Next Thread
Print Thread
#478620 18/01/14 10:08 PM
U
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
U
So I got this game off steam yesterday and I found a significant bug. Occasionally, such as after meeting the "time goblin" or even just after loading a save, the weapon in a PC's main hand will have just vanished. Poof. Gone. I've only had it happen to the male protagonist once, but Scarlet seems to "misplace" her weapon with every reload. Anyone else have this problem?

I once had Roderick lose his equipped bow when loading a save before. That is the only time I've changed weapons, though, so I don't know of a trend that causes it unfortunately.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
YES! This happened to me last night playing co-op. I was scarlett as the player joining and after a reload my weapon was gone. Along with all my weapons in my inventory. I had already bought a bow and stolen the bow at the shop. There were no bows left for me to get. I had to level up and put a point in crossbow and buy one of those. Very annoying.

Also at one point I went upstairs at Esmerelda's??? house. She got mad and was gonna attack me. I spawned upstairs and two guards ran over to me and just stopped. It was then frozen. I still had control over my mouse cursor but that was it. My partner was still running around fine. I logged out and he zoned into an upstairs pulling my character to him. But my character was still frozen and wouldn't move. When I logged back in I still was unable to move my character and only had control of my mouse cursor once again. Tried to reload a few times and it was stuck.

We are just gonna start over tonight and delete that game as it seems to be a mess!

U
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
U
Actually, I did some experiments and found that, with every reload, all bows in all my inventories disappeared. So it isn't just a Scarlet issue, it's an issue with the entire Bow weapon set.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I had this happen as well. I started out Roderick as a Warrior but I put some skill points into bows so he could do some ranged attacks as well. Saved my game,came back later and the bow I equipped him with was gone.

P
stranger
stranger
P
My ranger´s bow disappeared several times after loading. And it was lost from all saves, not just the last one.

L
stranger
stranger
L
It's not only bows. The weapons of my entire team are missing after reload : mace, two-handed sword and staff. Needless to say that it is quite complicated to recover from such a problem.

Yes its not just the bows, its most of the items that are looted. I don't want to pass the docks until those issues are fixed with the item disappearing.

Last edited by Texoru; 19/01/14 12:17 PM.
addict
addict
I noticed already that only world-spawned weapons will disappear.

By world spawn, I mean weapons manually placed in the world, on display stands ( 1h swords in the fort cellar by the port, Esmeralda's shop ), on the ground ( the bow just after the first orc fight on the beach, before you enter the town ; the bow in a field with a scarecrow at the middle, where you encounter a bomber and a few skeleton archers ), or the 2handed sword in the skeleton ribcage in the cellar of the lighthouse.

Every weapon crafted, bought, looted, or found in containers will be perfectly OK.

We 'finished' the beta with a friend as the host, and I kept the starter bow almost all the way because of this. He never got a single weapon from the world, so he never had the issue.

AFAIK, it only concerns weapons, and I'm not sure about armors and shields. I fear they may suffer the same fate, though.

In short : if you want to keep your weapon for the alpha duration, try to buy them, or seriously hold onto any looted one :p

The Brotherhood of norD is love, the Brotherhood of norD is life.
Click to reveal..
A
addict
addict
A
Items are dissapearing, alright. I've been playing multiplayer with a buddy and when I loaded a quicksave after looting the garrison at the harbor, all the looted weapons that I gave him previously dissapeared, even the ones he equipped.

stranger
stranger
I have been having the same problem with disappearing gear. I have had weapons in equipment slot not be there on reloads. Furthermore I have even had quest items and all other sorts of items go missing from base inventory slots. This is problematic in that I can no longer finish certain quests. Case & point the Kitty love quest because Sam's Collar disappeared before I knew it was missing.
Aside from losing all the progress made up to most current save is there any way to fix this issue?

Ruby damn it!
veteran
veteran
I know that in previous versions, items pre-placed on the map would appear back where they were when you first found them upon a reload, you could try that.

U
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
U
I can confirm that lost gear is NOT back where it was originally found. Side note- I went to check this out immediately and ended up playing for an hour before coming back to report. Despite its flaws, still an excellent game smile

stranger
stranger
is there any console commands or something like that so you can just dump the items back into the game?

If media made you fat... I'd be dead...
stranger
stranger
I had the same experience with weapons I picked up disappearing. In addition all the gold I have stolen disappeared after a load too smile That kinda sucked, but hey, easy come - easy go. It's an alpha tho, so I'm not surprised in the least, can't wait for the release!

journeyman
journeyman
Same here. Quite sad really especially as the short bow you get from the battle after the orcs is so much better than the standard bow you start with.

I'm also known as Tovarah.

Link Copied to Clipboard