Steam forums before I bought a game...

And I think you make people more dumb than they are. I think most people know exactly what Early Access is and what to expect from it. You don't have to crawl through Steam forums to learn about that.... wink

No, they don't.

See: http://steamcommunity.com/app/230230/discussions/0/630802979209754510/

Exactly what I was talking about!

Ah well, seems like Larian made their decision. It doesn't affect me, but I don't believe this will do the game much good. On the contrary.

Yeah I came to say there were complaints already. Its depressing.

Esp when you get comments like:

Steam isn't Kickstarter, Steam customers aren't Kickstarter backers...I'll pass this scam.

*sigh*

veteran
veteran
Even better is the guy who asked why buying DOS while you can play Path of Exile for free...

Apples and oranges so SO MUCH.... laugh

@DarthDavy
I don't call some trolls and idiots the majority. The crowd is never as mouthy as some indivuals who are just plain dumb or want to troll and make themselves important on the internet...

You people shouldn't even answer any of these threads. Never feed the trolls. wink

WOOS
journeyman
journeyman
I never answer on those kind of forums wink

But look at this reply from a different thread on Steam

[Linked Image]

Is he wrong? yes!
Is he seeing things from a wrong perspective? yes!
Is his opinion faulty? NO!

And that's the clue what I explained. That guy is a costumer. But he's upset. He's upset for the wrong reasons but he's upset nonetheless.

I think Larian could and should have avoided this. But they made their choice.

veteran
veteran
And that's the clue what I explained. That guy is a costumer. But he's upset. He's upset for the wrong reasons but he's upset nonetheless.

Exactly the point.

And not just he, not just single one. And he will spread his opinion and stance on this amongst his friends most likely.

veteran
veteran
He isn't upset. He is making something up.

You know, noone is forced to buy the game NOW! NOBODY! That's the failure in every argumentation against Early Access I (had to) read so far. You can just wait until 28th February if you don't like Early Access. It's up to you...

@Kein
You're a born pessimist, only seeing the dark side of everything...

Explain me then why so many people bought DayZ despite all the mouthy complainers and trolls on the Steam forum?

Last edited by LordCrash; 17/01/14 07:43 PM.

WOOS
journeyman
journeyman
Personally I have never bothered with steam forums. I was pretty ill when the kickstarter for D:OS went up and then down and had hectic medical bills to cover completely boning me on it, I would have loved to jump on and support as much as I could. What I've done since then to make up for it to myself is spread the word to just about every single one of my friends and I've nailed down 60 on the notion of actually paying for the game the moment it hits. Steam early access release just grabbed it to give my support, of the friends I've told 10 are currently online and have done the same. The rest will follow suite, and they will each be getting their significant others or friends to buy the damned thing as well. It may not seem like much to some of the pessimists I've seen on the forum over the years of me silently following in the corners but it does add up and I can hardly believe I'm the only person on the planet in relation to this game who is acting in this manner (i.e. telling friends to buy it and harping at them till it gets done) and I can say that with relative confidence because of the posts I've stumbled onto in many other forums where D:OS has been discussed where people are saying the exact same thing.

The internet basically allows any uninformed fool to go and spew their opinion about and steam is notorious for it, I lay it mostly at kids in first world countries with more money than brains form the way they act and seem entitled, but who in their right mind would go read their poorly worded and thought out rants and then make an "informed" decision about it. I think Larian made a sound decision regardless of the vitriol people will spew forth, and I thank them for allowing me to get a chance to support them in this way finally.

Kamatsu Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Sadly it seems that the Steam trolls have invaded the DOS Steam Discussion forums, just as I feared they would if this game went SEA like it has. All the complaints being posted are all the same that have hit Wasteland 2 and other SEA games - price is too much, this is an incomplete game, damn SEA, will the game ever get finished, etc. As well as the complaints/comments about this being yet another Kickstarter game on SEA.

I hope Larian has people actively moderating those forums, because they are going to have to start closing / deleting these complaint threads, else the vast majority of the forum that newcomers will see will just be these threads (which is exactly what Wasteland 2's forums looked like before they knuckled down).

And as for the comments that people know what SEA is / means? Nope, sorry that isn't the case. There are a lot of people who do not know what SEA is, or what a beta is - many think that SEA means you can get the full game prior to actual release... they do not read the SEA blurb and/or store page.

Also regarding ppl not reading the forums - a lot of ppl do in fact read steam discussion forums prior to buying. And if they see lots of negative threads they will tend not to buy the game. Yes there are many who do not do that, but there are those who just skim the threads to see what the forums are like. I know personally I tend to look at forums myself, and if mostly negative... I'm usually put off - although I'll still do more research (such as youtube video's, other forums, etc) unlike a lot of ppl.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Kamatsu

And as for the comments that people know what SEA is / means? Nope, sorry that isn't the case. There are a lot of people who do not know what SEA is, or what a beta is - many think that SEA means you can get the full game prior to actual release... they do not read the SEA blurb and/or store page.

Nobody should care about people buying something without reading what they really buy. You just cannot prevent people from being dumb. And dumb people will always try to troll and complain about everything, you somehow have to live with it...

But yes, I also hope that someone from Larian is moderating these forums to just answer enraged stupidity with dignified reason... wink

Last edited by LordCrash; 18/01/14 02:44 AM.

WOOS
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by JFSeiki
---Snip---

Nice post! A good counterbalance to keep the grousing in perspective.

It seems like a storm in a teacup to me. Unless someone shows me data comparing the number of people complaining to those purchasing/praising the game, demonstrating significance of the former, I'm not going to be concerned.

"Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that" - Leunig
addict
addict
Thanks for early access, Larian. Can't wait to finish the download hehe

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
stranger
stranger
This is awesome, so excited for this game. It is so cool that we get an early peek - yay Larian!

Ignore the naysayers, for are an old school Ultima fan like myself this ealy access is all good. party

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard