Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kaya86 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Hey guys,

i'm trying to start a game but i'm failing. I don't know how to start it, which buttons do i have to click?

Please would you help me please

Support
Support

I have not played co-op with the alpha, but to host a game, just click on New Game from the main menu, the same as for single player, and go through the character creation for both characters, then in the game hit Shift-Tab, right click someone on your friends list and select Invite to Game. Or was that what you were doing?

If you click Join from the main menu you should be able to join the game of anyone on your friends list.

Do you have the Steam overlay disabled? If so, enable it in the Steam options, or allow it just for D:OS.

Kaya86 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I tried that. But all it does is bring me to the main menu, when i try to join a game.
It is a little bit buggy.

But thanks for the answer smile

apprentice
apprentice
I already test the alpha but don't have the duo alpha option in the vault. What should I do (except giving up white chocolate) ? I do have the future two digital copy but not the alpha duo.

Last edited by Doublefreud *; 18/01/14 08:33 AM.

Meowmic Republic of Sin
T
stranger
stranger
T
I had the coop bug where it would just go back to the main menu.

What solved it for me was to wait for an invitation in steam, without starting the game first. From there, just click "join game" and the game should start directly in your friend's world.

Last edited by Toone; 18/01/14 11:54 AM.
Support
Support

Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully that will work for others with this problem.

N
stranger
stranger
N
I have the very same issue, but sadly it was not solved the way it was for the Toone.

Tried different ways to start a co-op: invitation from main menu, from steam overlay, invitation while both of us had the game running, invitation sent to outside of steam - no effect.

Last edited by Nortar; 18/01/14 06:09 PM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
Unfortunately, having the same issue. Haven't been able to play a coop game yet.

Have tried coop by:
- clicking "join" from the menu
- accepting a steam invite while in game
- accepting a steam invite while in the main menu
- accepting a steam invite while the game isn't loaded
- joining friend's game via Steam's friend list while in game
- joining friend's game via Steam's friend list while in the main menu
- joining friend's game via Steam's friend list while the game isn't loaded
and vice versa.

No luck so far.

stranger
stranger
Works fine for me, make sure your firewall isn't blocking the game smile

Both people need to be in the game, one in the actual game, one in the main menu.

the host should pick the character they want to play and then the joiner should click join, then right click the steam friend they want to join in the game with and click join game. it will take a wee while for the screen to settle but it should let you slip in to the other character.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Can anyone tell me, what ports I have to forward on my router.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Sorry, I still haven't had any luck playing co-op. Doesn't seem like a common problem based on the feedback on this forum.
But sucks for those of us who can't get it working.
Any ideas from anyone would be good.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Also having this issue. Overlay pops up and when i'm brought to the loading screen it sends me straight back to the main menu.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Can we get some visibility on this issue? Bought this game for coop and there's nothing more infuriating than being repeatedly pulled back to the menu screen without any acknowledgement that there even was an error. Afaik the only dev response has been 'make sure you have steam overlay enabled' which is completely redundant considering that's how you actually join another player in the first place.

P
stranger
stranger
P
I've run in to this issue. My game was slowing down so I wanted to reboot my laptop. When I restarted the game and loaded it, my wife couldn't join. It would go to the loading screen then drop her back to the main menu.

We tried a combination of the following actions.

- Restart game.
- Reboot Laptops.
- Load a different save game.
- Join the Host.
- Host invites.

Nothing specific seemed to fix it. We just went back and forth restarting and eventually I think it was my invite that got it working again. A previous invite did not work. I knew when I saw her game loading very slow that it was going to work.

My only theory at the time was to attempt to connect enough times that the bug would get tired of us trying and give in. Think it took a total of 5-10 minutes (including reboot/game restarts) to get it working. Haven't had the issue pop up again so far.

Wish there was a pattern I could provide to help you out.

Link Copied to Clipboard