Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 30 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 29 30
stranger
stranger
When provoking a guard to the point they want to start a fight (e.g. by repeatedly trying to steal stuff while in their field of vision) they open a dialogbox saying that they will start to fight me now. If I leave the map while this dialogbox is still open (and thus, the fight has not jet started) my party moves to the new map and the framerate drops down to like 1 screen per 10 seconds and stays there. Pressing f5 to save and f8 to quickload allows me to reload the savegame with normal framerate. If I walk back to the map with the guard he will engage in a fight the moment he detects me. I could produce this behavior two times by provoking the first guard in the prison cellar and moving back to the ground floor on time but it did not always happen.

D
stranger
stranger
D
0.99 post-hotfix issue:

Talk to snorri, persuade him to fight me, game hangs on the beginning of his turn. Repeatable, happens every time I try to finish this area: Move sarcophagus lid, chat with snorri, get him to fight, hang at turn 1 (he goes before anyone in my party). Previously there was a mechanism that forced a turn change when there was an AI hang, doesn't seem to be working anymore.

Any workaround to this?

Also possibly related: Madora (NPC fighter) has 2 "!"'s over her head now and I cannot interect with her in convo mode, although she will still fight. Reload does nothing.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Used Madora to kill the elf, alone. She has an exclamation mark over her and there's no way to talk to her now (also later two "!" appeared - still no conversation).

E
stranger
stranger
E
In windowed mode if you minimize, the game crash.

elmor #480177 25/01/14 10:16 PM
B
stranger
stranger
B
I still have the same problem: When I click "New Game" on the Menu, the loading screen appears and shortly after, the game just returns to the menu. Endless loop. No crash, no error message, just.. yeah.. I deactivated my firewall, assuming that it was causing the problems, but nope.. updated drivers - nope, reinstalled dvix - nope. I also used the analysis tool and it says everything is fine. I am.. confused ^^

Btw: I use Windows 7 64 bit, I7-2600K CPU @3.4GHz and an AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series graphics card

stranger
stranger
Issue with quicksaving and regular save:

Quicksave: if you try to load after heading north and reachign 3 skeletal mages Lvl 5 and 4 Skeletal Melee/Archer (Mix) or right before it, loading said Quicksave will crash the game to desktop

Save Issue: Last save game does not save properly updates .gif pic on right side but last save info is invalid & loads a previous time that file was saved for me was 8 hours back.

I Use Windows 7 64x AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core 4GHz AM3+ Processor,with 32GB of DDR3 Ram and two Evga Nivida Geforce Titans SLI'd so it's not an issue with my PC.

stranger
stranger
the fan of my GTX 560 ti is constantly running on high speed.
Playing in "Fake Fullscreen".

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster
veteran
veteran
Force vsync in Nvidia Control panel.

Kein #480318 27/01/14 04:15 AM
S
stranger
stranger
S
Game loads and then drops after I try to start a new game.
http://i58.fastpic.ru/big/2014/0127/5d/24b678f16747dee96766a979bbc7af5d.jpg
Sorry for too big screen. Tried 5-6 times and all the time game drops.

Stigm #480319 27/01/14 04:24 AM
veteran
veteran
Windows 32bit?

Stigm #480324 27/01/14 04:42 AM
Support
Support

There is a know issue with 32 bit versions of windows. This may help, in that case: Hack for 32bit windows users.

Make sure your firewall isn't blocking access for the game (EoCApp.exe and SupportTool.exe both need access).

See Killer Networks NIC and can't load the game? Fix!, if applicable.

Try starting the game directly from the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Shipping\EoCApp.exe' program file. Perhaps right click and run as administrator (or right click, select properties and switch to the Compatibility tab if that doesn't help).

Raze #480353 27/01/14 02:23 PM
stranger
stranger
Hello!
Don't know if someone already posted these bugs, but here they're!
Game version: 1.0.102

№1
After failed attempt to kill two drunken guards (Junius and Balibius.. i guess?), I reloaded the game at attacked them again. This time I heard two different music: first "general" combat music that starts immediately with combat, and then started another one that "overlayed" on first one.

№2
When I had a Level Up, I opened Inventory window to look at abilities. And there were no description for "Sourcery" ability, just "Sourcery determines..." in hint message (the one that appears when pointing on something)

Screenshot:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-WX2ZctvF0Tc0taamdDQ2VHR1k/edit?usp=sharing

№3
When pressing "Alt" to look at what items I can pick, item name above the gold didn't showed up.

Screenshot:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-WX2ZctvF0TemRTUm5YVDZ6TUU/edit?usp=sharing

№4
There're two options ("(end)" and "(continue)") in one place when talking with Orc Female (the one that under the love potion effect)

Screenshot:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-WX2ZctvF0TdkoySEstcTRMRE0/edit?usp=sharing

№5
This connected with those Orc too. Something caused situation when dialogue window closed (but actual dialogue isn't finished yet!) and player can move,use items, etc., and when clicking on Orc Female to talk at this moment, the dialogue window opens but there's no way to close it again:
there's just a lot of empty spcae and unclickable "End" option.

Screenshot. Unclickable "End" isn't present on sc, though:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-WX2ZctvF0TYV91R01OYnVHb00/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you to have a minute for reading this massive post smile

C
stranger
stranger
C
I have asked both Jahan and Madora to join the party and they have done, yet they do not follow me and the woman around. Do they only do so once you leave the city or something?

Last edited by Chris_C; 27/01/14 03:21 PM.
B
B
Do you see a little chain between Scarlett/Roderick's character portrait and that of Jahan/Madora? If not, try to drag the portraits on top of each other. If yes, you're probably dealing with a bug.

Support
Support

I had that problem (neither companions' portrait showed up, though their dialog changed as if they joined the party) in 1.0.93/95, but a new game in 1.0.102 (after renaming the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin' folder) worked fine.

The D:OS folder in My Documents contains the saved games, configuration files and a level cache folder. Deleting or renaming it will get the game to recreate it on startup; playing the game from a different Windows user account would effectively do the same thing.

Raze #480476 28/01/14 06:17 PM
E
stranger
stranger
E
Just after killing Evelyn, when i start to take the loot the game crash.

elmor #480477 28/01/14 06:21 PM
S
stranger
stranger
S
The Monitor sets itself on standby and tuns on again afeter 1 minute. Or it turns black and the whole System crashes.

Support
Support

Schattensengel, is that when you try to start the game, or during the game? If while you are playing, is it random, or associated with something you are doing (the start of a conversation, or entering a particular location, etc)?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Schattensengel
The Monitor sets itself on standby and tuns on again afeter 1 minute. Or it turns black and the whole System crashes.

You need to provide more info. Does this happens when you just start the game or, for example, after a hour of play?

Kein #480550 29/01/14 04:50 PM
K
stranger
stranger
K
issues:

1: crabs in the "the cove" do not attack, including the boss crab Ceasar. They just stand there doing nothing.

2: Monsters do not regenerate HP and considering "flee combat" is instant and can be repeatedly used at no cost, anything can be killed at any level with a mage or ranged dd.
Shoot fireball from far, flee, repeat.
Killed last boss in the game (ghost that raises as a skelly after death) with a mage lvl 3 or 4 that way.

3: Lockpicking doesn't work. Could not pick a single lock with a skill lvl 6, and yes, i had the actuall lockpicking skill learned.

4: At the last stage of the murder quest, Evelyn gives a speach after which it seems that she should engage in combat with you but nothing happens.

Page 11 of 30 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard