Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 30 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 29 30
Support
Support

That happens if you have the Windows font size set to medium or larger (more than 100%). If you look at the bottom of the window, you should see the top edges of 3 buttons: Play (selected by default, so that is what Enter does), 'Report a bug' and Quit.

Raze #478418 18/01/14 12:22 AM
R
stranger
stranger
R
Hello all,

I can't launch the game. Everytime I try, EoCApp crashes.

Also, I used this Analysis Tool and it reports a problem with my CPU (i7 3630). Where or who should I send the zip file generated by this tool with the full report of the analysis?

Thanks in advance!

PS. Nevermind, I just found the e-mail address I should write to: supportdos@larian.com hehe

Last edited by Ravenink; 18/01/14 12:25 AM.
Raze #478419 18/01/14 12:24 AM
B
stranger
stranger
B
New Game won't start. If i click "New Game" in the starting menu, it shows a loading screen and after a few seconds, it simply returns to the starting menu and the background music starts all over again.

veteran
veteran

C
stranger
stranger
C
Hi, I'm currently stuck with problem #2.(clicking on new game and then crashing during the loading screen)
Except I'm running windows 8. Although it's a 32-bit system, it's not vista or win 7. This might help you narrow it down to simply 32 bit systems? Anyhow, I hope you guys can get a fix for this problem soon, I was looking forward to helping this game's development and now I can't even test it frown Let me know when you guys have a fix for this problem.

Thanks!

CS.

Last edited by CrowShark; 20/01/14 08:52 PM.
A
addict
addict
A
So, I've only started to play new build and what immediately is apprarent is that screen scrolling with mouse over UI objects like skill bar is still not working. And still annoying.

stranger
stranger
I am still unable to load a save... I crash every goddamn time.

I did a clean install, deleted old saves... And still I can't load a save either from a quicksave or a manual one without CTD.

If someone know how to solve this that would be great, since starting anew each time is a real pain.

Hely #478546 18/01/14 03:34 PM
V
stranger
stranger
V
I can't load up any save games.While loading a save game it will crash to desk top.After having to restart 6 times I'm going to wait for a patch to fix this.

Windows 7 64bit,
GTX590 using latest drivers.
i7 2600k
8 gig of ram.

Steam version Alpha.

Last edited by Volkira; 18/01/14 03:34 PM.
Dralec #478547 18/01/14 03:37 PM
E
stranger
stranger
E
The same problem here, the game crash only when i try to load a save.

My pc is:
Intel I7 920
12 gb ram
geforce 770
Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

Originally Posted by Dralec
I am still unable to load a save... I crash every goddamn time.

I did a clean install, deleted old saves... And still I can't load a save either from a quicksave or a manual one without CTD.

If someone know how to solve this that would be great, since starting anew each time is a real pain.

stranger
stranger
I am unable to load saves, both quick and "normal" ones.

I started a new game on Ultra settings (6-7 fps) quicksaved and changed the settings to medium, I got out of the game for the configuration changes to apply and was unable to load the game (crashes after a few seconds on the loadscreen)

I started yet another new game on medium settings (15-17 fps) I quicksaved and saved and was, again, unable to load.

My pc is:

Intel Corei5 CPU M 430 @2.27 GHz 2.27 GHz
4Gb RAM
W 7 Home premium

Last edited by Titoxasis; 18/01/14 04:07 PM.
E
stranger
stranger
E
No answers, no advice about "save problem"?

C
stranger
stranger
C
Game "soft" crashes (as in shows screen and can move mouse but cant do anything else) when trading with Sergeant Curtius. Had six items in trade window before it happened. Sorry if this has already been posted.

elmor #478605 18/01/14 09:44 PM
Support
Support
Originally Posted by elmor

Here is a link to a new game save (with mage/ranger default builds EDIT: link removed), if anyone would like to check if the problem is during the save process (in which case this save should work) or when loading (in which case it wouldn't... which is more likely). Extract the zip file into your ..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\Savegames folder.

Otherwise, please email supportdos@larian.com, if you haven't done so already, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool.

Last edited by Raze; 19/01/14 12:06 AM.
Raze #478626 18/01/14 10:17 PM
B
stranger
stranger
B
Thanks Raze, I just tried the save file and it still crashed. I'll send a report in an email shortly.

Raze #478630 18/01/14 10:21 PM
E
stranger
stranger
E
The problem is loading the save frown

Originally Posted by Raze

Here is a link to a new game save (with mage/ranger default builds), if anyone would like to check if the problem is during the save process (in which case this save should work) or when loading (in which case it wouldn't... which is more likely). Extract the zip file into your ..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\Savegames folder.

Otherwise, please email supportdos@larian.com, if you haven't done so already, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool.

enthusiast
enthusiast
1) For me, some info text for the menu buttons is missing:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=218126885

2) The explanation text for sourcery is missing.

Last edited by eidolon; 18/01/14 10:31 PM.
Raze #478652 18/01/14 11:36 PM
V
stranger
stranger
V

Here is a link to a new game save (with mage/ranger default builds), if anyone would like to check if the problem is during the save process (in which case this save should work) or when loading (in which case it wouldn't... which is more likely). Extract the zip file into your ..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\Savegames folder.

I just tried the save you made and it didn't load up either.

I'll email support and attach the crash dump files.I also attached the Report zip in another email as I forgot to attach it with the crash dumps.

Last edited by Volkira; 19/01/14 12:03 AM.
Raze #478654 18/01/14 11:43 PM
veteran
veteran

Yeah, that saved game didn't work for me either. I already sent in a couple saved games from 1.0.87 in hopes they'll help to diagnose the issue.

apprentice
apprentice
A pitty, new patch, same result:

game crashes to Desktop after loading Screen, so still no gaming for me :-(

Files send....

journeyman
journeyman
So... this is probably not going to be very clear... I've been playing a bit of coop but I've had some issues. I can join people's games, people can join mine as well and the same goes for the person I want to play with but when we try and play together it weirdly doesn't work.

The only difference I can see between us two and the others would be that our accounts are both linked with the steam family sharing beta thing but I don't really think that has anything to do with it. Any ideas?

Page 8 of 30 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard